ForumsThe TavernCan you survive without multimedia entertainment?

11 4944
mitkoto
mitkoto
9 posts
Nomad

Here is what I think - NO WAY! I cannot survive without being surrounded by PC, laptop, phone, TV, etc. If I go blind, definitely I will kill myself

• 11 Replies
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I would survive, and I would probably be much happier. If I was made to get off of this tech crap that we don't need, I'd find more constructive, meaningful things to do with my time.

Here is what I think - NO WAY! I cannot survive without being surrounded by PC, laptop, phone, TV, etc. If I go blind, definitely I will kill myself

Why? You don't know how to do anything except be a vegetable?
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'd probably be bored for awhile, but I'd eventually find something else to do. I would definitely survive.

Jtom2k
Jtom2k
43 posts
Nomad

I'm the same as @R2D21999 . I could survive, and I would be bored for a while. My life does have other things like work, school, girls etc.

mitkoto
mitkoto
9 posts
Nomad

SportShark - your words have no sense at all - You said:

---I would probably be much happier. If I was made to get off of this tech crap that we don't need, I'd find more constructive, meaningful things to do with my time.---

Strange for a person who have 2, 569 posts here...!
By the way I am not a vegetable - I have a well paid job, actually I am writing in my office right now! Don't offend othe people and RESPECT the others if you want fom them to respect YOU!
By the way I made this topic to make a research. Not to be attack!

God bless you, anyway!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Blind people can still use multimedia. You can still listen to the TV or the radio. Heck, there are even option for them to use computers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzffnbBex6c

In that sense, I consider there is a big difference between being blind and being cut off completely from multimedia.

To answer the question in the thread title, yes I could survive without multimedia. I use it regularly when I have the opportunity, that is certainly true. But on the occasions when I was temporarily cut off from most multimedia, I have felt no need of it nor experienced any signs of deprivation.

Justin1987
Justin1987
10 posts
Nomad

I recently broke my smart phone, haven't got a new one yet ... public transport just got VERY boring lollolol

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

When SHTF and electricity becomes luxury, i'll already be leading a surivor squad. Basicaly playing games in real life

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

SportShark - your words have no sense at all - You said:

---I would probably be much happier. If I was made to get off of this tech crap that we don't need, I'd find more constructive, meaningful things to do with my time.---

Strange for a person who have 2, 569 posts here...!

You have obviously not seen ANY of @SportShark 's picture posts. I mean his pictures alone show he's one of the more outdoorsy types here. Then you compare that to his posts in the 'interesting things I've done today' thread...

FireEagle77
FireEagle77
6 posts
Nomad

Yeah but it would be hard.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Alright, I'd like to point out that I don't believe that tech stuff is the bane of humanity that some of you might think that I think that it is. I just think that quite a lot of people spend waaaay to much time attached to their devices when they should break it up some.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'd be a little bored but I'd be riding my bike even more often, like 7 days/week, 12 hours/day.

Showing 1-11 of 11