ForumsWEPRDonald Trump

47 29486
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

As many of you probably know, Donald Trump wants to become president. And, unfortunately, he's doing quite well. Which is worrying, because he's a vile, offensive psychopath. And that's something not even his supporters can dispute. But what really confuses me isn't why people are voting for him, it's why they think it'll benefit them.

I see a lot of people online saying "Donald Trump is gud businessy men, he fix Uhmerica now" and blithely assuming that his wealth will translate into economic success for the USA in general. The problem is... that's not really true. It's a pretty widely-accepted fact that treating people horribly is a fast-track to financial success.

Seeing the problem here? Is that really who you want in charge?

Apparently, it is for Trump's supporters. Why? Because they think it won't affect them. It's like assuming a burglar won't rob you because you picked everyone else's locks for him. It's narcissistic. And yes, this applies to the wall as well. Everyone seems to assume that the costs of the wall won't affect them, that it's going to be fine because Mexico will pay (lolno).

It's stupid. It's thinking that despite Trump's history of bankruptcies, screwing people over and the usual businessy sort of thing, he's going to do what he did for himself, only for America. He won't. He'll do what he did for himself, for himself again, only more so. Also, a wall? Really? Have you heard of "tunnels"?

This angry rant was brought to you by sleep deprivation.

• 47 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Some of his ideas are great like making the rich parasites pay their fair share of taxes for example.
He's one of those parasites, so no, he definitely has no intention of doing that unless he has his own personal loophole. I think the other plutocrats realize this, so it's essentially an attempt to bluff the masses.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Actually (HOPEFULLY) Trump v Sanders

hopefully, but hillary gets easy media attention. people already know her for decades and being the 1st woman still gives her extra votes from that side. =)
and i agree, that country of yours really need to make some changes if it want to keep up with the rest of the 1st world nations. but what i don't understand is that technically there is room for more parties... and since both existing parties are right winged. and the people are missing their choice... how hard can it be in "the land of opportunity" to break through with a 3rd party?
philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

i've noticed in my time that AG users seem to be exclusively left wing.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

i've noticed in my time that AG users seem to be exclusively left wing.

Not just that, they are also politically correct (which I hate about most users here on AG).

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

We are not exclusively left wing actually. I've met conservative/right wing members too.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Not just that, they are also politically correct (which I hate about most users here on AG).

Hmm...Wouldn't know about that. Though we did have some of these from time to time, healthy discussion is generally encouraged.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Hmm...Wouldn't know about that. Though we did have some of these from time to time, healthy discussion is generally encouraged.

If so, thank you for restoring my faith in humanity.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Actually, it depends on your perspective. Much of the left wing in the U.S. is markedly right wing to many European nations. This also relates to sampling bias, as we have almost no input from the less outspoken users. I would say that MattEmAngel, Jacen96, SportShark, TheAngelOfWar, blk2860 (if he ever comes back), MRWalker82, Ishtaron, and Darktroop07 are right-wing to varying degrees, whereas HahiHa, nichodemus, MageGrayWolf, partydevil, Zophia, 09philj, pangtongshu, thebluerabbit, Kasic (if he ever comes back), and GhostOfNinja are more left wing. As for the other regulars, it's hard to tell.

Not just that, they are also politically correct
Actually...
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

@FishPreferred, I do agree that many of the things I say and think are accepted as right wing. I do not however, view myself as a right-wing individual. For example, my opinions on marriage and relationships are not right wing, whereas my views on things like guns and personal liberties are very right wing. To be entirely honest I do not consider myself a right or left wing person but rather a sort of independent somewhere in between the two but not entirely related to either. Keep in mind that my family is very right wing but at the same time you should know that I don't like my family very much and some of the things that they believe I hate.

As for this cheesy ------- called Donald Trump; I would never vote for his behind. I know that all politicians are subhuman immoral low lives, but this guy... my God.

themoose24999
themoose24999
6 posts
Scribe

Don't be fooled by elections. The real men in power would not allow such things as elections to vote them out of power. All of this is just a farce. they dress them up and put them on TV and fill there bank accounts. They don't care who wins because witch ever candidate wins will do what they tell them to do or they'll get assassinated. This world is run by money and the federal reserve has all of it.... well most of it. and for those who don't know the FEDERAL RESERVE is run by a group of private owners. we don't know who they are or have any say in what they do. open your eyes men in power do not take risks, and they have become very good at manipulating the masses. they have divided the american people. Thus conquering us. Don't be left or right wing, because then you label yourself making it that much easier for them to rule you.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

They don't care who wins because witch ever candidate wins will do what they tell them to do or they'll get assassinated.
Oh, please. If the electoral college wants a figurehead, they're going to elect a figurehead. They don't need to have anyone killed to do it.

Don't be left or right wing, because then you label yourself making it that much easier for them to rule you.
There is no middle wing in a two-party system. It isn't enough to just tell people not to pick sides; you need to provide an alternative.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Don't be left or right wing, because then you label yourself making it that much easier for them to rule you.

There is no middle wing in a two-party system. It isn't enough to just tell people not to pick sides; you need to provide an alternative.

Not to mention that the people "in control" you mention would logically attempt to manipulate the "middle". Those that have not made their choice would obviously be far easier to sway. That's where "the masses" stand politically anyway.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

Trump vs. Hillary/Sanders will be a joke tbh. Either way America is ****ed. Janet Yellen is the one who wields the most power over the US economy anyway, and she's doing a really ****ty job at it. Don't be surprised when the economy crashes (again) in the next ten years and people cry for more bank regulation.

themoose24999
themoose24999
6 posts
Scribe

Oh, please. If the electoral college wants a figurehead, they're going to elect a figurehead. They don't need to have anyone killed to do it.

why do you think JFK was assassinated?

Not to mention that the people "in control" you mention would logically attempt to manipulate the "middle". Those that have not made their choice would obviously be far easier to sway. That's where "the masses" stand politically anyway.

The illusion of choice. There is no choice. we don't have a democracy. We are set up as a republic, but in reality we are an oligarchy.

Alternative to a complete corrupt government ruled by a few individuals? "The Alternative" is obvious

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

The illusion of choice. There is no choice. we don't have a democracy. We are set up as a republic, but in reality we are an oligarchy.

True, but still, the choice is in the mind. The anarchists who go marching outside the congress (for example) every day, even if non-violent would logically speaking not be the ones anyone would try to manipulate. The same is true (even to a lesser degree) for most far-left wing people.

On the contrary, right-wing people (again, in mindset) are already speaking for the system so...

Showing 16-30 of 47