ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Posting a game

3 5934
antonio_spadaccino_7
antonio_spadaccino_7
3 posts
Nomad

Hello, I'd like to request submitting a game. There is a 'Submit a Game' thing on the bottom page, but there is just a problem: there is no buttons that let me publish a game. Or rather, there is that 'Come In' if you're already a game dev, but then I have to log in, which is the main problem because I am logged in with Facebook. Anyhow, the main thread about this problem is that I want to post a game, but why does ArmorGames has the 'Request Dev' button? Does this site even learns how to differenziate from being a Armorgames dev and game dev?

• 3 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

The 'Request Dev' button you're talking about is just to request developer status here on AG - not as an Armorgames developer. Basically, you need to have special develop access to the game(s) you upload so you can update them, fix things, etc. You're not signing on a developer for AG or anything like that.

In addition, having this extra step allows AG to do a bit of quality control. On many flash game sites, you'll find games that are basically 'troll games'. In other words, they're not actually games at all; just a blank screen or a meme or something stupid. This is an added precaution to keep things like that from happening. But if you are genuinely a developer and would like AG to host one of your games, then you're in the right spot by clicking that button. It also goes through what rights you have as a developer, what to expect from the AG staff and the process of submitting a game.

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

@antonio_spadaccino_7,

I'd agree with what Moegreche mentioned about the two buttons. So if you have any questions about that, let us know and I can try and expand or clarify some of the details.

Something to also be aware of is that if you are making a game, having a demo ready to share will be helpful for us when we are looking for what games are right for our site. It's not required, but I know that some other developers will have an elevator pitch ready to share and talk about what sets your game apart from other games.

-RP

antonio_spadaccino_7
antonio_spadaccino_7
3 posts
Nomad

I think you're right. Sometimes while playing a game on a other website, I do get the blank screen or something like that, and the website wouldn't even bother to remove it. I'll see what I can do with that button.

Thanks you for your feedback! Hope to see me working on a game!

Showing 1-3 of 3