ForumsGamesMonsters Den Chronicles: Endgame Builds

34 13991
Microbot024
Microbot024
4 posts
Farmer

Okay, so first off, I want to acknowledge that there is already a thread on party builds. However, I didn't really want to necro that thread, so I made a new one. Feel free to share any build you may have!

NOTE: I would recommend that you remove all items from characters and buy items in the emporium until you have no more money left for resetting, since you keep items when you reset.

Overview: This is my crit party build. This does not require a party reset, but it is HIGHLY recommended since the rogue should be quaffing many a Tonic of Quickness and the party equips will require a LOT of grinding. Also, if you don't have a level 5 character anymore as a dedicated shopkeeper, Shards of Dilaera runs could quickly become a rather expensive venture.

MY BUILD:
Rogue (Assassin): Front and center. This is your main damage dealer, crit spam
Warrior (Captain): Rear and center. Rogue buff spam and 2nd damage dealer.
Cleric (Confessor): Front left/right. Heal tank and Act IV grinder.
[O] Ranger (Warden): Rear left/right. Secondary healer, stunner, rogue buffer

[O]: Personally I like running three characters, so the ranger is completely optional.

Equipment: All of the equips have sparks of legend on them.

Rogue: Jack of All Crits Requires 26 Shards of Dilaera (SoD)
Socketed Bandolier of Malice: Three (3) SoD
Prowler's Shoulders: One (1) SoD
Socketed Dirk of Malice: One (1) Wraithstone, Two (2) SoD
Socketed Parrying Dagger of Endurance: Three (3) SoD
Socketed Iron Ring of Malice: Four (4) SoD
Blackheart's Mask: One (1) SoD
Socketed Leather Jerkin of Reflexes: Three (3) SoD
Socketed Reinforced Wristguards of Dexterity: Three (3) SoD
Socketed Leather Leggings of Dexterity: Three (3) SoD
Socketed Leather Boots of Dexterity: Three (3) SoD

So obviously you get the idea. This nets you 99% critical chance and 900% critical damage with the deadly fighting style. Combine this with Sneak Assault and you have a rear line clearer. Coup de Grace is nice, but why stun when you can one-hit with a normal attack? In terms of equipment, I used Blackheart's mask instead of another socketed item because of it's ability. Namely, there's a 100% chance on crit to gain 10 power and add 12 quickness. This is, for many reasons, amazing. Consider that 99% of the time we're gonna have a one-shot critical plus an extra 10 power to make up a bit of the power lost on Sneak Assault. Not only that, he gains 12 more quickness to stab the next guy in line even faster. If he is hurting for power, just do a normal stab on any available enemy because he's in the front line.

While a little overkill, I had my rogue drink 250 Tonics of Quickness and 40 Tonics of Power for a total of 300 Quickness and 200 Power, which took a LOT of money and a LOT of grinding. Basically this guy can solo an entire dungeon no problem with a marginal amount of quickness (compared to other builds) because he's entirely self sufficient (power steal from Blackheart) and because of that insane crit chance and damage. Also, because of the endurance armor, he isn't a complete 'glass cannon' and can take at least one or two hits.

Warrior: Crit Captain Requires 29 SoD
Socketed Fine Cloak of Malice: Three (3) SoD
Socketed Fine Steel Pauldrons of Dexterity: Three (3) SoD
Socketed Voulge of Enervation: Three (3) SoD
[No Offhand Equip]
Socketed Iron Ring of Malice: Four (4) SoD
The Black Helm: Four (4) SoD
Socketed Fine Steel Breastplate of Intellect: Three (3) SoD
Socketed Fine Steel Vambraces of Intellect: Three (3) SoD
Socketed Warplate Greaves of Strength: Three (3) SoD
Socketed Fine Steel Sabatons of Strength: Three (3) SoD

Similar idea. This should net you 90% crit chance and 875% crit damage. While I could easily make this guy have 100% crit chance by adding a socketed shield and socketed one handed weapon, the spear allows me to hit enemies from the back rank... heheheh. By putting this guy rear center, the rogue can one-hit clear the back rank and the warrior can one-hit clear the front rank. I'd mostly be using Push Harder on the rogue if he's hurting for power, Cleave, for clearing the front, and Hold the Line and Shrug it Off for increased damage protection should the rogue get hit. For fighting styles, I like Inspiring to buff the damage of the rogue even further (15% damage modifier), or Adrenaline for the stun evasion and 10% damage modifier.

