ForumsWEPRPredictions for the World Cup 2018

25 16983
Ronomic
Ronomic
8 posts
Nomad

So the 2018 FIFA World Cup Qatar!
Anyone have any predictions?

My personal prediction is Holland (Netherlands) against Germany.
Put your predictions/opinions below.

• 25 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i bet the final is going to be qatar vs brazil. or argentina.

qatar because they have payed to play the final. and brazil or argentina because they are more used to playing in the heat then any european country.

but.. uhmm.. good luck keeping this topic going for the next 3 year.. =P (i predict either twitter or facebook will be dead by then =P )

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@partydevil Hmm, take it easy on Qatar. Anyways, host countries get to play in the world cup whether they qualified or not. It's a rule, so it's a possibility that the host country could be in the finals, but that doesn't mean they had to bribe anyone for it.

Though, yes, it seems like a really long time before the world cup. I can't really say who I think is going to be in the finals as of now. I don't think anyone can.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Based on youth development and squads, I would say Germany and France, since they're the most well rounded. Grudge match.

I'll have a fiver on England, though as usual, I'm not expecting much.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Anyways, host countries get to play in the world cup whether they qualified or not. It's a rule, so it's a possibility that the host country could be in the finals, but that doesn't mean they had to bribe anyone for it.

Except that qatar has barely enough people who play soccer anyway... oke maybe they wont play the finals because that would be to obvious a case of bribery. but sure they will get past the group phase. and i have my doubts they are able to without money. look how long it toke SK to get past the group phase... no way a country that doesn't play soccer is able to do this...

France

france? =o since they are missing a few top players they cant keep up anymore. but 3 year is long. they have some time to train(import) some world class players. =)
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I'm banking on some of the young French players developing well

I think France might have a golden generation on their hands, maybe. Zouma, Varane, Mangala, Pogba, Schneiderlin, Griezmann, Lacazette, Grenier. The future looks potentially very bright for them, that's a good balance there!

And that's not counting the U-21s, and they have some real gems there as well! Can't wait to see them in action.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i never cared for france cause i dont really like the people. so i have no idea about their new generation.. (hell i dunno that about my own country even xD )
the only thing i know about frensh soccer is that the government is very easy with giving away a french passport when you play good enough to join their national team.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Well, the French right is causing up a stir now after Zlatan called France a "**** country" when the referee didn't give him a free kick.

WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Shepherd

Though, yes, it seems like a really long time before the world cup. I can't really say who I think is going to be in the finals as of no

Yes, many can change.

Based on youth development and squads, I would say Germany and France

Yes. Germany always strong, and it seams Frace has a golden generation. But you never know...

Paradoxymoron
Paradoxymoron
65 posts
Nomad

It's hard to look past the Germans after last year. Their squad was the perfect average age of around 26, that mix of youth and experience served them well. The French also have some very promising young players. Varane, Laporte and Pogba will be the spine of their team, those three have bags of potential.

What we really sholdbe talking about though is the disgraceful awarding of the tournament to Qatar in the first place. A winter world cup in itself is a joke. That it has been put together on the back of slave labourers working in appalling, lethal conditions makes it even worse. I for one won't be tuning in.

blodka
blodka
5 posts
Grand Duke

Ready to bet that the french will not be here :x We had a nice team in 98 ok...... since then.... Just forget about "Les Bleus".

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

It's REALLY difficult to predict the event without even knowning who will be in the World Cup

But, i'll make a preview for the final: Brazil VS Germany

Brazil because, since the world cup, Brazil have won all the 8 last games, and at those last 8 games, Brazil have scored a total of 18 goals, and have suffered only 2 goals.

Germany because they have a strong attack, a very strong defence, Germany won the last cup, and in the semifinal, they defeated Brazil by 7 : 1

Well, if that really happens, will be a tough game, and as a Brazilian, i will want Brazil to win.

hurk
hurk
3 posts
Farmer

my prediction is Netherlands Vs Germany or Argentina Vs Germany
(I support the Netherlands in the world cup)

Diesel21
Diesel21
10 posts
Nomad

I Support France since I was born there and also I learned french but its too earlier to predict...

I would either predict German , Argentina , Italy?

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

My personal prediction is Holland (Netherlands) against Germany.
Put your predictions/opinions below.

have you watched the Netherlands recently? they've been atrocious!
I personally think that germany will win, but i think Poland could be the dark horses
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

have you watched the Netherlands recently? they've been atrocious!

Smashed by Turkey, horrible game for them. Strikers are all aging, and their somewhat midfield is inexperienced. Even if RVP/Huntelaar/Robben have enough for one more WC campaign, and their talented young wingers develop properly they have a decent team, but not a great one that can win it.

I actually think England have a pretty decent and young team, but even their Golden Generation didn't make it...so who knows?

Showing 1-15 of 25