ForumsGames[VOTING] CONTEST PALS: Post Your Hot Dog Recipes Here!

72 34380
DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

http://blog.armorgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/dora-sap-kick.png

Awwww yeah, it's about to get tasty up in here! Welcome to the official thread for The Adventure Pals hot dog contest! What's all this about? Well, the long and short of it is, to celebrate the launch of The Adventure Pals Kickstarter, we're holding a competition for people to come up with their most inventive, delicious, and ideally weird hot dog recipes for a chance to win both a copy of the upcoming game, and some sweet, sweet official swag. Everyone who participates will also earn a merit! You can learn more on the news post on the front page, but here's the basic details:

- To enter, post your most creative and tasty hot dog recipe here in this thread. Recipes should be original, and can be as zany as you want, but most be composed of actual, easy-to-find ingredients. (Sorry, no Lon-Lon hot dogs.)
- Submissions are open from July 29th to August 5th.
- One entry per person.
- From August 5th to August 19th, the community will vote on their favourite recipes.
- The top six recipes will be made and tasted by us, and the winners will be chosen accordingly!
- Grand prize is an official The Adventure Pals giraffe hat, plus a digital copy of the game on release.
- All five runners-up will receive a digital copy of the game on release as well, plus an official The Adventure Pals giraffe t-shirt!

Now get cooking so I can put all your recipes in my tummy, and may the hot-diggity-doggest win!

• 72 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Does it actually have to be edible? HAHA

DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

Well, @nichodemus, as the description states on the page, winners will be chosen by taste test, so chances are your Silly Putty and grave dirt dog won't stand a chance!

Wizardius
Wizardius
1 posts
Nomad

Peanut Butter and pickle hot dog :3 (PBnPD)

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Bacon wrapped, mayo and ketchup, and lime.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Hotdog with pineapple chunks, sweet mandarin oranges (Or tangerines), shredded cheddar.

Oh @DoraDoraBoBora can I check if merits will be given to all participants like the last contest? Would be much easier to advertise the contest to the chats that way.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Fried bacon, along with some french fries, slightly spicy mustard, pickles and chopped up onion(s) I am not a fan of tomatoes but if you want, you can put a sliced tomato in there too.

If anything seems inaccurate, @ notify me for any necessary clarifications.

DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

@nichodemus, yep, I mentioned it in the news post that we will be giving out merits to everyone who participates. I'll add it here. Thanks!

kevster888
kevster888
2 posts
Peasant

All beef hot dog, potato bun, Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbecue sauce on top, sweet onions around the sides, bacon bits, and a tiny bit of ketchup all around. Serve with steak fries that have fry seasoning on them.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

I call it Hot dog double power rocket mark 3!

Here is the secret recipe:
Main ingredients:

- 1 roll croissant
- 2 sausages
- yellow cheese
- lettuce

Extras:
- chilly pepper ketchup sauce
- curry sauce
- mushrooms in sour cream with sesame

How to make it:

You need to cut out roll croissant lengthwise into two identical halves , then place lettuce to cover whole area! Bake sausages , and once they are near done place yellow cheese on them! Let the yellow cheese melt a bit and remove it after!
Place mushrooms in sour cream with sesame on lettuce and then put sausages! Add chilly pepper ketchup sauce and curry sauce!
Wait for 3 minutes for all ingredients to mix up! Enjoy ! XD

huwbert2013
huwbert2013
239 posts
Bard

I used to enjoy just a plain hot dog with tomato sauce (ketchup) and whole pickled Jalapeno's
Nice and crunchy.
Chillies are not my friend anymore it happens when you get old and wizened.

Arko9699
Arko9699
17 posts
Bard

Ingredients:
1.Shepherd's Pie
2.Foccacia bread
3.Tabasco sauce
4.Jalapeno and chilles
5.Mayo
6.Cheese

Method:
Shepherd's Pie rolled as a sausage within Foccacia bread. Tabasco sauce and and Mayo is added as topping as well as Jalapenos and chilles (As according to taste and preference). Cheese is grated on the Hot Dog.It is baked for 2 mins.
Bon appétit!

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

The Mexican Dog

Standard hotdog bun
refried beans
tortilla chips
chorizo
mexican blend queso
sour cream
cilantro

Toast the inside of the bun golden brown, usually lightly oiling the pan helps
spread hot refried beans as a base
put in sliced chorizo that has been pan fried and tortilla chips, top with cheese
nuke the dog for a few seconds till the cheese melts
chop some cilantro and blend it with sour cream
top off the dog with the sour cream mix

bobfranklin42
bobfranklin42
1 posts
Nomad

Take one normal sausage, and cook it until charred. Dip in bowl of maple syrup, and place in bun. Next, soft boil an egg and pour it on top. To top it off, cover with melted cheese. I want one as well...

Cealon
Cealon
3 posts
Jester

I call it the "Liliana Express" named after yours truly and it's not as bad on calories as you'd think.

Get one fresh croissant and cut it in half. (you can add a small amount of syrup on the croissant but if you do, only a little bit, it musn't be too overpowering)
Next, gut the croissant by taking the dough in the middle out. And put a little bit of butter in the insides of the croissant ends to make the sausage feel more welcome and invited.
Now take a smoked sausage (no normal one) and put both ends of the croissant on both ends of the sausage. Now wrap in the middle (where there is no croissant) in baked bacon and put some sweet chilli sauce on the bacon. Enjoy!

armorgamer999999
armorgamer999999
5 posts
Jester

for me the frenchies :

-a small baguette of french bread

-a Strasbourg's sausage

-some goat cheese

-and a bit of honey

-(optional for the hardcores ones some snails)

Showing 1-15 of 72