ForumsGamesSwords&Souls II: Your ideas!

1403 328463
SoulGame
SoulGame
33 posts
Peasant

Thanks for all your suggestions guys! I'd like to inform you the game design of S&S2 is pretty much done, and I'm glad to tell you that LOT of stuff you mentioned will be in the game
That doesn't include multiplayer, which is impossible for us to make right now.
Here is a short list of the game features:
- World map of the Neverseen to explore. Main path + other side quests locations.
- Town to build and upgrade. Cool NPC to discover and interact with. (Blacksmith, alchemist, in keeper, other weirdos...)
- More dynamic combat system (real time dodge, block, counter, critical, etc.)
- More interesting enemies: attack patterns, abilities and Epic Boss Fight!
- Deeper Hero customization (Male/Female, More skins, skills, abilities, equipment, stats, etc.)
- Evolution in Training mini game with more features to unlock as you progress, more missions, medals, etc.
- 6 Different weapons class to upgrade/equip/loot individually.
- Unique Armor system to collect and upgrade.
- Awesome art and animations improvement
- Pets to catch and rich ally system, they will help you in fights.
- Secrets hidden in the dark...
- TONS of other stuff we want to add if we have time

• 1,403 Replies
Staticbog
Staticbog
4 posts
Peasant

Add classes

-Warrior upgraded to knight upgraded into warlord (Spec. melee Attack)

-Apprentice upgraded to magician upgraded to wizard (Spec. Magic Attack)

-Support upgraded to guard upgraded to paladin (Spec. Heal)

-Slave upgraded to shaman upgraded to pharaoh (Spec. Summon undead)

-Stone thrower upgraded to archer upgraded into archery master (Spec. 50% more chance of using archery)

-Creep Upgraded to reaper upgraded to dream weaver (Spec. Stats Drain)

And each would have the same weapons and armor but creep would only have scythes and bows and armor
and archer would only have bows daggers and chain mail

upon this update all saves will reset but you do not have to click update and there will be 5 more save files for both online and offline so that you can try all the classes

Thanks for reading

Leethrax10o9
Leethrax10o9
6 posts
Shepherd

Many of the ideas on here are really nice. Just remember to not overreach the project and end up failing. Try to keep the same lovable, simple touch as the first game.

I would appreciate it if there was more of a story line, since I don't really know why I'm fighting besides the house and the girl. Maybe romance, maybe adventure, maybe something to do with the hilarious and lovable lost children? Side battle/things would be nice too, to gain more experience and stuff before a boss battle and to explore the world.

Sometimes, the mushroom gives me more potions, which get wasted since you can only have 4 of each total. I fell like this is a bit of a waste, and would like to see a storage system, where you can put spare potions in storage, so they don't get wasted. Seriously, where is the closet space in the house we bought?

Different weapon styles and skills would be nice. However, I don't want them to be all completely exclusive and require tons of training. If you could train a little for everything and have different skills, that would be good. However, if there are too many weapons and skills, over time you begin to focus on how to make all of them unique, which ones to equip, and advantages of each little stat instead of the actual adventure. I don't want to be locked into a certain skill set and armor style. Helmets would be nice, but the head animation was great in this game, and I would be scared to obscure it.

A pet addition to the house, where they can help earn money or help training with sir scarecrow, (training part was awesome by the way) and maybe help during battles would be nice.

A part where you can slowly collect a little group of adventurers through the story would be really cute. This might solve some of the skill set problem, where you can have team entirely of magicians or archers but choose to diversify and explore the different benefits. Of course, this is more optional than the other stuff. I don't want it if there is no story or development of the rest of the team.

Don't do multiplayer. Overall, unless your game is insanely popular and constantly played, that will eventually start detracting when people start dropping out because they found other games or have testing coming up. If I came in 5 years from now, and played Swords and Souls like it was brand new, I could still love it and enjoy even if no one else remembers the game. However, if there is a multiplayer part and I'm the only active player, I would eventually move on because I would not get the extra benefits that other players had.

An increased world map would be nice. This would add a more immersive experience and more places to explore and see, as well as new achievements. Continents, ships, and places with new armors and abilties. Also, if you choose the small group option, you can get them from other continents.

