Thanks for all your suggestions guys! I'd like to inform you the game design of S&S2 is pretty much done, and I'm glad to tell you that LOT of stuff you mentioned will be in the game
That doesn't include multiplayer, which is impossible for us to make right now.
Here is a short list of the game features:
- World map of the Neverseen to explore. Main path + other side quests locations.
- Town to build and upgrade. Cool NPC to discover and interact with. (Blacksmith, alchemist, in keeper, other weirdos...)
- More dynamic combat system (real time dodge, block, counter, critical, etc.)
- More interesting enemies: attack patterns, abilities and Epic Boss Fight!
- Deeper Hero customization (Male/Female, More skins, skills, abilities, equipment, stats, etc.)
- Evolution in Training mini game with more features to unlock as you progress, more missions, medals, etc.
- 6 Different weapons class to upgrade/equip/loot individually.
- Unique Armor system to collect and upgrade.
- Awesome art and animations improvement
- Pets to catch and rich ally system, they will help you in fights.
- Secrets hidden in the dark...
- TONS of other stuff we want to add if we have time
- 1,417 Replies
When you're fighting can have three alies and choose ablities
oh also make true and real boss
you should add dungeons and make the weapons much cheaper.lastly,you should add a multiplayer.
Maybe make infinity gameplay by restart the progress button. Made some interesting staff for that. Improve bonuses to skill level for example or making new armors swords and spells.
Leaderboard is a good reason to make a hero better and better again.
@Dwelven: About number; This is a bit tricky. I love clear scales too, but I can't possibly ask the player to grind on super long session to reach the next scales...
But chances could be calculated another way: by comparing hero's and enemy's stats. For example, the higher is the enemy's strength compared to your block stats, the lower are your chance to block. let's say he has 50 strength you have 25 block, you'd have like 10% chance to block. If you go train 5 min, you'll be at 65 block and you'll have 55% chance to block him. But those chances will decrease against the next enemy who will have even more strength, etc. That kind of design would help showing instant result, while not making you OP forever. That'd also allows me to create interactions between your stats and the enemy stats and special skills, bringing lots of different combat situation.
System: Lots of skills you mention could be fun to use, I wrote them down all. I love as much as you the idea of building your own hero from a larger pool of skill. BUT it's very hard to balance those things. Even the best devs struggle with that... And I wouldn't like to have a game where every one has understand the best way to go "Hey guys! take the skills 3, 4 and 5 to level 5, using that sword, that's the best config. Over." I guess that's a cons in your debate for more choice ^^ But as yourself, I'm not sure yet.
Thanks again to everyone for the amount of ideas sharing. That is very cool.
@Kittel Training could definitely use Milestone, yes. But I want to try and add even more detailed content into training. Like evolution and/or multiple training for each stats.
@lvsrs lots of good stuff in your input. I agree with most.
@YOLOpotato (awesome pseudo) this is a very cool narrative idea for a final boss.
@LordTerra986 duly noted!
@corver5 This is a good point but that would make the game too much full with classic idle farming mechanic.I'm aiming more for a nice RPG time.
I can't possibly answer every single posts, but I've read all of them very carefully and I tool lot of notes! Thank you
1) A storyline that would connect the lost children to the actual gaming, making it less "kill-to-pass" game and have some kind of a riddle in it.
2) I really liked the fact that it's not that hard to pass the game, but maybe add a hard/medium/easy?
3)make more hidden things and rare loot!
@AlecWasTaken Well, that's an input Very nice analysis of the game core systems. Here we go:
- More objectives for missions => Yes
- Exp curve: I made the curve this way because each player have different level of personal skill. A too much rewarding curve would make the experience long and frustrating for lowest skilled, and too fast for best players.
- Leaderboard => Yes
- Benchmark => Yes, it was the whole point of the arena and it's very smart of you to notice that too much money from Arena victory actually damages the concept of benchmark. Bravo.
- Titles and trophies => Yes
- Progression and story line through exploration => Yes.
- I'm a total noob at designing stories, but I might get help on that
- more way to train through different mini-game/activities => yes. I'm actually thinking about making more training for each stats, and to make the player buy them and upgrade them step by step. Multiple stats training like running is a super idea as well.
- brilliant idea for different part of the house = different bonus.
- I'm aiming for more customization regarding house building, including making each part of the house evolve individually (as you suggested), and adding some furniture (here again, with specific boost on each)
Haha, don't worry. I've already mention that I didn't want a game where you're locked into a build. I'm aiming for a "full included" experience but with different strategy/playstyle to adopt. I feel like Classes and Equipment are gonna be the most tricky part, as it will defined how the player will progress and evolve. Making that strategic, fun, balanced, engaging, and open to customization will be the main challenge of the development for sure. Just an example: if player decides to go for a walking tank using axe and casting fireballs. What's the point of the accuracy training? ^^ One solution would be to make all stats useful to all characters, but in different ways. But you see why it's tricky right.
Interesting point about streamline. There is a lot of fuss about loot system and craft, etc. And I want to add it myself, but not if that ruin the fluidity of the game, indeed. In any case I wish to add some kind of way to custom your build.
As the content would grow, the "collectible" secrets (like children) would grow as well. Same for the secrets and Easter eggs..
First, clovers were supposed to be traded at a special shop. But I fall in love with the silly randomness of the champ ^^ I think I'm gonna keep it this way. Same for the museum, as you suggested. Just will find way to improve it.
The points you made that aren't answered above, are for the most part, agreed.
Huge thanks for this amazing input.
@gadi22 I like the idea of having secrets like children which would be some clue for the storyline. Thanks!
make an app for it for mobile devices i will definitely bought it.
-Maybe some factions to join like Knights Guild, Assassins Guild for mounts, skills, talents and stat bonuses.
-Some in-game quests maybe (like saving somebody, killing thugs)
-Companions (Maybe children you raise, someone you helped through quests or pet)
-Upgradable weapons and armors
-Armor parts like shoulderpads, bracers)
-UNIQUE ARMOR AND WEAPONS (Please I want it)
-Mounts (Griffon please I WANT THAT)
-Shops to renovate for Gold Per Minute (Seriously museum does not make that much of money after you beat all 30 bosses)
-More bonuses for building
-Maybe some potions that adds some training bonuses for a short time.
-AND PLEEEAAASE make training a little bit more amusing and diffirent, because doing the same thing over and over and over again is BORING. Especially attack training.
-Harder training missions maybe
-Aura skills. Positive auras for you, your compainions and negative auras bosses!
I know I wanted sh*tloads of things but it'll be awesome if you add those
btw there's a problem in the game, where I am stuck on mission #4 in the critical training(7 perfect combo) because my correct hits resets the combo.
@gadi22 yes, normal hits reset the "perfect combo". You have to make 7 perfect in a row to get the mission.
@TheShrap Thanks for all the suggestions, lots of what you mentioned is already in the project's ideas box. About mounts, there probably won't be any because there is no real time traveling.
You must be logged in to post a reply!