ForumsQuestsEarn to Die 2: Exodus Quests

52 34472
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

These are four Quests for Earn to Die 2: Exodus.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17753/media/icon/d071a14115048d2dd4ed4fc746d5197b.png?v=1434396850&vv=1434734799
Buggy Up
Complete the first level.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17753/media/icon/783d6e5ea77f679eccc309f261e02e66.png?v=1434397006&vv=1434734904
Carnastics
Do back flip.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17753/media/icon/c039ff1c3b9724e27653171299fe3183.png?v=1434396900&vv=1434734832
Pedal To The Medal
Reach the maximum on your speedometer.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17753/media/icon/d756c9af24f386f4aa625eb281d17055.png?v=1434396933&vv=1434734871
Dangerzone Highway
Complete the game in 50 days or less.
Hardness: Hard

• 52 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Erile It sounds like you may have a plugin or other feature on your browser that is messing with your save game data. Save game data is stored in cookies in the form of a .sol file, which can sometimes be deleted by a feature that is running in the background while operating your browser... could you please check if there's nothing running stealthly that is deleting your cookies please?

Also, the progress for the days you've been playing so far is not something you can keep track for this game; comparing to the bar underneath other game Quests which shows progress. This game relies on a continuous run that needs to be triggered once you complete the game before day 50 and can't be monitored and stored with a progress bar... it's a matter of programming choice.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

My DayCee,

I have played through Earn to Die 2: Exodus 8 times. Every time I play the game I play it non-stop until I complete the game. I have completed the game in 42 days on 5 of those times.

Therefore, possible deletion of cookies is irrelevant for two reasons. The first is that if my cookies were deleted, I would not be able to play past day 1 and I would not be able to finish the game. The second is that since cookie deletion (unless manually prompted) happens upon closure of the browser, which would make it impossible for me to play the game through from start to finish as I do. Further, I know very well that local save data is most often stored as cookies. I have never complained that my local save data is missing - I have only reported that while my local save data is intact, that quests are not activating as they should.

Plug-ins and add-ons are irrelevant as I do not have any. I only use plug-ins as necessary to play the game. I dislike apps and plug-ins and interact with them as little as possible.

Here is my minimum standard for reporting a broken quest:
1) I find that the quest is not working.
2) I see at least 10 people complain about it not working (through comment sections, on profiles, or in forum threads)
3) I test the game through multiple ArmorGames accounts on different computers through 3 different browsers.

In this instance, other people also complained about having to pay for the game to finish the quests and some people agreed with me when I pointed it out as a potential problem. Based upon that, based upon the pop-up window I originally got telling me to buy the app in order to access other levels and the rest of the game, and based upon the failure of the game to trigger quests when goals are reached, I assumed that this was the problem. If it is not the problem, then there is some other problem. I have not received any of the quests on any account, on any computer or on any browser. I am not the only one who has complained about them not activating.

Finally, you CAN track progress just fine in the game, but only at the start of each level. I was pointing out that there is no way to screencap completion of the first 3 levels as proof because the game boots you out of play mode the instant you complete those levels.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

It's going to be difficult to verify how at least 10 people have complained about these quests; on this forum (which would be the forum to mention quest problems, right?), you're (@Erile) the only one mentioning a problem, and a strange unlikely problem at that. To be fair to Armorgames, they can't be expected to monitor everyone's profile pages to see who might be complaining about this game too, and random complaints in non-related forums would be difficult to monitor as well.

I had Armorgames grant me a couple of manual quests, after I supplied screen shots and for games in which multiple people clearly were unable to get the quests, and I know I'm not the only one that has experienced this.

You are taking your personal experience and making sweeping generalizations about this game, about quests in general, and about Armorgames.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

bakkart, it is not difficult at all. Most people by far post their issues in the comments sections as opposed to the threads. I utilize the comments to help report problems to the threads.

Again, you are the one making sweeping accusations which are factually untrue. All of my statements are made based on observations from reading thousands of posts over years of time on the site.

No one was talking about manual quest rewards in this thread.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

@Erile

I'm sorry the quests aren't working for you, but I stand by my "accusation" about your over-generalizing how broken the quests are. No one else in this forum has mentioned anything like your statement:

I have completed the ArmorGames version twice, while logged in, after the quests were implemented. I have received zero credit for any of them.

However, over 7,000 people have completed the easy quest, and over 1,000 for the hard quest. That ratio seems very similar to many other games at Armorgames. Clearly, the quests are working for a significant number of people. So, again, you can say that lots of people are complaining about this game but they're not here, are they? Usually if people are concerned about a quest not working, they talk about it in the most related forum -- the game's quest forum. If they talk about it in other places, I still maintain that monitoring such conversations is difficult. Just going into the game's comments section for the past month (which is a laborious, mind-numbing effort), only two people have complained about quests not kicking in -- Erile and Laz10, at one comment each. Where else should we or Armorgames logically look? Based on how seemingly few people (two?) are talking about this, I still say you're overgeneralizing the quest issue for this game.

Regarding your comment about how no one is talking about manual quest rewards -- you're right. No one is doing so in this thread. However, you are in other forums making other generalizations about how Armorgames never awards quests manually, so I linked that idea up in my response. Sorry for being technically off-topic.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

bakkart,

Everything you said about my statements is false. The same is true about every post you have made in this thread as a response to me. Even the statement about the number of quest complaints on the comments in the last month was probably made up as it was completely wrong.

Since you continue to make fake statements about my posts, I will not be responding to you any further. I see no point in continuing to correct someone who behaves this way.

Again, for the record, not a single thing bakkart said about my posts was true. They are creating clutter that has massively thrown off-topic any of the concerns I raised, which have not been addressed. I hope to get back on topic again.

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

@Erile , @bakkart we have a chat function in AG

I know nobody use it; for a little fight you can chat ;-)

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Hi Mr Daycee,

I'm just wondering if you had a chance to read my above reply to you.

Thank you

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

@Erile tag him works better @MrDayCee :-)

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Hi Mr Daycee, I haven't heard back so I'm checking in.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Mr DayCee?

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Hey, Erile ... you'll want to try something different to get moderators' attention -- they're not going to be checking every forum for a generic comment like this ....

@MrDayCee, for example, would help.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

That's already been done and it didn't make a difference. I was just bumping the thread. I already posted on their page as well.

RlyehSurvivor
RlyehSurvivor
9 posts
Templar

Pedal To The Medal and Dangerzone Highway dont tags when i do it

i finish the game twice

any help?

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Pedal To The Medal and Dangerzone Highway dont tags when i do it