ForumsSupport ForumNew way to contact people PEASE READ

40 5483
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

After looking on the site, i only see two ways to communicate; by forums and profiles. As said before, forums aren't that good because you cant have a conversation with some particular people about anyhting. Profiles, you can, but it can be annoying when you need help from a Mod or Admin, and they don't check there profile. I thought of an idea where you got to their profile, click on a link which will open a box and you send them a private message which will pop straight up on their screen, if they are online.
This may be good if you want to talk to someone - urgent or not.
of course you could disable it, like the other comment feature, if you don't want people to contact you.

What do you think?

• 40 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

There are other reasons for a PM system besides trying to contact someone directly.Also admins pages get spammed alot so that doesn't work very well.The main reason I would want a PM system is so no one else can read the message besides the other person.Also if it were to be implemented they would need an option to block messages from certain people in case those spam them.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I agree on their control panel, they should have the option to dible it and a ignore list.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

I would love this feature. I don't think PMs should give you A.P. though.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I agree on blocking one from pming you, so I think this should be implanted aswell and the user would see a message like "your pm could not be sent because the user you sent it to is blocking you"...

i totally agree. I really think this idea should be created and all ideas should be used.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, but in that thread total review just linked it says that Private Messaging is in a list of frequently suggested ideas.

Stormchaser
Stormchaser
278 posts
Nomad

I like the idea. It would be a good improvement to Armorgames. I do think you should get armor points for this.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

i don't really want this service to be used for any other reason apart from communication

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I've noticed Klaushouse has created a chatroom and i'm in no way to compete, it's nice for us to be able to talk. However, we can't have a chatroom on AG because of spamming. This method would be officially on AG and would obey the rules

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Another reason, why this idea would be good has just been proven. I just commented on two admins profile, yet they don't know about it (I don't blame them, no-one watches their profile all day)

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I hate private message systems. It's bothersome. I like the comments, having three systems is too much and if you want to send private info get their email or aim or msn or something. As for chatroom it holds as many people as needed and it's always going to be unofficial because AG tries chat, didn't work and it will stay that way. :[

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I just think that this would be good because we can't have a chatroom. Also I did mention that it may also be open to only Mods and admins, so that you can get help.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

I think this would be a great idea I bneed to PM Estel alot but I can't because I don't want everyone to see it.ANd you should get no AP for this!

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

99% of people have said that you shouldn't get AP and you all maybe right

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Do you think that the message should pop up, or a small icon which needs to be clicked on or mrtim's idea?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

None of the above. AG doesn't need more ways to send messages and intrude. Just e-mail them or hope to see them on chat or something. This isn't going to go through, too much work for something that isn't worth the work...

Showing 16-30 of 40