ForumsForum GamesRealms of Alrathi (Fantasy RP)

23 12207
Ithradine
Ithradine
11 posts
Nomad

Story:
Alrathi was once a thriving world with a vast, diverse assortment of terrains and people who inhabited them. Peace often changed much like the seasons as Kingdoms rose and fell. Civilization across the entire land was but a fledgling when the first undead rose in the mystical kingdom of Altamea. Legend says that the old king, fearful of his own death, made a pact with a very powerful demon becoming the first Lich-King. Corrupted by the power bestowed upon him, he waged an endless war to supply his un-dead army.Kingdom after Kingdom fell under his terror, not even the mighty dragons could turn the tide. At last, as every race banded together in the last city of Ris-Volun waiting for this apocalypse to take them, a band of heroes emerged from the darkness. These heroes blessed by the gods bonded with ancient dragons to stem the inevitable. Their greatest champion, Cisna, sacrificed herself to end the Lich-King's life at his throne in Altamea. The demon that had been pulling the strings revealed himself at this time nearly wiping out the band of heroes. At their finals moments, the gods finally intervened banishing the demon into the void. A school was founded years later in honor of those heroes, training magic and the art of handling dragons to prospective youths. It was the intention of the founders that these students would one day save Alrathi from another apocalypse and defend her from evil. Instead of reclaiming their lost territory, the remaining people of Alrathi expanded their haven of Ris-Volun more and more as the outside word had turned harsh populated by monsters in their wake. A thousand years have past since the Lich-King's defeat, and in that time the races of Alrathi mustered the courage to form new Kingdoms driven by the over-population of Ris-Volun. However just as civilization is once again gaining a foot-hold, an old evil is waiting in the shadows as the kingdoms of Alrathi return to their old ways of war...

Kingdoms:
Ris-Volun
Caraxis
Voy
Selsta
Jarunn
Delsine
Dremore
Anserith
Roughan

Races:
Human
Elf
-Dark
-Light
Dwarf
Orc
Dragon
Draconian
Amali (Broad term for humanoid category of speices with animalistic traits)
Goblin
Giant
Vampyre
(More will come)

Gods & Goddesses:
Satelle
Arun
Ilyana
Croan
Thesia
Rosen
Volrund

You:
Name: (What you are identified by)
Race: (Any of those listed above or create you own, as long as I approve it)
Class: (Mage, Warrior, Rogue, it's all up to you)
Description: (What your character looks like)
History: (What made your character they way he/she is?)

The world will often change as we progress, feel free to list anything you would like to add. I hope we can have a fun time with this! If enough people demand it, I might be willing to add in RPG stats and combat.

• 23 Replies
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Audra
Race: Animal-kin
Class: Rogue
Description: Audra is of average height and weight. She has white wolf ears with gray tips. Her eyes are a dark amber. She has a white wolf tail that has a gray tip. She has slightly tanned skin. Her teeth and nails are sharpened to act as weapons in a pinch. She will wear a shirt and a pair of pants, or some armor, over a dress anyday.
History: Audra was orphaned at an young age but the wolves, that saw her parents as members of their pack, took her in. She only remember a few things about her parents, like their kindness. She also remembers the fact that her name means "storm of noble strangth". For a while she was the one who would make sure her pack got anything they needed and couldn't find in the wild. At sixteen, she joined the kingdom of Ris-Volun and learned what she could from their school. She is still trying to learn and help her pack but she knows that there is a chance that one day her pack might not see her as one of their own. This she fears cause it will be like losing her family all over again.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I might be interested, though I would like to ask two things:
- What exactly do you understand by animal-kin? Is it like in StormDragon's example above a person with certain animal traits, does it include shape-shifters, or anything else?
- If dragons are an available race, does that mean non-humanoid characters are possible, and what difference does that imply?

Ithradine
Ithradine
11 posts
Nomad

Animal-kin is a broad term for the variety of different species of human-like beings that have animal features. I will also give them the ability to shape-shift into the animal they represent. If your a wolf animal-kin (Should give a specific name then), you have have traits associated with wovles such as enhanced hearing and smelling.

Non-Humanoid races ARE possible and it will affect how the people of Alrathi perceive you greatly. Dragons, for instance, are revered as sacred beasts and bond with a certain person increasing both their power. Dragons will typically carve a large gave into a mountain for their home rather than build one like other Sentient races. There does exists a sub-species of dragons called drakes that do not possess their higher thought process making them a serious threat.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Thanks for the answer ^^ I will post a character sheet later.