Cleric: Spiked Tank Master Note: This is not my build, I got it from someone else on a Kongregate thread and tweaked it. This thing is amazing.
Southling's Shieldcloak: One (1) Rune of Protection
Masterwork Warplate Pauldron of Thorns: One (1) Rune of Protection
Barbed Brutaliser: One (1) Wraithstone
Doomwarden: Two (2) Shards of Nidal
Martyr's Signet: One (1) Shard of Nidal
Spiked Warplate Helm of Thorns: One (1) Rune of Protection
Equinox Robes: Two (2) Runes of Protection
Spiked Fine Steel Vambraces of Thorns: One (1) Rune of Protection
Soothing Plate Greaves of Thorns: One (1) Rune of Protection
Bolstering Warplate Sabatons of Thorns: One (1) Rune of Protection

If and when your glass cannons die, your tanky cleric is here to help. With a whopping 70% damage protection, plus the 15% from Hold the Line to make 85%, this guy can stand against any blow. Not only that, his insane regeneration rate (varies by level) and retaliation damage (varies by level) means that he's just going to heal that damage back and will deal a ton of damage to anything that touches him. Putting him on the Benedition fighting style means he has 100% resists to everything. So he won't flee from terror or get -25% damage protection from Breach Defense. You can also solo farm Act IV with this guy (the endless wave mission). I usually drop something heavy on my spacebar before I go to bed and watch the $$$ and items roll in after I wake up to Wave 400.

Unfortunately, the -30 power from the Southling's Shieldcloak drops his power to 70, which means he can't resurrect. Which sucks. Because he's a cleric. So I usually just throw a Tonic of Power on him so he can at least resurrect. Also, if I wanted, I could remove the Wraithstone (since he's probably not going to be hitting anything anyway) and the Shards of Nidal to get 4% more damage protection. But I decided eh, what's 4% damage protection gonna do? Plus, without the Shards of Nidal, playing him at 34 quickness is really painful.

Optional:
Ranger: Heal Stunner
Quicksilver Quiver: One (1) Rune of Power
Moonglow Shoulders: One (1) Rune of Power
Mosswood Crossbow: One (1) Wraithstone, One (1) Rune of Power
[No Offhand Equip]
Divine Annulus: One (1) Rune of Power
Moonglow Helmet: One (1) Shard of Sarilas
Moonglow Chest: One (1) Shard of Sarilas
Moonglow Bracers: One (1) Shard of Sarilas
Moonglow Leggings: One (1) Shard of Sarilas
Moonglow Boots: One (1) Rune of Power

This is my least favorite of the four. He's useful for filling that heal hole caused by Mr. ImmaTankCleric over in the front lines and can stun with Snare and Pin for the rogue's Coup de Grace, but I honestly don't find him that useful in this party. I usually leave him out so I have more space to mess with party formations should the terrain be unfavorable. You'll notice that this guy is the only one with an actual set. That's because I was lazy, and the Moonglow set is basically the 'Healing Ranger' set, which synergizes well with the Healing Lore stance and the skills Nature's Balm, Healing Remedy, and Second Wind. The set also provides +50 power, which, with the Runes of Power, nets you 175 power without Tonics of Power. The Shards of Sarilas give you a nice 100% starting action so you can set up Thorns, Snare, or buff the rogue with Swiftness for EVEN MOAR SPEEEDD!

Point Allocation:
Rogue:
I like to put all points into endurance for some survivability during the first ten or so levels when he is still learning all his skills. Once it gives you three points to allocate, I shove all the points into dexterity. When the rogue gets to a decent level where endurance doesn't matter anymore, I shove a Clean Slate on him (a Special Emporium item) and reallocate all points to dexterity.

Warrior:
I do a 1/2 split between Strength and Intellect so he can still do lots of damage (not as much as the rogue, of course) while still being able to effectively use skills that require Intellect to be useful.

Cleric:
All points in endurance, no questions asked. Not even intellect for heals, because you'll be smashing enemies faster than they can hit you. If for some reason your main damage dealers manage to die, the insane retaliation should finish the rest off while you resurrect the damage dealers.

