ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] A polite request to unban

2 3633
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

This might be a wrong place to make this little topic, but I just saw a message in @Dino_3128 bio.

It says

please help i wanna get unbanned i am really sorry

I have no idea why was he banned and I don't question that decision. All I know is that this is a very long time since that happened. What I would like to do is to please on his behalf for lifting the ban because he probably doesn't have a chance to do so.

• 2 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

@PLGuy

I appreciate you looking out for another AG user. I have no doubt that there are users (including Dino) who feel bad about past behaviours and may genuinely want to make real adjustments.

But the forums just aren't the place for this kind of discussion or request. When a user is banned, they have several options for getting in touch with us. There's a link on their profile to contest the ban (which could also be used to ask for a reprieve on a very long or permanent ban), and the support e-mails would also be a way to get in touch.

Sometimes, users just breach the rules of the site to such an extent that moderation them is no longer an option. It sucks when that happens, and no likes doing it (either the mod who has to place the ban or the user). But think about it this way. If someone has broken the rules to such an extent that they've received a very long or permanent ban, they must have gone out of their way to break the rules. The default position is simply to not say anything, to not participate. That's what the vast majority of users here do--they're not active in the chat or in the forums. And, while we encourage participation, such activity comes along with a certain responsibility. It takes a lot--like, a whole lot--for us to ban someone for extended periods of time. We don't like doing it (after all, we're people, too!) and the decision can often weight heavily.

tl;dr It's nice of you to advocate for someone, but there's genuinely nothing we're going to do in this kind of format.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@Moegreche Thanks for all the information, I had no idea people can contact staff so easily while banned and I kinda pitied him due to that message.

Showing 1-2 of 2