ForumsSupport Forum[answered]apparently my profile page sends people to phishing sites

6 3763
DanielGar
DanielGar
4 posts
Scribe

Over the comments on Bush Whacker 2, 3 days ago, user elephantlady1946 posted that my profile redirected her towards a phishing site, a "dating site" that caused Norton to pop up, blocking an attack. She took a screencap of the info

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/f616531f262aec2159cee40d5fe395e41c96ed0966b5cbdacb370778ff90fe4b.png

Can something be confirmed about this? Any help would be appreciate

• 6 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

@DanielGar

It looks fine on my end. It sounds like this user might have some malware that redirects them to malicious sites. I'm going to let them know on their profile to run some antimalware software, but I seriously doubt it's anything on your end.

DanielGar
DanielGar
4 posts
Scribe

I would have preferred if nobody was affected, but at least I'm glad somebody else checked on my profile

Thank you!

velicankivrak
velicankivrak
24 posts
Blacksmith

For me it also just your profile and not phishing sites

DanielGar
DanielGar
4 posts
Scribe

thank you for the confirmation, but I got to ask something more

There was nothing to be found, and nobody got blamed over anything, correct?

I'm sorry I'm making such a big issue out of this. This may have caused a strong reaction for other people and I feel terrible for causing this issue

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Yeah, we weren't able to reproduce the issue and couldn't really find anything suspicious.

And don't worry about making a big deal--it's scary to think that people could be led to a malicious site by clicking on your profile or Discus link. But rest assured, you are in no way responsible for whatever happened. The user who was affected is very confident that it wasn't malware on their end, so we'll continue monitoring things. Thanks so much for letting us know. Our users' security is our top priority and we'll be sure to keep an eye out for any other suspicious activity.

DanielGar
DanielGar
4 posts
Scribe

thank you again, other people thought they may have been singled out to be at fault here, so it's relieving to hear that it was not on anybody's part

Thank you again for the fast response, and thanks again for putting up with my constant worrying

Showing 1-6 of 6