ForumsGamesSwords&Souls II: Your ideas!

1403 328416
SoulGame
SoulGame
33 posts
Peasant

Thanks for all your suggestions guys! I'd like to inform you the game design of S&S2 is pretty much done, and I'm glad to tell you that LOT of stuff you mentioned will be in the game
That doesn't include multiplayer, which is impossible for us to make right now.
Here is a short list of the game features:
- World map of the Neverseen to explore. Main path + other side quests locations.
- Town to build and upgrade. Cool NPC to discover and interact with. (Blacksmith, alchemist, in keeper, other weirdos...)
- More dynamic combat system (real time dodge, block, counter, critical, etc.)
- More interesting enemies: attack patterns, abilities and Epic Boss Fight!
- Deeper Hero customization (Male/Female, More skins, skills, abilities, equipment, stats, etc.)
- Evolution in Training mini game with more features to unlock as you progress, more missions, medals, etc.
- 6 Different weapons class to upgrade/equip/loot individually.
- Unique Armor system to collect and upgrade.
- Awesome art and animations improvement
- Pets to catch and rich ally system, they will help you in fights.
- Secrets hidden in the dark...
- TONS of other stuff we want to add if we have time

• 1,403 Replies
karassov
karassov
1 posts
Shepherd

New game +

m41ck2015
m41ck2015
1 posts
Blacksmith

More Spells!

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

Maybe you could make the strength and and stamina training combo trophies a bit easier.

Nat__
Nat__
2 posts
Jester

you win items in batlles:itens for cragting things

whats_up_D
whats_up_D
1 posts
Farmer

More towns and some forest boss and quests

vVFAHAD502Vv
vVFAHAD502Vv
1 posts
Nomad

more skills!!

theoland
theoland
1 posts
Farmer

Add helmet + Gloves + Magic power for the swords for example ice+fire+grass

thaiduongwhale
thaiduongwhale
1 posts
Bard

add pet )

seknight
seknight
1 posts
Blacksmith

more influence in battles like super critical hit and more things outside the arena like jobs and cities

punkdog
punkdog
1 posts
Peasant

As long as they don't pull an Ironhide Games act, and make it for Mac only, or some other such crap, then anything they put out for S&S:2 is ok by me.

Also, HEY DEVS!!! GREAT JOB!!

Nubsnubs
Nubsnubs
3 posts
Peasant

How about this... You can change the fruit on training. Buy them from the shop like 5% bonus to strength 10% bonus to agility i thought this would be a cool system for training to be a little faster

kakman8000
kakman8000
2 posts
Shepherd

less stat grinding

SoulGame
SoulGame
33 posts
Peasant

@Nubsnubs: I'm gonna use some idea like this to bring a bit more evolution into training. Like allowing you to upgrade the fruits/projectiles indeed.

@kakman8000: yes!

Ephandel
Ephandel
3 posts
Farmer

Hey Soulgame,

First off, I want to say that you have yet to create a game that I did not like. This game is no exception. There are a few developers out there, that every time I see they have posted a new game I get excited, and you my friend are one of those few.

That being said, what I love most about a game is when the story really pulls me in. I think number 1 would be more character development, like you do more of in Roque Soul 1 & 2. I felt I really had no idea, why this guy was fighting in the arena, what drove him, or who the random chick at the house I was building was lol. Some sweet game progress activated cut scenes would be killer.

Also, something outside the arena would be awesome, some type of free'ish roam where you can explore, farm, get mats, etc. Even if it was a randomly generated walkthrough instance that you could play through as many times as you want each time the "woods" you're walking through being slightly different with different drops and enemies - maybe with scaling of pve opponents as you lvl up. I could see this following the classic final fantasy battle mechanics - which would fall inside of what your currently have for arena - or just a simplified in field battle mechanic. This would allow for the expansion of crafting of potions, armor weapons etc. as well as the expansion of the shop, and the ability to sell items for money. Maybe even, the finding or rare or epic items.

I could also see the free roam section working like the map layout of Rouge soul with different instance that you can play through with difficulty growings at different locations - another reference to what I am thinking (Map instance wise, not necessarily the turn by turn game play) is Fire Emblem - specifically the tower lvls that increase in difficulty each time you play through them.

Another cool feature - would be something like estate management - so instead of just building a house - you could have fields, blacksmith, stables, alchemy, etc. which you could hire npcs to man to increase output of items - this would expand the idle game scope. and could work with char. development depending on what you invest your resources and manpower in - giving you improvements to armor - projectiles, along the lines of an Age of empires mechanic - Just simplified.

Pets would be cool - or mounts

I agree with what a lot of people have said about the training system. Going back to lvl 1 every time is annoying. It would be cool if you could hit bench marks - maybe the metal bench marks, and start from there - i know this would be a little hard to incorporate with the way it stacks exp now, but if you could figure out a way - it be great. maybe if you start from tier 2 - its a x4 time multiplier instead of 1 or something - idk there's got to be a way to scale it - so you can work at honing your skills at the higher lvls.

I would also encourage you to check out a game called "The Awakening" by rocklue, and possibly Sinjid, I feel they incorporate story development really well, and also have some sweet game mechanics you might be able to incorporate.

I'll probably add more later, Big Fan bro - keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Ephandel

Rufus765
Rufus765
1 posts
Farmer

Penguins. Just Penguins.

Showing 121-135 of 1403