ForumsSupport ForumReputation?

40 7224
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Sorry if this is a duplicate. One person notify through a post and then no one else post. Don't need 5 people posting lock.

I think a reputation system would be nice. Was just looking at things and I think that there should be a way for people to vote peoples rep up or down and other things. It would be nice because you start to see who has a good reputation and you start to know who spams and who actually has a good opinion or other things I guess. I just think it would be nice. Or maybe have rep only be votable through posts so a mod can make sure people aren't putting rep up for nothing and that it is actually for a good post or something.

But I think this would work better as overall person rep not for individual posts.
Tell me what you think, or if you have ideas to improve this one!

• 40 Replies
spike3194
spike3194
9 posts
Nomad

pople would spam ur reputation

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

great Idea I love it but the fact is it won't happen just because of the fact that friends would be like noname said they would do it for each other and crazynaitor in my opinion you are one of the worst spammers on here

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yes that is the one flaw. People might vote someone down because they don't like them, or they or jealous, or whatever. Other than though i think that it is a great idea.

Mike_Yu
Mike_Yu
50 posts
Nomad

I agree.

Naruto
Naruto
658 posts
Nomad

i think its a pretty good idea

Vitamins
Vitamins
141 posts
Nomad

It would be cool but, there could be a problem. A group of friends can vote down on 1 guy just to make his reputation lower.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

and crazynaitor in my opinion you are one of the worst spammers on here

You really had to include that in your post did you now....

Well it pretty much would be equal, everyone would get spammed. Also yea it will end up like Merit_Recognition, firend vote up friends, they would also make seperate accounts, same situation as Merit_Recignition which didn't turn out too well so i change my mind and say... NO
Mike_Yu
Mike_Yu
50 posts
Nomad

But it might get out of hand i suppose...

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

As mentioned before, it is not the most reliable way to judge how good/bad a member is if people can just simply vote them up or down.

I have been on forums before with this feature, and it never ended well. You always had people rep-bombing others for stupid reasons. Or voting up all their friends.

I remember once that simply because I pointed out an error in the information about a game from one member, he and all his buddies down voted me. I went from roughly 5,000 Positive Reputation to near -10 Reputation.

And I am sure here would be no different.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Voidy has really settled it. Seeing how badly the chat went, I wouldn't think the Admins would want to add this to the site. It is begging for abuse.

Showing 31-40 of 40