Ranger:
All points in Intellect. If you choose to use this guy, he'll be your secondary healer, stunner for Coup de Grace (which you honestly won't need) and trap setter. Like Ana from Overwatch. Kind of.

Final Notes:
I also like to keep a level 5 on hand so I can constantly farm the Emporium for those much-needed Shards of Dilaera. I find that level 5 keeps the restocking cheap ($350) and the items too, since I tend to slot Sparks of Legend on all of my character's equipment anyway. You can grab tons of Sparks of Legend and a myriad of other equipment by, as mentioned above, throwing your tanky Cleric into Act IV overnight and jury-rigging the spacebar (like leaving something heavy on it). Or as I like to call it, MacGyvering the spacebar.

• 34 Replies
Microbot024
Microbot024
4 posts
Farmer

Alternatively, you could put the Cleric front and center and the Rogue to the left or right, which would draw attention towards the Cleric instead of the Rogue.

8 posts
Jester

Hey Bro, Great build good for overnight farming.
Although it is a bit min-max : )
I have a special build of my own invention although its for a single person party.
Max retaliation + Max Regeneration + an overdose of shards of Eridos + Devils Tine (Warrier) or Spirit Leech (Mage)
Mostly a fun build : )

Additionally I'd like to ask you a question, I seem to have a unique item, that no one else has,
Called "Visage Tome"
Its a tome in the off-hand slot gives you + 10% exp.
Its in the artifact rarity.

The only other artifact i've ever seen is the Received wisdom ring.
So.. Do you happen to know why nobody else has one, and why its not anywhere in the wiki?

TheQubaPl
TheQubaPl
26 posts
Farmer

Ain't no better party than that:
http://imgur.com/PvU851X ok maybe if I got rid of that rogue.
Maybe my rogue isn't perfect, but I don't use him, he's only for a screen. Definitely better would be second Cleric, well...
I usually use only Sorceress to KO every enemy within 1 hit.
Or a retaliation-ranger.
Since even 1000 level stronger monsters on Nightmare difficulty isn't hard, only challenging opponent might be other player's party, so I prepared my team with 90% damage protection and lots of health for one Cleric, who would resurect Sorceress if opponent was somehow quicker, then there's 95% crictal hit warrior to shield back row or kill entire front row (depends on opponent's defense) and second Cleric to decrese opponent's accurancy by 30 and be an addictional healer in case of resurections.
Entire front row is heavy-armored and the warrior can kill opposing front row, while my Sorceress has, if I remember properly, 6+15+ground bonus evasion and opponent has lowered accurancy so I'd say there's a possibility for her to evade a rogue and KO everyone.

TheQubaPl
TheQubaPl
26 posts
Farmer

Lets play a fake PvP
1. Shards of Dialala (these white) are not allowed
2. 100% retaliation is not allowed
I've got a sneaky idea of evasion, so I'd like to confront it somehow :O

8 posts
Jester

So, Party Or Single person?
And what's your highest level Character?
And any sort of 90% damage resist, Immunity to all debuffs allowed?
Or what about Stupidly high Regen?
(Played it since it was put on armor games, Bought the Premium just to get more characters made every build imaginable.)
: )

8 posts
Jester

Or how about equipment that shouldn't exist(that actually does)?
Such as my Visage Tome?

TheQubaPl
TheQubaPl
26 posts
Farmer

The point is to confront builds so best would be if we both had stats for lvl 1 and we should count who wins but I am actually not quite sure how to do that Maybe some finite series might do the job. And no tonics, my has 100 quickness but it should be base.
My idea of a guy is like:
http://imgur.com/2261N28 tududu! Ranged rogue! What's so cool is: http://imgur.com/TNvdx5H and even more +0.1 from shoulders.
Tactic: back row and shot Flash Powder every 3 seconds and normal attacks to regain Mana, and there is 25% that Flash Powder stuns enemy - then he can kill him with Coup de Grace.
At the screen he's got full SoD because I wanted to play him a littlebit, but at our FakePvP I would give him, hmm. 17 sockets for protection so with potion it would be 8+30+17+15(bolster defenses)=70% defense. That's so cool!
And dunno what U're problem with Visage Tome, I have it too and it ain't do nothing.
So basicly, 47+15=62 evasion And lower accurancy by 50 would give him 100% evasion I guess?
And deGrace's for 90% def and regeneration, men :O
Sadly I can't find Runes of Wardig anymore, but I wanted to do Best Tank Ever (no healing as my Healers have way more healing than most of my character's total health, so best tank excluding heal) - and Yaa shall be sureprised - it's rogue again! Maxed magic defense and damage protection and 50% evasion MWHAHAHA! And debuffs.

