ForumsNews and FeedbackFlash games in 2021?

8 27743
djjanko
djjanko
1 posts
Peasant

Well'be able to play our favorite games after flash is gone? Can i still play armor games in my browser?

• 8 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

TL;DR at the very end.

Well. It's complicated. The short version is this, and here's a full video.
Multiple people are working on the preservation of flash games.
Sites like Newgrounds are making their own launchers, there are projects which collect thousands, and I mean thousands of games. You know how some older games on AG are extremely slow and laggy? That's because of changes in Flash. Those projects will help those games become playable again.
Some developers also change their games to fit in. That includes the NinjaKiwi and the Henry Stickmin collections.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, as for Armor Games? We don't know. I think that AG will move on from Flash games to become a pure indie publisher. It seems to have been moving towards that for a while now. HTML5 games will most likely continue being hosted, though. (Flash game) Quests? No idea. I doubt AG will be able to spare the developers to think of a solution, either. Also worth mentioning that people have moved away from web games. AG has just 3-4% of the popularity it had at its peak in February of 2011. I doubt they consider that it's "worth it" now, too...

Did you know AG is the most popular in Idaho? I'm saying that because I've somehow psychologically programmed myself to identify with Idaho at every turn.

There was a time HTML5 quests were considered being added, but no new quests have been added in a while now.

TL;DR: Find out in a month and 17 days!

vlad_vip1989
vlad_vip1989
4 posts
Blacksmith

My fav games = 3\30 html. I would like the most popular\high rated games to be saved.

rangerjackson17
rangerjackson17
2 posts
Peasant

All I know is that Raze is gone and my day is ruined

TheGuardianDex
TheGuardianDex
1 posts
Nomad

im cryin rn..So glad i downloaded alot of my fav games prior to this...
allot of mmos are taken down as well..smh

vlad_vip1989
vlad_vip1989
4 posts
Blacksmith

Today Im visit maxgames site and there Flash games work. Looks like they found decision.

KeenOrei
KeenOrei
5 posts
Shepherd

bad......

oyaji3211
oyaji3211
258 posts
Herald

This is bad...this is so frikkin bad. At least you can get all the KRs on Steam, if you want to cough up the money, which I shall.

stnickk
stnickk
2 posts
Blacksmith

I wish there was a list of my flash games and what may be similar in HTML. The search shows so few games in tower defense. It is sad.

Showing 1-8 of 8