ForumsNews and Feedback[Ideas] Armor Points?

129 52507
dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

the following discussion took place in count to 100 just after i made this post:

camy999: 11. I kinda wish that I'd participated more [when the AP system was around]. I only ever got to Gold Serf rank. Also I just realized that my profiles sixth birthday passed by without my notice

armorplayergc: ne::two12) another thing, besides joining AG earlier, I wish I had also bought Minecraft earlier, I only started in 2012, I wish I had started like 3 years earlier, then I could be better on it too

Chryosten: 13. My laziness when it came to gaming is why I only managed to reach Gold Knight. There was the contributing factor of constantly posting in FG.

SirLegendary: 14. Wish I could be here more often, I'm trying.

as far as i understand from this, it was more fun to be active on ag when there were armor points. would this be a reason for bringing them back?

• 129 Replies
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Okay then, Simple enough! And what about the idea of rewarding points for posts?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Likely it would never happen in a direct fashion. If we give points for 1000th post, people will find the quickest way to post to 1000. But indirectly, we may be able to reward activity.

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

um, what about mods rewarding good posts they stumble upon with some stars?

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@doqck I assume that they will be rewarded with merits. Like ferret said, posts will never be directly rewarded with stars.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

So, I finally got over 5000 stars! YAY!

Now we have yet another reason to celebrate aside from post and quest milestones

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

I must say I am surprised with "Star" addition! I do recall some of suggestions from past, similar or highly based on AP system with minor tweaks. Star addition mostly reminds me on reputation system, where game quests play the main role, but general activity is not ignored,on the contrary, merits, comments and posts can define a small but significant difference if this comes to live in form of leaderboards one day.

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

wait a second

I assume that they [stars] will be rewarded with merits.
  • to get more stars, u have to get more merits
  • to get more merits, u have to make high-quality posts
  • everyone will make high-quality comments/forum posts (or try to do so) as soon as they realize this

[excitement]YAY! THE STARS DON'T JUST INCREASE OVERALL ACTIVITY, THEY ALSO INCREASE THE QUALITY OF COMMENTS SECTIONS/FORUMS BY ENCOURAGING GOOD POSTS![/excitement]

on an unrelated point, it feels good to own the op of a thread with >1k views

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Looks like the value of some Quests will be updated soon. A @Boppins told me.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I believe you Ferret I got 60 more stars without earning a new quest

How about the rest of you? notice a change?

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

I have noticed quite a substantial leap for some members, and minor on myself (less than 30). Based on what I know , legendary (unattainable) quest got more value, correct me if I am wrong !

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

I didn't notice a change in my value of quests, but it would be hard to see, I got 6 quests only today

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

it seems i didn't win/lose a single star with the value update

*easy quests ftw*

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I think I shot up by about 2000 odd stars? Hmm.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I got up about a thousand. Hmm!

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I did not notice any change in mine.

Showing 91-105 of 129