ForumsForum GamesKill the King RPG

81 22820
GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

KEEP IN MIND THAT ANYONE CAN DROP INTO THIS RPG AT ANY TIME. DON'T BE DISSUADED BY HOWEVER MANY PAGES IN WE ARE. THE MORE THE MERRIER!

Alright, so I like the idea of playing in an RPG, but I never have because I hate how complicated they are. Making a character sheet and all that always just seems like too much work to me...maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but just in case I'm not, I'm creating a simpler RPG where I, as the creator and narrator, have more control, and you, as the player, need only to worry about little things like combat and decision-making. I'd also like to make this unique (I think?) in that you have to learn many of the mechanics of the RPG on your own, so feel free to experiment with what you can do and how certain things work. Let's see how it goes, and feel free to provide feedback....

Darkness has descended across the land. In a stunning coup d'etat, a man named GhostOfNinja has seized the reins of power from the beloved, and now deceased, king. Since then, the feudal society has been turned on its head, with peasants, middle-class merchants, and even the lords of the various counties of the nation rendered helpless to the whims of the self-proclaimed god "GoN". Roll 1d4 and 1d20 to join the fray. You might also want to tell me your gender; I'll just take a wild guess if you don't.

-----------------------------------
REVEALED: Combat mechanics
Combat is turn-based, with the participant with the higher speed going first. Each turn, you attack for damage equal to your attack stat, which is subtracted from the defender's HP. Defending HP is equal to the defense stat. Each time a defender takes an attack, they roll a 1d4; a 4 dodges the attack completely, a 3 cushions the blow and halves the damage taken (rounded down), a 2 takes normal damage, and a 1 represents a critical hit, doubling the damage.

• 81 Replies
RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Sure miss what ya need?
3 in defense 1 speed

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

I need to publish an unfinished post whenever there's combat involved in order to roll the CPU die. So the update will usually come a couple minutes after the initial post in that case ^^

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

"I didn't like the result of this. But anyway, I'll wait till the leader wakes up and try and ride it."

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

(ok )
Sure miss what ya need?
3 in defense 1 speed

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Spend 1 on each stat.

"How do we compare to the king's troops in terms of most things?" And "What facilities do you have here?"

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

Alright guys, sorry about this but life is getting in the way of things at the moment. I don't envision having much free time in the foreseeable future; therefore, I'm going to have to stop presiding over this for a while. Someone else is welcome to take over for me, but if not, we can just let this die for a bit. I may try to revive it when I get some more time. Thanks for playing!

Showing 76-81 of 81