ForumsThe TavernDo women enjoy childbirth?

10 5626
SpaceDecoy
SpaceDecoy
8 posts
Peasant

Just want to know if women enjoy child birth

• 10 Replies
mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

You're really asking, huh?
I think it must be painful.

You know, in ancient scandinavian myths two types of people were believed to go go to Valhalla: warriors who died in battle and women who died during childbirth. That tells something, doesn't it?

But the sight of new life produced by you and the love towards this little creature and all the world in general that you experience afterwards must be worth it.
Like victory in battle.

Friends, @Last4Skull, @Saiyoku, @Eldunari, @Doombreed, what do you think about it?

There must be someone on AG who gave birth to someone, right? XD

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

You don't know the amount of pain that women have to sustain when bringing a child. A group of scientists researched could men endure the childbirth by giving them electric shocks, which simulate muscle spasms similar to ones that women have during the childbirth. None of them did well.
But, although painful, bringing a new life is something extraordinary, most beautiful feeling you can have.

Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

tagging @Eldunari17 because Denis got her username wrong.

I broke out laughing when I saw the title of this topic. It's just a really weird question.
I don't really know how it feels like, but, I'm sure it varies on what kind of mom is giving birth, what kind of baby's coming. But mothers overall usually do say that they'd do it again. I don't think the ones who wouldn't do it again survived.

SpaceDecoy
SpaceDecoy
8 posts
Peasant

What if we made games like this? The girls would like MMO games about child birth

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

@SpaceDecoy What would player do in it? Would the player be a doctor or a pregnant woman giving a birth? Sounds like an interesting concept for a game. Seriously.

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

@Saiyoku x'D You made me laugh (I was like *.* What the ? x'D)
@mamibo here's your answer buddy (your was a good one by the way )

Personnaly I think like all new things it's something who can really be creepy for the first time for a woman, even a man can stress a lot and that kind of thing x'D (I remember my brother who said that he was taking weight in the same time as his wife because he was really stressed by the happening.

What I know about suffering, it's than sometimes it's worth it, you can change in better or things like that, What who can be most worth it to suffer than creating a new life ? It's sure really painful.. But in the end you get a really nice gift, a little bunch of joy in the life

As Saiyoku said many of the women's which have a child do another one, So I think by the times the process is probably less and less creepy But the magic stay the same ^^

@SpaceDecoy An Mmo about Child birth :x A bit weird ? what would be the concept ? You know how baby appears isn't it.. ?

How you can put that in a game x'D ? Furthermore it's a bit sexist I think.. Girls probably don't want to be reduced as birthing machine :s (they can fight against huge monster too x'D)

There plenty ways of games like that on cellphone, how you would adapt them in a online version (if I understand it correctly like a massive player online game) ?

I would probably like to read your point of view about it x'D

Eldunari17
Eldunari17
1,229 posts
Scribe

What do women think about childbirth? Hmmm, good question.

For me, I can't say that I know what it feels like, nor do want to spend my time imagining. However, whenever I asked the question "What is the most painful thing that you have ever experienced?" (Good conversation starter, for the record ), almost all the women questioned replied with:"childbirth."
I guess that could be because they have never broken a bone or experienced anything else of a significant enough pain level, so they have nothing to compare childbirth to, but the experience clearly stands out from anything else in their lives. And after all, that isn't just because of the pain.

The different stages of childbirth should be taken into account though too. The hours of labour and the contractions, not just the actual giving-birth part vary in degrees of pain and how long that pain lasts. For example, the contractions occur from the beginning of labour until the child is born - labour lasts approximately between 8 to 14 hours, although for some women it can last as long as nineteen or as little as three - and gradually build in strength and length over time.

However painful childbirth is, once it's over, it's over. The next step is getting used to your new life as a parent. Your child, this helpless, tiny being, is utterly dependent on you. Whether or not the actual childbirth was enjoyed as such (or rather the fact it was just hell) is soon forgotten with all the responsibilities that come with being a parent. And if the experience was really that hideously painful, mothers probably wouldn't have more than one child.

As it has been mentioned previously, childbirth isn't the same for every woman. It depends on the mother, on the baby, on any painkillers or methods used to try and dull the pain or make the process easier. But at the end of the day, new life is being brought into the world and that is indeed a beautiful and wondrous thing.

Girls probably don't want to be reduced as birthing machine :s (they can fight against huge monster too x'D)

@Last4Skull ya lil beauty

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

almost all the women questioned replied with:"childbirth."
I guess that could be because they have never broken a bone or experienced anything else of a significant enough pain level, so they have nothing to compare childbirth to, but the experience clearly stands out from anything else in their lives

That's probably the case. Some types of kidney stones can hurt more.

Now as to the matter at hand, I refrained from posting so far because I really don't have an opinion. Most of what I believe has been greatly summed up in Eldu's post above. For example if the pain was really nigh excruciating, women wouldn't have more than one children. After all there is the option of going into labor under anesthetic too. But aside from that, I really didn't give it any serious thought. Sorry I disappointed ya

SpaceDecoy
SpaceDecoy
8 posts
Peasant

This post should be a sticky for all female players.

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

Hmm. You are being controversial to say the least.

Showing 1-10 of 10