Microbot024
Microbot024
4 posts
Farmer

On the visage tome thing, I also have one. But I forgot where I got it.

8 posts
Jester

Whats even more funny is that i'm using almost the exact same equipment for one one my rogues : )

About the visage tome, I contacted an admin on the wiki gave him proof and he made a page with all the available information.
http://monstersden.wikia.com/wiki/Visage_Tome

TheQubaPl
TheQubaPl
26 posts
Farmer

I decided to share the best team ever composed.
...because 'U know. Rogue to backrow and captain to front row is pretty obvious choice that probably everyone make. And I've seen this like 10 years ago on YT and it's not so cool after all.

Brace your jaws(so that they don't drop out) and here admire:best_team_ever_Composed(Emhyr is center :O)

1. The absolute Goddess of all damage-dealers, she were a monk and then become an alien and she holds the power to destroy entire galaxy, but she's so rightheous she light her wisdom upon brave heroe's who strugle within nightmarish darkfairs.

Annahbeth, the Farseer
She wears Scyrer Reimants, set best for Sorcerers, to achieve maximum of Intelect and unparalleled Accurancy: 111. When Buffer and Debuffer move, it’s like 141 accurancy. And reason is: 100% crictal hit is absolutely not necessary, while way more important is accurancy. Thanks to the latter stat, hero can steal health&mana. Futhermore, it’s damage output is better, counting evade.

link
link
Mad Mikkelsen makes her have 94% crictal hit, if that had any meaning.

2. Absolute jack of all jacks whose skin colour turns you gay, and whose epic horns foreshadow defecation of every cell metabolizing within visibility (even if they haven’t grown any eyes). Not only does he look invincibly, but also he’s role is sneaky as every plan ever made by the Siths altogether. He’s better tank even than a Tank! So much evasion you can swim in it!
He wears fully Runic set of Rimeguard Armor, thus he’s way harder to complete than fully SoD’ed nerd, because .. maybe it’s just me but… my Rune of Warden rate was like 1:10 to SoD’s… I have about 200 SoD’s and only 40 Rune of Wardens!!!

Mad Mikkelsen, Valhalla Rising
His fancy Talisman in fact is Odin’s Eye, thus he knows the future and makes opponent’s attacker blind.

If anyone dare to stare at him, due to described effects, he get’s even more damage protection and evasion so finally it’s final stats

3. Second Cleric.
Genitalsdevourer, Dreed Judge

He’s just lucky to be here. Because of the fact only known to my twisted self, that the beginning is crucial to most of battles, he’s here to make opponents blind lowering their accurancy and afterwards STUN! YEAH! He’s got area attack. I’m pretty sure no one likes him. I mean, this character. And he can be so powerfull if he had the speed.
An astonishing fact is, that the unique composition of equipment I gave him grants him 50% crictal hit while wearing this incredibely looking EPIC SET!

4. Immortal healer. Dude, I tell you this. If you try to attack him, you will just lose your rounds. My real Cleric has like 2400 level nad 80k HP and 6% excesive damage protection and 50k health healing soooo if you didn’t have that imba grinded 300 speed but normal 2x his speed, he would just heal up. And if you didn’t attack him, he would resurrect damage dealer. And if you killed damage healer again – this is why there’s Second Cleric.

Emhyr var Emreis, Dancing upon the Mounds
Any other team that I did not try is like my grammar
– it sucks.
In conclusion, I’d like to thank myself for such a great contribution.
Cheers!

8 posts
Jester

Veryniceteem Ifogot to bwace ma jaaww so riiight nows im holdin it in my hand ill pop it baack in. *You Hear a horrifying sound similer to one you would hear from the gate of hell*

Ah! Much better!

