ForumsSupport ForumAbout BB code

10 2905
jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

With the new updates you can use BB code in the about on your profile. With this update many moderators added either link, bold, or italicized to their own abouts.

The update I was thinking about here, is that now that they have the BB code in their abouts. When you click on the About link towards the top right, any of the sections there with BB code just show it like the brackets, since it doesn't take effect in that section. So I was thinking along with anything else currently going on, you should try to make that About section work with the BB code as well.

• 10 Replies
Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

Yea,that would be a great update Jwalshjr!

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Ya, I agree that this isn't a #1 priority, just though I would throw the idea out there. Considering I have heard no talk of this before.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I know because with the url its really annoying,its a good idea!

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

And fixed it is!

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

And fixed it is!

Its not fixed in my about!
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Its not fixed in my about!

Oh, really?
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I have noticed it too, but the about just pretty much piles in your own about and its all smushed together.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

The update I was thinking about here, is that now that they have the BB code in their abouts. When you click on the About link towards the top right, any of the sections there with BB code just show it like the brackets, since it doesn't take effect in that section. So I was thinking along with anything else currently going on, you should try to make that About section work with the BB code as well.

Yea, this is one of the things we have discussed fixing. But as you can imagine, formatting on the About page isn't on the top of the To Do list ;-) So we are aware of it, and want to fix it, it just hasn't been done yet.
jwalshjr
jwalshjr
537 posts
Peasant

Yea, this is one of the things we have discussed fixing. But as you can imagine, formatting on the About page isn't on the top of the To Do list ;-) So we are aware of it, and want to fix it, it just hasn't been done yet.

Ok then, thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if it had been noticed yet, so just wanted to bring the idea into attention. Thanks XD
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yeah i noticed that..

But does it matter that much?

I mean, i guess it's nice so it does not look tacky, but it does not seem like it's a "OMG fix it or the world ends" situation (and yes i know, i exaggerated, don't attack me for it).

Showing 1-10 of 10