Ithradine
Ithradine
11 posts
Nomad

StormDragon: You are travelling in the Emerald Forest beyond the walls of Ris-Volun, these thick woods have recently been home to bandits plaguing caravans moving goods between the kingdoms. Up until recently, they have been nothing more than a nuisance however as of late they have been growing more and more organized. With this, rumors of a illegal black market for dragon scales and bones have been reported even within Ris-Volun itself. Suddenly a sharp growl of pain rocks the entire forest just before a mini-quake shakes the ground underneath, you learned enough about dragons from studying at the school to know what they sounded like. Voices of men riddle your ears, these must be the poachers, however among them is the high-pitched snarl of a dragonling, a baby dragon "Subdue the big momma, This little thing is coming with us."

Ithradine
Ithradine
11 posts
Nomad

No problem, there is a lot that will be explained as we go along but I'm happy to answer any questions

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I want to try this as a giant, however I have no idea how old/big giants are supposed to be. I hope what I put in my character sheet makes sense to you, otherwise feel free to alter any info you want.
----------------------
Name: Folstag
Age: 100 (or whatever is the equivalent of 20-30 for giants)
Race: Frost Giant
Class: Battlemage
Description: About 3m high, sturdy build. Pale skin, long white hair, light blue eyes, grim countenance.
History: Following in his parent's footsteps, Folstag is training in the arts of the battlemage, improving his control over frost magic as well as his abilities in melee fight (with a preference for the war hammer and armor worn over mage robes). His clan travels the lands like nomads, favoring the mountainous regions over the cities, and so he spends his days wandering and training with his master.

Ithradine
Ithradine
11 posts
Nomad

I think 3m is a good height for Giants in this story and the age works as well. I'm going to say max lifespan is around 500 years.
----------------------
HahiHa: You belong to the frost giant clan Johrmung. The Johrmung are a culturally rich and proud people whose chief comes from an unbroken lineage dating back to the Johrmung Hero, Issimyr, whose sacrifice during War of Silence, the official name of the undead apocalypse, gave the Heroes of legend their chance. Her legend outside of your clan and dwindled to non-existence, as people often grow irrational upon hearing the blasphemy that a Frost Giant gave the heroes such a chance. At the momment, you are standing just outside the clan's current camp in the frozen Frost-Tear mountains a few days journey from Ris-Volun. You hear the soft-crunching of snow as your master, Thalkin, steps next to you and breaths the crisp air fully. A long, exasperated exhale thrusts from his chapped lips "The aura is strong here,it is rare to find an area so pure of essence." His wise, low-toned voice speaks out as he threads his fingers through his thick light blue beard wearing the same robe he wore when he took you as an apprentice "With a day so perfect, It would be a mistake to waste it." just from hearing him it was clear he had something in mind and knowing him, it had to do with training. "Today we are going to focus on channeling magic not just through your body, but from the very air around you." He stares are you with his one dark blue eye, the other white as the snow as a scar made sure.

Ithradine
Ithradine
11 posts
Nomad

If you ever want me to elaborate on anything or adjust my posts, just ask

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Description: About 3m high, sturdy build. Pale skin, long white hair, light blue eyes, grim countenance.
History: Following in his parent's footsteps, Folstag is training in the arts of the battlemage, improving his control over frost magic as well as his abilities in melee fight (with a preference for the war hammer and armor worn over mage robes). His clan travels the lands like nomads, favoring the mountainous regions over the cities, and so he spends his days wandering and training with his master.

"I am ready, master Thalkin", I reply looking back at him. 'Finally!', I think, excited. I have been anticipating this day for a while. Looking again at my surroundings, I can feel something different, though I cannot quite grasp it yet. I wonder how it must feel to my master's sharpened senses.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Description: Audra is of average height and weight. She has white wolf ears with gray tips. Her eyes are a dark amber. She has a white wolf tail that has a gray tip. She has slightly tanned skin. Her teeth and nails are sharpened to act as weapons in a pinch. She will wear a shirt and a pair of pants, or some armor, over a dress anyday.
History: Audra was orphaned at an young age but the wolves, that saw her parents as members of their pack, took her in. She only remember a few things about her parents, like their kindness. She also remembers the fact that her name means "storm of noble strangth". For a while she was the one who would make sure her pack got anything they needed and couldn't find in the wild. At sixteen, she joined the kingdom of Ris-Volun and learned what she could from their school. She is still trying to learn and help her pack but she knows that there is a chance that one day her pack might not see her as one of their own. This she fears cause it will be like losing her family all over again.