Nice team although,

Annahbeth
I question the use of the Scryer's Raiments over the Aetherweave set and suncloth robe in place of the chest. Evasion never chances much over the course of the game (highest base is 40) If you're so worried about accuracy use some buffs from the rogues Eg: Thief's luck.
Or just spaz out on quickness.

Mad Mikkelsen
As far as he gos, 25 isn't all that much evasion ; )
I mean its nice, but with a dedicated build i've gotten around 56 base.
With buffs, id say around 100% if you include all of them at once.

Genitalsdevourer, Dreed Judge
For a Dedicated stun build the max i've been able to get is 73 base,
Compared to your build, the only differences are Using the judgement stance and Using the barbed Brutalizer + Winter bark buckler
(The Barbed Brutalizer is especially awesome as it reduces an opponent's action clock each attack.)

Emhyr var Emreis, Dancing upon the Mounds,
Nice name by the way, If you're going for absolute healing with a side of huge health use the blessed armor, it offers more intelligence while still having huge endurance.
You also might use the Sanctified guardian instead of liturgy on the forgiveness of frailties
For more general unkillableness.
You could use Shards of Euphia to boost intelligence even more while still having enough power regen for spam casting.

Just my suggestions : )
Enjoy!

8 posts
Jester

I wonder if Monsters Den Godfall will be out soon, Been at "Two weeks till finished"
For three years.....(five years total wait)
Apparently They're actually close to release this time, so lets see.

TheQubaPl
TheQubaPl
26 posts
Farmer

Annahbeth says she doesn't have any fcks to spare about suggestions of her because she's already perfect.
Aetherweave - it doesn't have socket slots... compare stats carefully. Aetherweave Robe epic set
Suncloth Robe for mana regeneration? She has 47 mana regeneration.
5 element set because of that robe? Pretty nope.
141 accurancy is exactly the point of including Mad in the team.
For grindin' her quickness is unfairly boosted.

Mad doesn't have any fcks as well, the point of his overwhelming build is not just evade (which is pretty enough including accurancy debuffs) but 89% MAGIC protection AND 76% damage protection. He's in case of other spellcaster, besides of blinding opponent's damager.
Evasion is shown in my pervous post link (but I can't edit it to be blue) and I didn't intend it to be maxed, 'cos I'd use Provler's set over Scoudre's Set - gaining 5 evasion and losing 18 or 21 Sockets... so pretty nope.

You are right, that Blessed Set grants more intelect, but it's worse with HP: 7:11 to Sorvegin and my point is for him to survive 900% crictal power :O And when I was reading Witcher, there were a Nilfgaard knight which I imagined exactly like Sorvegin armour.

Liturgy has more healing and 100% to remove condiction, to give a total of 4 cured condictions. Emhyr has 66% base with 30% buff damage protection, so shield would give like 16% excesive damage protection. I'd use it only if he was about to stop a SoD'ed Rogue solo.

Yep, frankly said I included Dread Judge's equipment in that shape because of his male appearence. He's so men. And he said he had homemade sexy cookies. What a treacherous *******.
U're right about him. Now he gonna have much less crictal strength, but more % to stun and area debuffs.

AAAAA How do you know that 2 Weeks :O ! A!
And I kinda don't understand how does it work hence I thought he just snapped up 34k AUS (kinda LOTS OF money, I'd have to give private Math tutoring for 5769.54 hours in my country to earn that much) or what's this currency and escaped :O

TheQubaPl
TheQubaPl
26 posts
Farmer

Genitalsdevourer, first of his name, had been punished for his incest culinary sodomy and his fate entrusted to the gods. He had a slight chance for recupation.
Did he pass an ultimate test for affiliation to the Team?
During this purge at Extreame difficulty he became a new person, thus he needs a new name. Maybe Dicktearoff'er :O
http://i.imgur.com/lJv1pfo.png
****, I can post pictures there not as links!
http://i.imgur.com/EyMN9Eb.png
Yaay!
Oh no, I cant ... or do I?
Thanks for suggestions! Dunno how the heck 73%, tho :O

TheQubaPl
TheQubaPl
26 posts
Farmer

http://i.imgur.com/BgH9qBc.png

Showing 1-15 of 34