ForumsSupport ForumArmorgames violates Freedom of Speech

7 1485
twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

There is no other possible reason why they'd remove this post:
"I want to be with red. And have iron chariots. And defeat God as written in Judges 1.19."

• 7 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

It depends on where you posted it. ArmorGames allows you to speak so long as you're not posting random crap and trying not to start anything ugly. If you look at us, America. They virtually do the same thing, like how you're not allowed yelling 'bomb' in a plane if there's no bomb. Or yelling 'fire' when there is no fire.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

That's a very bold statement there @twillight2... would you care to elaborate a little as to where, how and when please?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@twillight2 despite our previous dispute about Theism and Atheism, I really don't understand what are you talking about. Where did you post this?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This may be beside the point, but freedom of speech only applies to the government censorship, not private entities such as Armor Games. Armor Games is not part of any branch of the US government.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

This may be beside the point, but freedom of speech only applies to the government censorship...

On the contrary - I think that is exactly the point. We aren't bound by any sort of free speech issues or rulings. Of course, we don't go around deleting post in an arbitrary manner or with some hidden agenda.

Without any context, the post itself could be considered inflammatory. Which means that it's considered trolling. So I stand behind the decision the moderator made to delete the post in question. And if it's something that was posted in the WEPR, I don't see it contributing to the dialogue in any way.

Though, if you'd like to provide some context or any form of argumentation for this claim, do feel free.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I found the comment. It's a game comment and contains an image with a sentence that has a word that would be censored if it was posted as a word and not an image, so that's why it was deleted.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Nice work, Gantic! So twilight is lucky in that he didn't receive a ban for the post, yet makes this thread to complain about its deletion.

I especially like the:

There is no other possible reason why they'd remove this post:

At any rate, this issue seems to be resolved so I see no need to keep the thread open any longer.
Showing 1-7 of 7