ForumsThe Tavern[Answered] Can I create my own little contest?

15 4807
DidiArmorGames4
DidiArmorGames4
21 posts
Nomad

I know there are many contests on AG, but they're all created by Mods/Admins. Can I create a contest of my own?

• 15 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

You're always free to create and host a contest @DidiArmorGames4 , no problem! Just make sure it is not a duplicate one and/or conflicts with any of our rules of course...

DidiArmorGames4
DidiArmorGames4
21 posts
Nomad

Ummm.... If I create something unrelated to AG, like a creativity contest, is that OK?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

That's totally fine. We have things like that pretty regularly. If it's a creativity contest, you should probably put it in the Art, Music and Writing thread. If it gets enough contestants, we might be able to award the winner with a merit or something cute

DidiArmorGames4
DidiArmorGames4
21 posts
Nomad

OK, thank you! I just have another question, how exactly do I host a contest? Do I just start a new post like my top one on here just saying Creativity Contest or something or what?

jimmyluka1
jimmyluka1
5 posts
Nomad

@DidiArmorGames4 I'd be happy to help you out!

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Yeah, 'Creativity Contest' works. Just make sure to explain the rules (i.e. is there a theme, what's the medium, etc.) in the opening post.

DidiArmorGames4
DidiArmorGames4
21 posts
Nomad

@Moegreche Thank you for your help! @jimmyluka1 Thanks, but I'm OK I suppose!

DidiArmorGames4
DidiArmorGames4
21 posts
Nomad

Ummm... One more question... am I allowed to create an Armatar contest?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

I think, that there might be a problem with creating a new Armatar Contest @DidiArmorGames4... The problem is that you wouldn't be able to add created armatars to the pool, so an administrator would be needed. And creating avatars without the ability of adding them and then choosing from the list is like not creating avatars, but it's only creating 512x512 pictures.

It's just my point of view and @MrDayCee is a person to ask about this, because he is an administrator, that hosted lots and lots of armatar contests.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I can say with certainty that PLGuy is right here. Armatar contests--at least ones in which the winners would have their submissions become armatars--would need to be run by the admins (typically MrDayCee). So basically, as PLGuy mentioned, a contest like that would just be a 512x512 picture contest and not, strictly speaking, an armatar contest.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@DidiArmorGames4 You can host any contest you want, but as the others already explained, an Armatar contest is too specific and would be a duplicate of what we already have for our users. My suggestion would be to create and host an art contest of some kind for artists to display their creativity; an example of such a contest would be the 'ASC - Art & Skills Competition' that was held since recently. Here you can have an idea of how to make/build the contest, etc.

Thanx for the help @Moegreche @PLGuy

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@MrDayCee No problem! :-)
Here's a link @DidiArmorGames4 I don't know the host of this contest, but I saw his last message. It seems that he's not going to run it for now.

DidiArmorGames4
DidiArmorGames4
21 posts
Nomad

@PLGuy @MrDayCee @Moegreche Oh... anyway, I'll create a contest saying like "#1 Round of Art Creativity Contesy (ACC)" or something like that? And please explain what's a merit.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@DidiArmorGames4 A merit is a special award that can be handed out by a Moderator or Administrator only. It is awarded for a wide variety of things, ranging from outstanding behaviour in the Community to participating in the official AG Armatar Contest. They also count towards a user's ranking by adding points.

DidiArmorGames4
DidiArmorGames4
21 posts
Nomad

OK, thank you

Showing 1-15 of 15