ForumsThe TavernMobile Apps

8 3526
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

There are a multitude of mobile apps on both Android and Apple devices these days. I see myself using apps more and more as time goes on. I used to use the browser for everything when on my phone but now I hardly use it at all. Instead I just look at my FB chats from the messenger app, go to Twitter from it's app, etc.

So what apps do you find yourself using on a daily basis? Are there apps on your phone that you have downloaded but you rarely use? Why do you use the app and not a browser equivalent if there is one? And finally, if AG made an app do you believe you would use it?

• 8 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I don't have a smart phone but I use a few apps for my Toshiba Thrive tablet.

I rooted my device so I can use my favorite firewall app (DroidWall).
I also use UC Browser because it's much faster than Firefox.
Tune-In for internet radio, 360 Security, Adblock Plus, UB Reader for my E books, ES File Explorer, WeatherBug, JetAudio Basic, BusyBox Free, CrossWords, Superuser, Titanium Backup, Terminal Emulator, Volume in Notification (very useful), Crop Wallpaper (doesn't work the way I would like), and Root Checker.

From this list I use Tune-In, UB Reader,Volume in Notification, WeatherBug, ES File Explorer, JetAudio Basic, UC Browser and Crosswords all the time.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I mostly use my tablet for recreation, since almost everything I need can be accessed via computer. So I'd end up listing a bunch of unimportant apps like Dextrix, Battle Cats, or a cheap drawing app.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I mostly use my tablet for recreation, since almost everything I need can be accessed via computer. So I'd end up listing a bunch of unimportant apps like Dextrix, Battle Cats, or a cheap drawing app.

My tablet is old and not very fast so I only use it in bed to relax before going to sleep, I'd never use it for gaming since my laptops are fast, I do everything else on them.

Can someone recommend a good Android wallpaper app?
All the apps I tried can't re-size a picture properly to use as a background.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I think the apps I hardly use now are pretty much the games. I only use Twitter, Facebook these days. Sometimes Instagram. I think that's pretty much it for third party apps.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I use the Facebook about but refuses to download the Messenger. I also just use the browser instead of the twitter app. Aside from that, I also have an AG tab open on my browser all the time.
Don't really use many apps much.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

@pickpocket The FB app is so bad though. Messenger is good though but the normal app is actually terrible. I just use the mobile site for it instead.

I find it interesting that you guys mostly use apps for games. Personally I really don't like mobile games at all. I get bored of them really fast. Only one I have had for a long period of time is Papi Jump.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Battle Cats

I thought I was the only one on ArmorGames that plays Battle Cats.

I don't own an iPod or anything like that, but I use my mom's iPad to play Battle Cats or check my yahoo email.

izumi26
izumi26
2 posts
Nomad

always using uc browser on my phone..it makes my surfing faster hehe..and i can open multiple sites at the same time

Showing 1-8 of 8