ForumsQuestsForgotten Hill: Puppeteer Quests

22 16064
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Are you a true Master of Puppets? Can you pull the right strings that award these Quests for Forgotten Hill: Puppeteer?

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/18054/media/icon/96013fb8defaa701c7b8cb4d7b72362b.png?v=1473962487
Behind The Scenes
Solve The Puppet Puzzle And Discover What's Behind.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/18054/media/icon/212be7b204710dd838075bbf2716d7c6.png?v=1473962465
Good Fiance
Find Your Girlfriend And See What Happened To Her.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/18054/media/icon/2bcb30f3bd9833a481f25cfb60d23d87.png?v=1473962478
Out At Last!
Escape The Pupper Theater
Hardness: Hard

• 22 Replies
Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@MrDayCee - quests appear to be broken. I beat this game quite a while ago, nothing, I see no quest in KatPryde's profile 3 hours after a post that they didn't get quests, and I see a couple comments in the game screen itself that quests are broken.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Just to confirm that the quests aren't working. Completed the game ... no quests.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
795 posts
Chamberlain

I fixed the issue and they should now work properly. Apologies. The "game complete" should award after hitting "Continue" if you're beaten the game... but the other 2 may require you to restart and re-reach their segments of the game.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

No...Not another horror game with quests! o.O

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Thank you @Tasselfoot!

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

3/3. Got all three at their respective triggers (Out At Last! after continuing the previous game). Replayed it in ~8mins.

No...Not another horror game with quests! o.O

This one isn't really so horror-y. Except for a few quasi-jumpscare puppets and maybe unnecesarily much blood. :P

Also, does the music remind anyone else of K.O.L.M.?
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

This one isn't really so horror-y. Except for a few quasi-jumpscare puppets and maybe unnecesarily much blood. :P

Just so I can compare, what would you consider actually horror-y @helpo1 ? AG games speaking xD

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

I would argue that this game is true horror in many ways. Not necessarily "scary," but with 1) the various organs to feed to the "Mr. Creosote" puppet, 2) the blood in the sink, 3) the flitting shadows across the screen, 4) the bizarre clothing and accessories in pictures, 5) the puppetizing of people, 6) the vending machine heart, 7) the girlfriend's situation, 8) the mother's final plea, 9) your ultimate situation, and 10) many other little details I don't want to spoil, it is full of horror that Edgar Allan Poe ... or at least American Horror Story ... would be proud of.

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

Deeperest Sleeps are way scarier. Or even Don't Escape 3.

EDIT: Yes, Poe is a better way to describe it. Even though it's not quite Poe - and the beauty of Poe lies usually in characters' thoughts, which you don't get a lot in here.

To put it otherwise, I first finished this game ~20hrs ago, home alone. Recalculate that for my timezone.

EDIT#2: As for the organs, is there a logical explanation for the fact that he doesn't accept the heart? (Not talking about game-breakingness, as that could be taken care of.)

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

well, I have finished Don't Escape 3. Was a bit scary but nothing I could not handle. Nice then, I may try this one

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Restarted the game. Would have been nice to not to replay it to get the quests, but at least on the second run (if the third "hard" quest activated like it did for me), you don't have to deal with that left door shape puzzle.

All three quests done.

-- Horror or Not Horror -- I guess that's my point: "scary" does not necessarily mean horror, or vice versa.

-- Poe -- Agreed.

-- Heart or No Heart -- Don't know. Doesn't make sense as it is (he's not a picky eater), unless it would remind him too much of his lack of one? The only poster that didn't seem connected (to me at least) was the three colored skeletons in the dining room. Maybe the organs are related to that somehow?

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

I found the Left Door Puzzle actually much easier once you know what exactly you have to do. I finished it under a minute on my second run. It's definitely the most annoying puzzle in the game, though; finding out I had mistaken VII and III (IIRC) got a growl out of me.

Well, The Tell-Tale Heart is silent about this one.

The skeletons are for the dressing/costume room puzzle, aren't they?

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Again, I think we're just working with different definitions of "horror." I think horror is when things just are so wrong it becomes ... well, horrible. Stephen King's definition: "the unnatural, spiders the size of bears, the dead waking up and walking around, it's when the lights go out and something with claws grabs you by the arm." (Gross-Out and Terror are his other two categories.)

Anyway.

Thanks for the clarification on the skeleton poster -- never made that connection.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Grabbed the quests! Yay!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

*SPOILER ALERT*

The only 2 puzzles I couldn't figure out without some sort of hint were the 3x3 blood - skeleton puzzle next to the wardrobe coats (saw the shape, couldn't hit the squares in the correct order to make that shape -_-) and the (semi-puzzle) dog and broom down in the basement. Took me a while to figure that out, due to the lag that at times caused the dog to growl (restarting all over again) or me to have to click an extra time or two. The toughest part of this was finding out how it works (exactly due to the aforementioned lag).

Also, a question: Anybody understood WHY the round board with the 3 pointers (square - circle - triangle) is solved the way it is solved? I mean, I noticed from the picture that the Triangle pointer has to be pointing upwards and from the shape next to the girlfriend that the circle pointer has to point left. But other than that, I could not figure out where the square pointer was supposed to point, so I just started turning it until I hit the right spot. So, I am not sure if that's what the devs meant for that puzzle or if there is some hint as to where the square pointer should point, a hint that I missed...

*SPOILERS END HERE*

Anyway, done with the game, if anyone needs help.

Showing 1-15 of 22