ForumsQuestsTHE MOST WANTED III - complete overhaul

16 12925
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

THE MOST WANTED III represents the data gathered from "Official Suggestions, Ideas or Games you want Quests on?" which has been processed and presented in the following form:

Old members may remember previous versions, but this is a complete overhaul!

http://i.imgur.com/b49CjUW.png
http://i.imgur.com/Ogdafwr.png
http://i.imgur.com/UNo9Q55.png
http://i.imgur.com/EpH4mun.png
http://i.imgur.com/kjNlTQu.png
http://i.imgur.com/x2U2dVw.png
http://i.imgur.com/T8gfoGF.png

Let me explain what each color means:

-Green

Green marked fields are associated with games for which the Armor Games have obtained the quests! Note, that many of the games come in series (for example Strike Force Heroes) but that doesn't mean that all games from a series have quests!

If you are wondering, why some low-wanted games on the list have quests while some high-wanted don't , the answer is simple: Most of them got quests before we had a chance to ask for them!

There is also one parameter that influence on decision, and that one is "game rating" ! Game rating certainly does that , but it isn't the only parameter!

-Orange

Games marked orange , are certainly the games we desire the most , they are well known, but obtaining quests for them will not be so easy! For this purpose I will quote Tass:

Tass wrote:

Sonny series - I'll talk with Krin; He implemented quests for Sinjid, so if he has the time, I think we can make this happen for Sonny 2. Same with Flight.

Exit Path - It's possible... but don't hold your breath. This goes for all John games.

Raze / SFH - I'll lump these together, since they're basically the same game. SFH2 has quests... because of that, SFH1 and Raze 1/2 aren't high priority.

-Red

Inputs marked red will not receive quests due old Action Script code, Armor Games supports AS3 , while few of the listed games are being made in AS2. Other than that, some of the games are not available anymore!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not use this thread for posting about Games you want Quests on !!! Use appropriate thread Official Suggestions, Ideas or Games you want Quests on?!!!

For all the people wondering about does anyone cares about their inputs, I can only say:

Basically what this list proves is that Armor Games stuff does care about our wishes! It is without any doubt that once a game becomes highly wanted, person in charge for quests in AG has a green light to start looking for them, literally speaking!

So, keep on voting !

• 16 Replies
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

We are close to breach 1000 (game-quests) mark, hopefully very soon , but let's ask @Ferret , perhaps he can tell us when can we expect new set of quest !?!

It would be also nice if @Tasselfoot can provide us with some info about most wanted games for quests and their status!

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
802 posts
Chamberlain

Basically, any game high on that list that doesn't already have quests is not going to get them. For reasons quoted by me earlier and more. Alas. On the positive, Learn to Fly 3 is coming some time soon, and quests will come out along with the game's launch; they're all tested and ready to go.

As far as next game to get quests.... we have LtF3 ready, along with another game sequel that will be out soon and will launch with quests. Building Rush 2 is being worked on. And there are 1 or 2 other games being worked on as well. Hope that gets you guys excited, while still keeping some mystery

lexaxssj3
lexaxssj3
34 posts
Marquis

Really excited about this and ivanxxxx well done in gathering all that information and presenting it to us in such a nice and clear way.
Edit: I understand that green color means that the game has quests.So what does the orange, red and white color mean.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@lexaxssj3 Like the OP says, "Orange

Games marked orange , are certainly the games we desire the most , they are well known, but obtaining quests for them will not be so easy!" And as you can see, Tasselfoot already said that it is impossible for some of these games to get quests

Red means, like the OP says, that the game cannot get quests because they are coded in AS2 while AG supports the newer AS3

White are, I suppose, the games that do not have quests but can get them, though not many people have requested quests for those

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

Do not use this thread for posting about Games you want Quests on !!!

i gave two suggestions but apparently they're not on this list (don't worry, i'm not mad about it). can i repost them here?

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

We did got some of those on the list, like SFH 3 and Raze 3, but they didn't go well with players. However people still expect Sony 3 and LSDZ 2. I'm not sure should I even mention Siera 7, one of my and many others' favourite.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

If you are looking at games with images on the above list, I must add that Sonny 2 image does not refer only to Sonny 2 ,it represent both Sonny 1 and Sonny 2 , just like the GemCraft image does not represent only one , but entire series:

-GemCraft
-GemCraft Chapter 0
-GemCraft 2: Chasing Shadows
-GemCraft Labyrinth

Results are given as sum , basically!

If I had missed some entries , don't take me for bad , quantity of data was so vast that 1% should be considered as negligible error! However, feel free to post them again!

