ForumsForum GamesTAG:BA Discussion Thread

31 15710
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

This thread is reserved for discussions relating to the forum game The Armor Games: Battle Arena (Main Thread) (Character Creation).

Adress any problems, balance issues, suggestions, questions or strategy discussions here.

• 31 Replies
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I would think that it should be both actually. Both moving twice for every character and impossible to fire apells or long/crossbows while moving. This can be the advantage of sidearms, that they can be fired on the move

A nerf in mana lightning is not particularly necessary, seeimg as I have almost no use for FP amyway

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Btw, I just realized. I think Longbows should be weapons. And crossbows should be small handheld ones to justify being treated as a sidearm

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

So, longbow as a main weapon? That would mean having no melee main weapon equipped; the sidearm dagger at best.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I had forgotten about this, but I intend to end duels by default if one of the contenders is inactive for a whole week. Unless they have notified me before about any prolonged absence, of course. Any objections before I add that rule? (I'll let maybe a few days to nousername to react since I haven't announced this yet)

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

I'm just bumping this post if it will be needed, good that you posted I forgot about this game and wanted to join before (and still want). Heading to character creation thread.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

No objection from me btw. let's hope we get some more people xD

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@HahiHa I just wanna point out that mana vs fp is very unbalanced in your game when we look at two skills:
mana lightning - for 100 mana I will loose 50 (or more due to modificators) hp, mp and fp. But for using a skill Headshot for 80 fp I will have only 70% chance (and what with evade chance?) for dealing not too much damage. How much is 3x a shot of crossbow at distance 2? I've read it before 70% to crit and not 70% to hit so I was thinking about max roll x3. IMO mana lightning shouldn't take fp and also it shouldn't be possible to use it in the first round. In that fight if @Doombreed starts with it and hits I'm done. Only drinking potions and concentrating is what's left for my gladiator, but the gained disadvantage will be impossible to overturn :-/

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

The point was that mana lightning drains all of one's mana, which for a mage centered character is a liability. However, it's true that with his high mana regeneration plus potions and concentrate, Doom was able to recuperate rather quickly in his last match.

As for Headshot, with your stats a crossbow at range 2 and triple damage would do 47 (edit: 50 with your elf bonus) damage. So at least damage potential for HP is comparable. But maybe I can nerf the damage Mana Lightning does to (MP and) FP a bit, like doing a quarter point per mana instead of half a point. So with 100 mana and no modificator, you would lose 50 HP, 25 MP and 25 FP. Should we try that?
@Doombreed your opinion?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I am mainly using Mana Lightning for the high damage output so sure, why not We are still testing things out after all

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Alright, I adapted the Character Creation thread with changes for throwing weapons and mana lightning. Let's see how this works.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

Yeah - we are testing things and it's like alfa version. Nerfs and buffs will be needed for sure. 80 FP for 50 damage? I saw 35 damage for 13 MP when leafing through the last battle. I mean that's a good trade. Even if it had less than 70% of hitting it was like 15-35 damage and Headshot is 0 or 50 (not even counting on having an opportunity to move back). But whatever, RNG hates me so I've got like 5% chance of winning anyway xD

Edit: oh right and I won't be able to cast it with 75 fp - so the concentrate will be on next round. That's GG even with that nerf.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@HahiHa I think that you forgot about Archfiend's mana regeneration, he should have 54 instead of 34 mana this round if I'm correct.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I update the stats of the one character currently playing, not of both in the same post. You also didn't get attacked a second time by the familiar yet; this is coming next when it's Doom's turn. You'll see how it works after a few turns

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

OK I see it even now. So if it's not the first round I have to add my regeneration to the pool posted in enemy's move.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

You will get your regenerated points at the beginning of your turn/action. That means that it is calculated before any ability costs. For example, if you are at 100 MP and cast a regular elemental spell (15 MP), you will end your turn at 85 MP (100 +0 -15), because you were already at max MP. But if you are at 50 MP and cast a spell, you will first get the regeneration bonus (e.g. +16), so you'll end your turn at 51 MP (50 +16 -15).

It also means that if you know that you'll regenerate enough points in your turn, you can use an ability for which you currently lack the points. For example, with his +20 MP regen, Doom can technically cast a regular spell even at 0 MP because he'll end up at 5 MP anyway (0 +20 -15).

Showing 16-30 of 31