ForumsPopular MediaDon't know why they are hating avengers age of ultron

10 5473
akayabzaa
akayabzaa
1 posts
Nomad

I cannot believe the hate on this movie. It is a good movie. This is a popcorn flick. Complaints about not being real enough is crazy, because it is a sci-fi super hero movie.

With that said, I do agree it is not as good as the first, but not far off. The acting is fine, not exceptional. The story is fine for this style of movie, but the dialogue was not as good as the first Avengers.

The first Avengers movie was something I think just about anyone would have enjoyed. This one is more for those truly into this type of movie. You do not have to be a comic book fan to enjoy it.

For a sequel, it has done an impressive job. Standards are super high for this movie due to the success of the first one. If you go, just know it will be fast paced fun.

• 10 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsnLOrtd44k

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

From what I've learned from tumblr, it sucks because
-2 actors made a remark about widow being promiscuous which apparently has an impact on the movie
-a rape joke was made in the movie
-they didn't give the most boring character much screen time

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

-2 actors made a remark about widow being promiscuous which apparently has an impact on the movie

Oh come on!

-a rape joke was made in the movie

What was the line that was considered a rape joke Lol

Captain America?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Captain America?

I thought he had the most screen time....?

Anyways I don't think people are hating it really. Its got a 70-something on rotten tomatoes, so people like it, but it wasn't incredible.
I thought it was pretty good and I enjoyed it and stuff but it could have been better. I didn't really like Ultron much, thought he was too human for what Ultron is. Aside from that and a few other small complaints I thought it was pretty good.

Lysceed
Lysceed
15 posts
Nomad

Personally, I enjoyed it a lot more than the first film. The first film was good, but its humor was sort of drab after the first couple of watches.

*spoilers*
I liked the attention that they gave to pretty much all the characters, including Hawkeye. Joss Whedon is pretty good at that. I only had two problems with the film. The first was Thor's part of the story, which was apparently cut down a lot - I want to see the extended cut, because it felt like a lot was left out about that. The second was about Ultron's dream. I guess it was about being imprinted into an organic brain, but still, the idea of an AI being read like that... I don't know. I'll probably need to watch it again, because I forget why he even wanted the body in the first place (though I do think it's cool how they included Vision with that whole plotline). It also seemed like the twins joined the Avengers pretty quickly after that despite having a peculiar hatred for them. Despite thinking that the whole relationship thing that was going on between Romanoff and Banner, I thought it was actually pretty logical and was played well in the movie.

Granted, a lot did happen in this movie. I thought the climax had passed before the first hour was even over. That's why I'll probably be waiting for the extended cut before I watch it again.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I didn't really like Ultron much, thought he was too human for what Ultron is

I think this was simply due to how Ultron was originally comprised of the information of Jarvis, which was created to understand Iron Man's personality. This would be why the two of them spoke similarly.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

SPOILERS BELOW:

In my opinion, I'd like to give the movie some props for not sucking. To be honest, my expectations were incredibly low. Maybe that's why I thought the movie was so good. I'm not sure anymore.

But here's the only thing that didn't make sense to me in the movie:

Quicksilver's "death" (if he's even dead). You're telling me, that a character who can run faster than bullets, probably process images incredibly fast in his head, and can run across the city in less than mere seconds, was killed by a few bullets?

Lol.

Other than that the movie action scenes were fantastic. Now let's just wait for CinemaSins to find everything wrong with Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Elizabeth Olsen though.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

*There will probably be spoilers*

I just saw Avengers and I liked it. There were some, you know, problems here and there with some acting and there were some holes in the story(The whole thing with Ultron needing a human body to make him more powerful and then when the capsule with the body was taken away from him, Ultron didn't seem to care much. In fact it didn't seem he needed it at all. It just seems some cheap way to introduce Vision into the movie as a way to beat Ultron.) but otherwise it was a pretty enjoyable movie.

What was the line that was considered a rape joke Lol

I think it was the whole thing between Iron Man and War Machine when WM said he could "Hold his own" and then IM said "I'm not going to hold it for you."

I liked the attention that they gave to pretty much all the characters, including Hawkeye.

I was so glad when they did this instead of making him a zombie like the first movie did.

I'll probably need to watch it again, because I forget why he even wanted the body in the first place

I think it was either to make him powerful or to make him stick out when he starts the era for metal. Either way, it obviously didn't look like he needed it as he just went ahead and tried to drop Slovakia.

Quicksilver's "death"

Thank you! I was sure I wasn't the only one who saw this problem. I don't understand why he didn't just push Hawkeye and the kid out of the way, but of course the writers want the movie to have some kind of emotional impact.

So who's ready for Thanos to not be in Avengers 3?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I think it was the whole thing between Iron Man and War Machine when WM said he could "Hold his own" and then IM said "I'm not going to hold it for you."

Idk I didn't watch it yet
But from what I gathered it had to do with the girl (the aforementioned boring character)

s3GM2
s3GM2
6 posts
Shepherd

█▬█ █......
I liked the movie avengers age of ultron
myself i thought it was a good movie.
but i'm also a marvel fan :-)

Showing 1-10 of 10