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

From my experience, if you made this an online spreadsheet, it would be easier for you to edit. There are some unmerged games like Battalion: Nemesis, doubled Disease Warrior: Rampage or games like Frozen Islands that have already got quests.
Anyway, great job.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@BalkanRenegades - The problem is that there were a couple very poorly thought out and programmed quests for both those games, which was what generated the backlash against them. Raze 3 especially the quest to 3 star levels was terrible because getting 3 stars on deathmatches and team eliminations required you to exploit the point system. It was perfectly possible to flawlessy win a match with zero deaths, more than twice the kills of anybody else, and still not get 3 stars. In many cases getting 3 stars required you to suicide yourself so you could kill more people for points.

One level in particular put you in a 1v1 against a computer. Going 5-0 didn't get you enough points. You had to use specific weapons and play in a counter-intuitive way just to try to get enough points for 3 star.

Strike Force Heroes 3 unfortunately did the same thing that Strike Force Heroes 2 did. Great game, but putting in a quest to complete stupidly unbalanced levels on the hardest difficulty was NOT well received. Putting in a quest that is nothing more than a test of how well you can exploit game mechanics is not a good quest.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

I think that without any doubt quest : Sushi Master for the game Sushi Cat-a-pult wins the title of the worst thought out and programmed quest ever !!!

You don't have any control, you can only count on luck, skill involved is rather funny to mention (It's just an illusion!), game is filled with bugs, you can't check your progress , you can't track progress, there isn't a basic in-game clock or any other indicator to show air-time , etc...

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

@Olinser Although, unfortunately, it was before I got an AG account, I managed to get 3 stars for everything in Raze 3. It certainly is difficult but not to the extent that it shouldn't be a quest. Personally I think that the quest to get all easy and hard levels in SFH2 is just as difficult, if not more so.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Swarmlord2 - I got 3 stars as well, but that doesn't eliminate the incredibly poor mechanics of the quest. Again, as I said, the worst offender was the 1v1 level. Flawlessly killing the enemy with zero deaths taken doesn't even come close to getting 3 star value. So you are required to basically play in a really dumb and less than efficient manner (i.e. by equipping a blunderbuss and jumping above him to guarantee head shots). The fact that dying multiple times in the course of doing this highly sub-optimal method of play gets you 3 stars while playing flawlessly does not is NOT a good thing.

That was my point. Requesting quests for popular games doesn't mean people will be happy with quests that are poorly thought out/require exploitation rather than skill at the game to achieve.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I see. That was a problem, but it is more of a game problem than the quest, although I suppose that the quest requiring use of a bad point in the game wasn't good.

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

@Olinser SFH 2 was fine for me, although it was a little bit too "futuristic". Raze 3 was also kinda nice but it doesn't have any conections to previous part. Quests for those two didn't have any problems, at least for me.

However SFH 3 was a total catastrophie, based on rating and user reviews. No story, strange graphics, codes that are not working, enemies with poorly made names and gameplay that always depends on ratio between yours and opponents' level, and on top of that lag and framerate issues. I had no words when I started playing the game.
I was supprised how someone could put quests on such a game, just to motivate a few to earn them.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Requesting quests for popular games doesn't mean people will be happy with quests
that are poorly thought out/require exploitation rather than skill at the game to achieve.

There is kind of potential problem here! Will take out an example:

Kingdom rush and Kingdom rush frontiers.

Quests for Kingdom rush are basically covering the entire game, while quests for Kingdom Rush Frontiers didn't even scratched the surface!

On of the reasons might be that Kingdom Rush was a mature game when they started making quests for it, so basically from a vast gaming experience they knew how to cover entire game with quests!However, there are few potentially great quests which were not included:

Imperial Saviour - Complete The Citadel with at least 3 surviving Imperial Guards.
Fearless - Call all waves early in a single mission.
Twin Rivers Angler - Catch a Fish.
Ovinophobia - Kill 10 or more Sheep with your hands!

On other hand quest for KR:F , are just copy/paste from achievements (don't get me wrong , it's the same case with KR) but there is a key difference. Achievements picked up and turned into quests for KR:F does not provide any challenge required for such a legend or even a TD type of game!

I mean c'mon , why there isn't:

SUPERSTAR - Earn 45 stars.

ETC.......

I hope you do realize on what I am aiming!

Or let me rephrase and compare it with Sonny 2 . It would be the same thing as not including the quest to beat Versu the Corruptor , if Sonny 2 were ever to had quests. Beating him isn't a problem, the problem is how to get there!

I am also wondering , why all quests have to be bound with in-game achievements ? I mean there's so much potential for unique kind of challenges in every game, it's a pretty shame that so many quests are basically collect X things , kill Y enemies .. etc...

Showing 1-15 of 16