ForumsSupport Forum[necro] A armorgames.com wiki?

138 19899
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

In another topic me and dirkpitt1 were discussing making a wiki site for armorgames.com.here is the linkI actually like the idea and would be willing to help on it, but as dirk noted in this thread.It would be a good idea to see what the admins/mods think about the idea first, before we do so.So I am going to post this thread so that the admins may possibly respond quicker,and take more notice of the idea.

• 138 Replies
evil_empire
evil_empire
287 posts
Peasant

This is a great idea, it would help allot.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Your idea inspired me to make an AG wiki on freewebs! it's a work in progress :P

ArmorWiki

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

Good job ubertuna, it is pretty good!

2 things though, if you wish I can try to help you with the list of active members. Also, in the user art section, could I have a part as well? Because I make some signatures just like Arax. If you are deciding if I deserve one or not, Here are a few examples of my work. (I know I did bad on the pink one : /)

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

Crap, forgot too say this in the above post ^.

But if you will leave me your e-mail on my account, I can mail you all of the armatars. Right now I have screenshot's of all of them except any of the brand new ones, which I will try to get done soon if you wish.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol ubertuna... a Freewebs website? Gross! You know they make you advertise freewebs... and if they catch you without a link to freewebs or hosted by. Then they close your account. And why call it Ubertuna? and not ArmorWiki...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

The name ArmorWiki was originally my idea, but Ubertuna I truthfully would think it would be better if all of use were working on a single website, instead of making individual one's.

ybom
ybom
144 posts
Nomad

crimsonblade55, maybe we should do both? :P nah.

I think a wiki is the best thing, as long as pages aren't deleted like mine usually are on wikipedia.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

The best thing to do right if you want to help the website is to sign up.After that if dirkpitt chooses to make you a writer than you can contribute on your own time.Other than that right now we have a few certain things we need done such as a good logo,and we need to create sections for art,music,youtube video's,and maybe walkthroughs and other stuff that we may think of along the way.Just for now it would be nice to have a decent sized community before we can get much done.Also I'm currently on the IM on there.Yeah that's right we have a IM.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Right now we are currently discussing things on the website.If you are interested in the website go to my page and click the link in my about section,and go to the chat room.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

@jwalshjr
Sure, I was just tired and those were the four major artists that came to mind.

@Klaushouse
Well, I don't have awesome html coding skillz like everybody else And it's called ubertuna because when I signed up I put my username as ubertuna. The site title is still called ArmorWiki.

@crimsonblad55
My site isn't meant to compete with yours, it's meant to help it. It's a nice place to compile Armatars, active users, user artwork, etc. And I am also a member of your wiki. Also, sorry about taking the name There really isn't any other option for a wiki about AG.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well ubertuna. If someone is willing to bust out like 15 bucks a year we could have a domain name and a server. I could help code a simple site for us? Or a fancy flash one like I have.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Right now we already have all of the armatars in a photo album, plus a small compilation of walkthroughs from the forums.Its looking pretty good so far.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Hey guys right now we are working on a you tube collection, and we don't know that many.So if you could post some video links here, or on the youtube wars forum game then that would awesome.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Hey guys right now we are working on a you tube collection, and we don't know that many.So if you could post some video links here, or on the youtube wars forum game then that would awesome.

Is that so, Oh well here's the funniest thing in the world. HERE friend ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1VIyZe3Ws
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Hmm not bad.I've never heard someone with that strange of a voice before.

Showing 106-120 of 138