Most of the basic game play style and art is really good already. There probably isn't much change needed there.

natancucick
natancucick
2 posts
Farmer

You could add like a multiplayer sistem or something ,chat rooms or even different storylines.

Staticbog
Staticbog
4 posts
Peasant

natancucick its spelled system

mrh12
mrh12
1 posts
Nomad

make the museum alot bigger with more stuff and more mushroom with the clover things

IntoTheSunderbans
IntoTheSunderbans
1 posts
Shepherd

Multiplayer would be Vary nice, raged primary weapons? and more to arena battles, and more house stuff.

Thanks!

Leethrax10o9
Leethrax10o9
6 posts
Shepherd

Oh! I forgot some stuff!

If! If! If! small group, maybe have them switch in and out by the player for strategics?

Please don't do assassin as a major skill path. That completely defeats the point of being an assassin if you actually have to fight multiple people in a row. Assassins are supposed to the kill the target quickly and quietly, with hopefully minimal recognition or physical violence. A good assassin shouldn't have to be seen whether or not he has a cloak, and wouldn't be trained for close combat and weapons training. If you have to fight, you've already failed and are expendable. Same with thieves, but instead of killing, stealing. Now, if there were side skills that related to assassins and thieves, like Sneaky and Treacherous from the first game, that would be fine, but don't make them a major skill set path.

Instead, I suggest a monk. Monks meditate a lot, which should help magic stats, they study plants and science, for healing and poison, and often train in hand-to hand combat. (Dodge/Buff with poison/close combat+staff)

Besides that, the basic Knight (Armor With stun/swords+shields) , Light Swordsman (Dodge/parry with Swords+swords) Forest Ranger (Dodge With poison/ranged+stabbing daggers), and Magician (Stat reductions/buffs with status effect/magic+staff) skill sets should work. Don't lock them down at the beginning, as that feels restrictive, and then the player regrets their choice when they see a single really nice, low level talent their character could have had if they had just chosen differently. Maybe have the skills blend into each other, an open tree system where you can branch out in everything?

I often like crafting, but over time it gets repetitive, with the player grinding an area again and again for that one ingredient. Just have different level armor from the shop. Also, maybe free color changes for the armor? That way, you get character customization without having to worry about this buff or that stat.

What is the deal with sir scarecrow? And where does he get all those apples? Story line side quests ideas!

Sorry if my posts are a bit long. Just got excited with all the ideas and advice. Thanks for reading!

natancucick
natancucick
2 posts
Farmer

You could add like a multiplayer sistem or something ,chat rooms or even different storylines,and in the archery training you could upgrade it cause some times the targets spawn inside others,and this destroys pefect combos,talking about the targets i think if you change the targets for apples,and the perfect ones for grapes or golden apples,and what if you could choose the style of your armor,long and close range weapons end shield,so you could just upgrade it! I forgot some things so i am reposting

SoulGame
SoulGame
33 posts
Peasant

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I'm taking notes as I read all of your comments. You made some really good inputs, I'm glad you're excited by the game

Zpall
Zpall
4 posts
Bard

Please add a "Pause/Break" Button. Sometimes it would be nice to have a break during the Survival mode...

starleex
starleex
1 posts
Peasant

Make an android game

Pawe___8164
Pawe___8164
3 posts
Shepherd

pvp, pvp armour (armour you only wear in pvp) like a shield that blocks 100, however decreases the chance of a block by maybe 5% or something? no ups without some downs, also, anybody knows where i can post ideas for future games? oh, and maybe crafting, mining for mateirals and stuff, for money and stuff, with different buffs (less poison damage, ect) andsome other ways of damaging over time, like burning, or freezing, it increases chance of blocking a 'frozen' person's attack.

darkitus
darkitus
1 posts
Constable

I don't know if any asked for this but
What do you think of adding a "Pause" button in the Survival?

TakenProfile
TakenProfile
2 posts
Nomad

I would like a pet system and a huge skill tree armor builiding/swords and mulitpler would fit prefectly!
and u could sell armor that u dont use anymore and armor/weps can get upgrade

obet876
obet876
2 posts
Shepherd

and also other game modes like the combination of rogue soul and this

Showing 106-120 of 1403