ForumsNews and FeedbackSpontaneous Riddles! PRIZES!

57 31853
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

There's a blizzard going on here in Philadelphia... so I'm going to give away some AFG+ subscriptions

I'll probably do a few riddles for you. 1st 3 people to email me a correct answer will get free subs. 6 months for 1st, 3 months for 2nd, 1 month for 3rd. My email is tasselfoot@armorgames.com and make sure to title it Blizzard Day Riddles and include your Armor username! ALL CORRECT ANSWERS WILL BE NUMBERS. All of these riddles are original Tass creations.

1st riddle (posted at 11:20am EST 1/23/16):
"The path gets harder with each step. Perhaps you could get assistance from south of the border?"
nufmunecbnorsrthgenouussfyrwrmtiufscbpfclaidarasxk rruneclpwugsowsowcdbohfwcarplfscobiplo
ddkmdcnpisholwyhsaswiapohsuytnwhndifdfcyhcwmrsmaco ccmhdogtpfhsbwdyapcloosdebbmdifti
dppmkkkfdahtrywbnyddheaapggfsfardiuumifylgp
[EDIT: ignore any spaces / line breaks... the forums have done that, not me.]
Qnopsik is the first to solve correctly!

2nd riddle:
"Stopwatches are more than they appear in this digital age, so step to it."
:17
7:14
:47
:37
18:30
Yellowcat is the first to solve correctly!

3rd riddle:
"With each step, you get closer and closer to the truth."
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b145/Tasselfoot/Chessboard.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b145/Tasselfoot/Moves.jpg

4th riddle:
"For this step, be the ball."
{[DS7475PIM - (NYY1956HRvKCA + LAL99003PM)] / (SDCQB2005TD/INT)} / RH1971HBP
edwardsjohn8943 is the first to solve correctly!

5th riddle:
"You can count on numbers hiding as letters."
yfyojqbubtncgakxppsrsjecam
otmxehmoxuzegdvpxgewqmtype
lsuayenvjdynknzfggsanvvjhy
jelmenfyjwloflewceplqtpjvf
yfszxfdbgrwhcnkwsmvbqcnkex
apktafbtjkudyxeparqwxvgmib
hzubxkdvcnclyrwbyywuzkjojm
nesgleoevpitertdssmhulqire
szsyrbsvvdtjucavosskcgdlfn
ccacwtjygixuobdttwytwnpvhx
oogcyjifkievrrvrarrhgdwpmg
kypyisucyqwbsgoxctmvpstpah
Swarmlord2 is the first to solve!

• 57 Replies
Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

@bakkart nope... every riddle has its own set of prizes. Be a winner all over again!

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

We have our first solve on #5! Nice work Swarmlord2!

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Thank you.

Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

umm... hint?

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I'd like to but, with prizes available, Tasselfoot is the only one who can give hints. Otherwise, I may die. I can tell you that the answer is a number, but you already know that.

Ubaidillah1011
Ubaidillah1011
1 posts
Nomad

i dont know what must i do to solve it and i am not good in english

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

Knowledge of the English alphabet and the numbers 1-100 is just about all you need to know to solve puzzle #5. Do not need to have a solid grasp of the language.

As far as hints... I don't think I'm ready to give any yet. Maybe in another day or two.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

I've decided to post the answers to each of the riddles. Hope you enjoyed them!

#1: Use the Fibonacci sequence to pick the correct letters... they spell out "numerouno". The Fibonacci sequence gets longer with each step. Then, "South of the Border" is a term to reference Mexico, you convert the Spanish answer to English and get the answer: 1

#2: The clue references stopwatches and digital. This signifies a timer that uses 7 segments to flicker on/off to create a number (8 has all 7 sections on, 1 has 2 sections on on the right side, 2 has 5 sections, the top, upper right, middle horizontal, lower left, and bottom. etc). Add up the sections to each of the 5 times presented and you get 5 9 7 8 20. Convert those to their alphabet letters using A=1, B=2 and you get EIGHT. answer: 8

#3 This is actually pretty straight forward. The 2nd move (black) on turn 110 is bolded. That's the biggest clue to this puzzle. You can then either play the whole game out until you reach that move and see where the pieces are OR you can google the moves of that turn, and you'll find that it's from a famous chess game in the 1800s and a chess website will be happy to play the game for you, easily letting you see the piece positions at turn 110b. The letters under the 4 pieces are the answer, FIVE. answer: 5

#4: This is all about sports, although you don't actually need to know US sports to figure the answer out. The clues stand for Dave Schultz penalty minutes during the 1974-75 season, which is the most by any player in any season in NHL history. New York Yankees HRs vs the Kansas City Athletics in 1956, which wound up being hard for people to find. This is also a record, for most HR hit by 1 american league team vs another in a single season. Los Angeles Lakers 3 point shots made in the 1999-2000 season, which I think was a record when I made the puzzle in 2006. San Diego Charges Quarterback Touchdowns/Interceptions (Drew Brees). Ron Hunt Hit by Pitch in 1971, which is also a record. See the theme? Formula winds up as: (((472 - (48 + 344)) / (24/15)) / 50 = 1

#5: This is the one I made up recently. There are 26 letters in each line, so that was a clue. In each line there is at least 1 letter that is in its numerical position (an E in the 5th position, for example). When you find all of these, and narrow it down to only 1 per row, it spells out "sevenplustwo". Do what it says, and you get the answer = 9.

Hope you enjoyed!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Yup. I may not have solved anything of these but it was fun pondering over them

Can we expect new riddles sometime ?

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

@Doombreed perhaps... but likely not any time soon. I tend to work on them when bored and nothing else to do. Next time I do some riddles, I'll probably put a whole big puzzle together. Like, the 1st 4 riddles were from a bigger set... it had 6 riddles, and after you solved all 6, the answers to them all were used on a 7th riddle which, when solved, told you how/where to submit your answer.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I spent so long on them. I don't think that I could cope with having to solve a bunch of them to finish.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Tass, you mean like the Easter Egg Hunt contest, Sir?

Showing 46-57 of 57