ForumsSupport ForumReputation?

40 7223
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Sorry if this is a duplicate. One person notify through a post and then no one else post. Don't need 5 people posting lock.

I think a reputation system would be nice. Was just looking at things and I think that there should be a way for people to vote peoples rep up or down and other things. It would be nice because you start to see who has a good reputation and you start to know who spams and who actually has a good opinion or other things I guess. I just think it would be nice. Or maybe have rep only be votable through posts so a mod can make sure people aren't putting rep up for nothing and that it is actually for a good post or something.

But I think this would work better as overall person rep not for individual posts.
Tell me what you think, or if you have ideas to improve this one!

• 40 Replies
HoCk33
HoCk33
48 posts
Nomad

I think that the rep system is a great idea. Hopefully they add that system.

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

@klaus

actually looks like ive been here a week longer than you. i just dont feel the need to pipe up constantly and make suggestions every other day.

but thanks anyway, kiddo.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

I think that it is a great idea! We should try it, and then if it doesn't work out, then the site designers can always take it off, much like what they did with the chat.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

I agree with the reputation system except my idea was quite complicated in comparison, it was called community level.

soucravn
soucravn
53 posts
Nomad

yeah it would be nice to see how people think about me... cmon tell me how much you hate me!!!

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Yea it would be great, but peopel would just randomly rate people badly and yea.......

SpartanWarrior3
SpartanWarrior3
175 posts
Nomad

See, this is a good idea if you can only vote one person, once a day. If it was more than that, there would be mass "down-rate spam". All people would do is down-rate a person, or mod to make them look like no one likes them....

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

Idea Man with only 89 posts you can't really get the forums cause I presume you have only been here for a week at max, so you aren't a good judge of things.

*facepalm* You realize The_Idea_Men said exactly what I said, I just said it in more of a roundabout way, right?

This is more of a longer lasting member thing which would work. This would not have anything to do with mods. They have nothing to do with being liked at all.

EVERYTHING has to do with the mods. They deal with the crap users have, and a rep. system would certainly spawn crap. Ergo, having a rep system affects mods. One of my main points is that it would do more harm than good.
ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

That sounds sort of cool,it would kind of be unfair though because people that are just pissed can put a 0

stumpyyy
stumpyyy
173 posts
Nomad

Very great Idea! I like it.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Well, this is a very good idea The only problem I see there is people making more accounts to make their reputation higher or lower. This needs alot of work, so keep posting!

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

Nah i dont really think this is a good idea! Some people would just vote people they hate down,works like the chat, warnings for no reason would just cause much more trouble

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Hey you got this off of smfforfree and ibpfree forums.

How about just an up button? You get 1 AP per rep up and can only rep 1 person 1 time per day, and might add you must make a comment on why so that people don't just spam rep ups then mods can view the rep ups catch rep spammers etc.

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

to get ap for it is even worse lol! and 1 user would be to less what if for example me would see 50 spammers?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Personally I feel that rep should not be measured by numbers. People gain weird enough rep on AG as it is.

Also, people may start posting more responsibly, but would'nt we run into simular problems with scam acounts as we did with the merit scams? People creating acounts and making friends "I'll give you rep if you give me rep" type deals. I just do not care to measure people with numbers.

Showing 16-30 of 40