ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[Closed][Official] Armor Games' Armatar Contest: WARRIOR!!!

183 79037
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8500/8253540719_7b89c6b013_b_d.jpg

Time for a new theme in the Armor Games' Armatar Contest! This time we're venturing to the world of fierless, heroic characters that live for the thrill of battle, never evading their enemy, but charging head-on!

Get ready to draw your version of a champion in battle! It's time for the...

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7750/16883790743_4526a88e53_b_d.jpg

As always, there are some rules and guidelines to follow, even when in battle... So, better make sure to check them below!

ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :

ne: All entries must be appropriate. They cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
The entry must be square and at least 512x512 pixels in dimension.
Your entry must scale down well to 100x100. So if it looks good in its larger form, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to the armatar size. Here are a few suggestions about this :
Sometimes keeping it simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So keep in mind what the Armatar size will be and check often how it looks when it is scaled down.
Remember to save a lot while you are making it! Better to delete 20 -in between made- save files later on, than ending up with a finished piece you don't like or an end result that is showing up blurred when scaled down...
If you are able to do vector, by all means! That can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are small in Armatar size, this is probably not a big issue.
All entries must be fitting to the current contest's theme. If a certain entry is debatable to whatever extend, a Mod or Admin will give the decisive and final ruling for submission.
An entry must be completely original. You cannot use entire (or even elements from) pieces of artwork made by someone else, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you! A Moderator can ask you to provide conclusive proof that the entry was created by you entirely and you are obligated to provide this when asked for.

Plagiarism will not only exclude your submission by means of disqualification, it will also exclude you from participation in any future contests AND will have further consequences!

CLOSING DATE OF THIS CONTEST :

The contest will remain open untill 06/30/2015!

WINNING SUBMISSIONS :

Every participant of an official edition of the Armor Games' Armatar Contest receives a well deserved Merit for submitting one -or more- entries to every separate edition held. This means a maximum of one Merit per participant, per edition.

Alongside this Merit for your participation, we now have a special non-game Quest to award for the winning submissions of the Armor Games' Armatar Contest!! This special Armatar Creator Quest will be bestowed upon the creators of the winning entries that were chosen for every contest held from now on. The winners will receive this Quest to show our appreciation for their outstanding work. Wear this Quest with pride!
Winners will be chosen after the edition is officially closed;
The winning entries are non-debatable, results are final;
The Armatar Creator Quest can only be awarded once per user. If a particular user wins another edition, they will not receive this Quest again, as Quests can not be achieved a second time;
As a special appreciation for their outstanding work, all the winners and their winning entries of every edition will be placed into the Armatar Creator Quest Winners Hall of Fame!

So, once more... grab your pencils or mouse or drawpad and show us your version of the fearless champion, the relentless ogre, the sneaky assassin, the strongest mecha build, or the noble knight! Any type of warrior is allowed, as long as it is a warrior!

As always, we're looking forward to seeing your awesome contributions and fantastic works of art! So have fun, be creative and amaze us! =)

• 183 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@HahiHa Looks brilliant! But the background could use a little scenery, maybe? Other than that I like it

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Nobody ... I can't win... ever again!

This should really become a thing. I've seen your art, so why not enter the armatar threads a bit more frequently, even without the prospect of winning? I'd love to have some more of your armatars available

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

@SirLegendary Thanks! I have to admire how you did the background and posture in your last entry! However I didn't want to edit too much. I was just playing around with the stylize options for the background when I discovered a cool way to change the background (see below), it even matched the left eye What do you think?

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y447/BlueFirTree/ArmatarContest/warriorarmatar2_512_zps0plssqud.jpg

And the small one:

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y447/BlueFirTree/ArmatarContest/warriorarmatar2_100_zpsh0jr2lhu.jpg

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@HahiHa To be honest... I like the first one better. The green background somehow matches the medeival knight figure better?

@Doombreed If there is enough demand for my work, I could talk to @Ferret about it. Do you know if there is even demand for them? And I have to be honest about my MO... I create stuff whenever I find the time for it, so there's not a steady flow of new ones if this were to happen... I'll think about it, ok?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Do you know if there is even demand for them?

No sadly I have no idea. It was more of a personal opinion, as the artwork I've seen from you on various art competition is very good!

However, even though I wouldn't know if there would be a demand for them, I have the feeling every regular of Armatar contests (and not only) will be delighted to see more of your work, let alone made available as armatars

I create stuff whenever I find the time for it, so there's not a steady flow of new ones if this were to happen...

I knew that was going to be a problem...I was just hoping. I still like the various pieces you upload, regardless of how irregural those uploads may be. Lack of time seems to be getting to everyone, the older we get huh?

Yes please think about it! Thanks

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I may have another one... just maybe @Doombreed...

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

So many entries! Uploading them now, if you guys can check and make sure I didn't miss any later tonight.

@akshobhya Not sure which one to upload, if you could help me with that. Or maybe @MrDayCee?

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Ferret, I am working on it.I Will upload mine soon, here.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@Ferret Glad to hear it! I can't wait to see some of them in use

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Well, now you do! TA-DA!

I am still testing them out...trying to see what fits best

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

But you lost your previous one.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Well, yes...But still, was worth it I grew bored of the old one anyway, I had it on for years...even if these years were during my period of inactivity

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Ha ha ha! From duckie to trooper! I feel that it suits me better.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Ferret Here's another one to add to the set!

Just as promised @Doombreed...

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3767/18872347355_7b3743d53d_o_d.png
"Orc Warrior" (512 x 512)

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3767/18872347355_86dc7fa7b8_t_d.jpg
"Orc Warrior" (100 x 100)

Hope y'all like it!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@MrDayCee Nice! It's added.

Showing 136-150 of 183