ForumsThe TavernPublic Restrooms

36 11491
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So am I the only one that doesn't like public restrooms?

I just find them really disgusting and usually when there's another guy in there and I need to pee, I just can't pee. I feel like I have to go but I just can't.

This might be a bit personal to you guys, so if you don't want to post I understand. Wow that sounded very sad.

• 36 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I'm totally okay with using public bathrooms, and with the upcoming water charges I will be using them even more to facilitate my needs.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Water costs like nothing Jack. Wouldn't be worth going out of your way to to to a public restroom.

Public restrooms are OK. Some are gross but most are fine. If you have to go just go. If you have trouble peeing when there is another guy there thing of something else.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I really don't mind public toilets. Sure some of them might seem a little dirty but it's not like you're going to live there forever.

Speaking of toilets, I absolutely loathe squatter toilets. The only time I'll ever use them is if I want to do my business. Hell, even some of the squatter toilets have broken flushers which also annoys me.

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

I avoid public restrooms as much as I can if possible, a lot of them are gross, and the lines are usually very long, plus if there is no toilet paper for me to sit on, then I won't be able to pee, think about all of the germs that are on the toilet seat, ew.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I don't care about the ones in America. The ones that aren't stinky aren't too awful, and if I really have to go I can hold the door shut with my foot. Not that bad.

However, the ones in China are horrible, because they're like horizontal urinals. You would not believe the amounts of stains and mysterious substances on the ground. And blood, which was to be expected, but is still not something I want to see. The ground was definitely not a surface I'd want to put my pants on. Fortunately, they had real toilets for pooping sometimes. I used those whenever I could, but some places didn't have any.

Random story: Also in China, I got kicked out of a church for wearing shorts, and while my class got a tour, I wandered around with my friend (who decided to keep me company) and found a condom dispenser on the wall. And almost bought a live scorpion until I was persuaded not to.

China's pretty cool, but don't use the toilets unless you're skilled or don't mind getting weird stains on your pants.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Honestly, they aren't too bad but I really hate when I'm trying to pee and there's like an old guy next to me, it feels so dang weird. Also, I try not to ever poop in a public restroom (not the nasty ones like a gas station, McDonalds, etc) unless it is absolutely impossible to hold longer. As with most of you guys, I think public restrooms are pretty gross, especially when there are little kids who can't help to pull up the toilet seat, but decide to pee all over them...

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

I usually don't mind, but when it's all over the wall, and the other wall, and the ceiling, and the floor, and the door says "I've seen you pee," I end up getting squeamish.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Honestly, they aren't too bad but I really hate when I'm trying to pee and there's like an old guy next to me, it feels so dang weird. Also, I try not to ever poop in a public restroom (not the nasty ones like a gas station, McDonalds, etc) unless it is absolutely impossible to hold longer. As with most of you guys, I think public restrooms are pretty gross, especially when there are little kids who can't help to pull up the toilet seat, but decide to pee all over them...

I know a guy who has a great story involving public restrooms and an old man.

It is interesting to say the least.

@Topic, I have no issue with public restrooms, but I will usually head to the urinal close to a wall (and standard code of 1 empty urinal between patrons), and I avoid actual toilets not because I feel the dirtiness, but because I fear I'll plug some random toilet.

~~~Darth Caedus

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I fear I'll plug some random toilet.

Better to clog a toilet that's not in your house than to clog one in your house.

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

Why do all threads concerning excretion become immediately popular?

Better to clog a toilet that's not in your house than to clog one in your house.

And, uh, no, it's actually really awkward having to go up to the manager of a restaurant and say "Hey, um, your, uh, toilet's really clogged up. You, um, might want to get that checked out."

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

And, uh, no, it's actually really awkward having to go up to the manager of a restaurant and say "Hey, um, your, uh, toilet's really clogged up. You, um, might want to get that checked out."

Or, y'know, be a jerk, let it be.
Just for the record I have not clogged a toilet that's not in my house.

And Matt it's up to when R2 posts it, I'm about done.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I once didn't have any toilet paper while in a public restroom.

Needless to say I left with one less sock that day.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

No one tells the manager that they clogged the toilet, that's certain death, not from the manager, but from embarrassment.

Why do all threads concerning excretion become immediately popular?

Agreed.

Needless to say I left with one less sock that day.

I'll never think of you the same way now rip, i'm scarred m8

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Water costs like nothing Jack. Wouldn't be worth going out of your way to to to a public restroom.
@daleks It does here.
Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

I don't know about other countries, but here in Greece, you're lucky if your sense of smell doesn't die. Also the floors are always wet (mostly in schools).

Showing 1-15 of 36