ForumsForum GamesFlip to 10: Good Luck!

1450 52717
SirLegendary
offline
SirLegendary
16,525 posts
Duke

How to Play:

Objective:
- For the count to reach to ten.

Rules:
- When you post, flip a coin/s and count.
a. If previous post has heads, count up.
b. If previous post has a single coin with tails, restart the count.
example(1): (previous post flipped one coin and landed heads with a count of 6.)
when you post: start with 7. and then flip your coin/s.
example(2): (previous post flipped two coins and all landed heads with a count of 5.)
when you post: start with 7. and then flip your coin/s.
example(3): (previous post flipped three coins and all landed heads with a count of 3.)
when you post: start with 6. and then flip your coin/s.
example(4): (previous post flipped two coins but one was tails.)
when you post: Restart the count due to a tails. 1. then flip your coin/s.


- You can flip up to 3 coins. If just one coin is tails, restart. If 2 out of 2 coins are heads, +2 to the count. If 3 out of 3 coins are heads, +3 to the count.

tip: The more coins you add, the greater the risk of tails.

- If there is a successful count, notify me on my profile. The participants of the count will be added to the scoreboard.

- Count up depending on how many coins we're heads in the last post. NOTE: If just one coin is tails, restart.

Scoreboard

1. @Shoeminor @armorplayergc @Akshobhya @red303 @UnleashedUponMankind @wookie1196
2. @Shoeminor @armorplayergc @akshobhya @red303
3. @armorplayergc @screwthelag
4. @swarmlord2 @armorplayergc @doqck
5. @akshobhya @red303 @armorplayergc
6.
7.
8.
9.
10. (The participants in the 10th win will receive a reward. The reward is yet to be announced.)
---------------------------------------------------

UPDATED RULES.
- no back to back removed.
- more detailed example and rules.
11/18/2015

COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
  • 1,450 Replies
armorplayergc
offline
armorplayergc
16,442 posts
King

(4) it may take a while, or be very fast... Coin Flip = Heads

COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
riku_ullman
offline
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

Math wins! Why? I mean, like literally. If you use math, you can figure out that flipping 1 coin is better than flipping 3 coins (but only slightly). Here's how it works: If you flip 3 coins and 1 of them is tails, you restart, but if they are ALL heads, you add 3, etc. If you were wondering if the risk/reward of flipping 1 coin, 2 coins or 3 coins at the same time are all different, you're wrong. Sort of. Let me explain. If you flip 3 coins at the same time and you get Heads-Tails-Heads, you restart the count, right? But two of them were heads, and more importantly, the last one is a head. If I told you I flipped 3 coins and two of them were heads and one was tails, the probability of counting to 10 would be larger. Why? It's easier to explain if I changed the situation to tails-tails-heads. because the LAST coin was heads, that means that the probability of counting to 10 would be DOUBLE. Why? Because if those 3 coin flips were SEPARATE posts, the count would be 1, not 0. Now, let's get a situation where all 3 coins were tails. This situation would seem worse than 3 heads, and you're probably right. But the chances of getting 3 coins in ONE post is less than the probability of getting 3 heads from 3 random individual posts. In the first case, the chances of that happening are 1/8, but in the second the chances are 1/3. Because they're not in A ROW, the chance doesn't multiply by 2, but instead just adds up one by one. Back to the previous case: 3 tails. Easier to explain with 2 tails instead. The chances of you getting 2 tails is 1/4, just like 3 coins. So the chance that the next post will have 3 tails if 3 coins were flipped would be 1/2. Then 1/4. Then 1/8, and so on. That means the next post will have a lot smaller chance of getting tails, so in this case I would flip 2 coins. BUT ONLY IN THIS CASE. By the way, you SHOULD notice already that if there were 9 points, it's not a good idea to flip 3 coins. A VERY bad idea (and if I was in troll mode I would probably do that), because if you flipped 1 coin the chances of a [fresh start] win would be 1/1024 and 3 coins would be 1/4096. MUCH worse. BUT, this applies to the START as well. So ya. Now, back to the second case: 2 heads and 1 tails. In this case, using calculations presented 3 cases ago, this is basically the OPPOSITE of that case. Instead of the chances of tails lowering, the chances of HEADS lower. But here's the crazy part: in the 3 tails situation, the chances of tails lower BUT the chances of heads DOESN'T get higher. Here's an example: If the total percentage was 75% (25% heads, 50% tails) then that... well... we hit a fork in a road. This IS technically impossible to prove, but math proves it. Kind of. So, the first path: Probability of Probability. Second path: Average Probability. Path 1: if the spinner of chance hits the empty 25% section, it spins again: except this time, one of the probabilities increase 50%. To figure out which one, let's split up the empty 25% section into two 12.5% sections. One section will increase size based on if it hits the left empty section or the right one. But how do we figure out what probability goes to what grid? We have to use ANOTHER spinner. But then if you followed along this whole thing, if the spinner was once already spun before, well... we start all over again. UNLESS... Path 2: Average Probability: We average the probabilities out. No need for explanation. So, we've come all this was for one conclusion: How many coins should we flip? And the answer is ONE. Unless three tails were flipped before, and that WON'T happen if EVERYONE flipped just ONE coin. Thanks for coming this far, and well, I'm flipping one coin. Why? Because #MathWins! Also stated here: #MathWins! = Tails (P.S. Sorry for mixing the word "chance" and &quotrobability" up throughout this post. They're basically the same thing, anyway.)

