ForumsNews and FeedbackNotice: Games being closed on Tuesday, February 20, 2018

3 5902
RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey everyone,

I have some sad news to share. We are shutting down access to a few games as of Tuesday, February 20, 2018. The team has done some testing and we've verified that the following games are having difficulties and we'll be taking them offline.

• Fantastic Contraption
  • Everybody Edits
  • Fancy Pants World 3
  • Cyclomaniacs Epic

A big thank you to those of you that flagged the games, emailed us, and submitted help requests to report errors about these games.

We've also reached out to the developers of the games to ask them for some assistance with helping to troubleshoot the cause of the reported and verified errors. When/If they are able to fix these, we'll be more than happy to help bring the game back or host an updated game version on the site.

-RP

• 3 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

It looks like the games that required Unity Web Player are also gone, or at least the non-MMOs.

RavePenguin
RavePenguin
513 posts
Peasant

Hey @Patrick2011,

Good eye. I talked with our team here about the Unity Player required games. It looks like we've depreciated the Unity tag as the web player itself is no longer being supported by Unity. They have moved on to WebGL to allow web browser games.

The Unity Player only really works on two browsers (Internet Explorer 11 & Safari) which many players do not use when they visit the site.

-RP

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

Do you know if these games can still be played on other sites? I loved playing everybody edits...

Showing 1-3 of 3