Hopefully the dragons won't see me as a foe. Audra thinks as she tries to get to a place where she can see her enemy but they can't see her. A part of her wanted to see if she could get some of her pack to help but that would require a howl and that could give away her posistion.

Ithradine
Ithradine
11 posts
Nomad

I want to apologize firstly for the long wait. I was sick and had a terrible headache. From now on, I plan on letting you know if something prevents me from responding.
----------------------------
Hahiha: Thalkin lips curve into a small grin, as if he can sense your enthusiasm "I do hope so young one." he takes a few steps forward before turning to face you completely "I have chosen this place specifically for this lesson. This place is rife with ice magic and does not have the lingerings of any dark forces, so it will be safe.""The first step towards using the magic around you is to first be aware it is there. Often we miss the signs however I'm sure you feel a small tingling sensation in your arms, correct?" he peers at you quizzically. The aura around the two of you seems to only grow, as if it were tempting you to reach out and seize it. Bursts of wind kick up snow into the air "You must relax your body and mind, there and be no doubts in your mind or the spirits of the mountain shall not lend you their power. Once you have emptied your mind, focus on the aspects of the land around you. The howling of the wind, the frost nipping at your fingers, and the crisp, clean scent." he instructs

StormDragon: The trees in this forest are know for their thick trunks, so they are able to cover your advance easily. It would also serve as an explanation as to why these group of bandits were able to conceal the ballistas you now see. The adult dragon, a beautiful silver-color with smooth leathery skin, is heavily wounded standing between the bandits. Suddenly you notice the 'little thing', it is a very young dragon, not much larger than yourself, positioned behind the adult dragon. Your knowledge from the school allows you to identify the large dragon as a female, so that must mean that is her child. Ballista bolts protrude from her front leg, the right side of her chest, and one seemed to tear through her wing. How the managed to do such damage to this mighty dragon is unclear as there were few things sharp enough to penetrate their hides so cleanly. The bright blue eyes of the mother dragon subtlety glance over at you, in that brief moment where your eyes connected she seemed to be pleading for help. A voice enters your mind, coming from nowhere and everywhere "I do not know who you are but I beseech you, rescue my child while I still draw breath." the voice was very melancholic. The bandits try to maneuver around the mother dragon but she is still quick enough to catch them with a quick swipe, ripping open their armor. The bandit leader seems amused, on a high horse most likely because they brought down this fine specimen "Oh so she is going to be difficult then? Boys, load another round. Let's see if Dragon's can scream." the rough voice calmly asserts, a sinister smile spreading across his lips

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Audra carefully trys to get around to the dracling, beleaving that its mother will let her suceed where the bandits had failed. Then again, she also beleaved that the voice she heard had come from the beautifull adult. If she could get away with the dracling, then she would howl for her pack. Asking for their protection and for them to take out some of the bandits. A part of her thought about heading back to Ris-Volun and getting a healer but that would have to happen after she attempted to do what she had been asked to do.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I give a last look at my surroundings before I close my eyes, getting down into a comfortable sitting position. I identify and push away all the thoughts in my mind, clearing it gradually. I then focus on my senses, the sounds of the mountain I now hear more clearly, the chilly wind I feel on my face and arms, the snowy ground below me. I also try to grasp this feeling I already vaguely felt before.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Rashevt
Race: Dragon
Class: Electric Mage
Description: White and smooth scaled dragon, with elegant wings. Some of its' skin/fur is light blue electric. It's around 1.5 the size of an average human, but since it doesn't stand straight up, it looks as tall as a normal adult human. It doesn't show its' teeth when it opens its mouth, and it's not really that large. It's face looks young. The eyes are Cyan colored. It can stand on two feet, but 95% of the time you will see it in the air.
History: A well human-raised dragon. It often helps as much as it could, and isn't one to cause trouble often. It has lived with humans since birth, and not being raised to be an ordered pet helps. It has received battle training, and is living a fine life in Ris-Volun. It has only met a handful of other dragons, but they leave a bad impression on it about other dragons. It has experience fending off attacking creatures a handful of times.

Showing 1-15 of 23