COIN RESULTS
#MathWins!
Tails
riku_ullman
offline
riku_ullman
1,148 posts
Farmer

(I MEANT to say '5' at the top, but editing keeps saying "error forbidden". I'm sure double posting isn't allowed, but it's the system's fault! Also, as make up for doubleposting, I just want to tell you this is basically another tails chance for you (but not for me), meaning that the next post will most likely end up being Heads!)

armorplayergc
offline
armorplayergc
16,442 posts
King

ne: (1) YAY! MATH WINS! Coin Flip = Tails

COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
akshobhya
offline
akshobhya
5,064 posts
Justiciar
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
armorplayergc
offline
armorplayergc
16,442 posts
King

ne: (1) *bumps the bump* Coin Flip = Heads Coin Flip = Heads

COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
Coin Flip
Heads
Laspa
offline
Laspa
76 posts
King
COIN RESULTS
Not all
Heads
People
Tails
Are logical
Heads
akshobhya
offline
akshobhya
5,064 posts
Justiciar

1. You got the number wrong, @Laspa.
Coin Flip = Tails

COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
Laspa
offline
Laspa
76 posts
King

1 Yes, you are right. I writed 2 instead of 3 because there were 2 heads, so 2+0 and not 2+1.
Coin Flip = HeadsCoin Flip = Tails

COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
Coin Flip
Tails
SirLegendary
offline
SirLegendary
16,525 posts
Duke

let me help. Since I'm stopping by.

Coin Flip = Tails

COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
Swarmlord2
offline
Swarmlord2
2,080 posts
Marquis
COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
Coin Flip
Heads
Coin Flip
Heads
Laspa
offline
Laspa
76 posts
King

1 Break from automatic controls.
Coin Flip = TailsCoin Flip = Tails

COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Tails
Coin Flip
Tails
armorplayergc
offline
armorplayergc
16,442 posts
King

ne: (1) AH! COINS! STOP BEING MEAN! D: Coin Flip = Heads

COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
akshobhya
offline
akshobhya
5,064 posts
Justiciar

2. Then they will become median or mode?
Coin Flip = Heads

COIN RESULTS
Coin Flip
Heads
Laspa
offline
Laspa
76 posts
King

3 Good morning
No head = Tails

COIN RESULTS
No head
Tails
Showing 1111-1125 of 1450

We may use cookies to help customize your experience, including performing analytics and serving ads.
Learn More