The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesPopular Game Designation

2 3296
bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Just curious ... the "Popular Games" listed in the bar to the right include a Star Trek game rated at 60 and with only 250K plays. There are a couple of other games that don't seem as highly rated or played as many others are.

So ... what goes into a game making into this popular list?

• 2 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

As far as I know, the admins choose what games go in that section, in which case "Featured Games" would be more accurate than "Popular Games".

what goes into a game making into this popular list?

If the admins choose what goes on the list, they could be using it to feature games they think would make them money, assuming they get a portion of the money from MMO purchases. That would explain why 7 of the 8 games on the list are MMO's, though I don't see how AG would make much money from featuring a game with less than 300K plays and a rating as low as 60. The admins also recently took The Last Stand - Dead Zone and Dawn of the Dragons off the list despite both of them having over 40M plays and ratings of 96 and 87 respectively.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

That's what sparked my question -- those games definitely are more popular than what they were replaced with.

Showing 1-2 of 2