ForumsProgramming ForumWhat will happen to these fantastic games when they definitely block flash?

4 6222
Cocopabe
Cocopabe
1 posts
Peasant

Google has taken the final step, setting the date for the death of Flash, what will happen to these fantastic games when they definitely block flash? Will we lose them? Or do you have any way to save them?

• 4 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

As I understand it there's still no working Flash emulator as of yet. That being said, I know there's a website, though I don't recall its name, that is saving and archiving Flash games. I believe it currently has something like 36,000 Flash games archived and preserved

eachday
eachday
41 posts
Shepherd

It's a catastrophe. Many games here are better and more honest than some paid games. The forum on Chrome blames it all on Adobe. I hope AG survives this.

flamingwhy
flamingwhy
3 posts
Farmer

There's a project called "Bluemaxima flashpoint" (search it in google) working on archiving flash games which I assume is what TheMostManly was referring to.

MrWalkthroughMania
MrWalkthroughMania
1 posts
Farmer

Old thread, but I thought this relevant, over on Newgrounds, they've started using Ruffle as an emulator for Flash: https://github.com/ruffle-rs/ruffle

Do not fear for your favourite Flash games. As long as they are preserved in some fashion, they will remain playable for years to come.

Showing 1-4 of 4