ForumsThe TavernAmerican high schools~

33 13384
Iwannaeatyou
Iwannaeatyou
10 posts
Nomad

Hey there.

So, I am gonna change locations, and I am quite nervous because I will be studying in America. I have some questions that I have to ask, so please if you can, then answer me. I promise I won't eat you.

So here are the questions....

1. Do you guys have Textbooks? Or you just write down the notes that your teacher gives you?

2. Do you guys have clubs? Like in Japan?

3. What are those lockers for? Where I am living, we don't have lockers.

4. What do you do if someone bullies you? Can you beat them up?

5. How do you guys study at home?

6. How do the tests and exams work there?

Please answer them. DDD

• 33 Replies
Iwannaeatyou
Iwannaeatyou
10 posts
Nomad

I didn't pick anything at all. In fact the form in which you select subjects hasn't come to me.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

You might want to ask someone in a position of authority about that, then...? Sorry, I can't really help much with that maybe.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

That may be something now, but backtrack a few years back and you'll see a difference. And I'm talking reeeeally South here, not like Columbia or anything near Central America, as that part is mostly influenced more by the North than by the South, culturally speaking.

Wait I don't think we are talking about the same thing here. The school I went to in the South was in Tennessee and I lived there six years ago. I don't follow what area of the country you're referring to.

If we look up "The origins of bullying" something accurate has to pop up, right? Right...?
Really though, it's the same concept as discrimination in general, a bunch of people didn't like something about someone/a group of people with X characteristic and decided to take it too far.
And then of course, we have the people who discriminate because they think that what the people around them do is cool, even if it's not, because some parts of society are just rotten to the core by now.

I meant why bullying was brought up in this thread.

Better safe than sorry I would say, but again, everyone has their way of dealing with things.

The way I see it, you can't treat every instance of bullying the same way. Each one is its own problem, and needs its own solution. I can't think of a way to prepare for everything that could happen, so it might just be easier to think positive and not worry about it unless a problem comes up.

I didn't pick anything at all. In fact the form in which you select subjects hasn't come to me.

Thats weird, yeah. You should probably talk to someone about that.
Showing 31-33 of 33