ForumsSupport ForumNew way to contact people PEASE READ

40 5487
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

After looking on the site, i only see two ways to communicate; by forums and profiles. As said before, forums aren't that good because you cant have a conversation with some particular people about anyhting. Profiles, you can, but it can be annoying when you need help from a Mod or Admin, and they don't check there profile. I thought of an idea where you got to their profile, click on a link which will open a box and you send them a private message which will pop straight up on their screen, if they are online.
This may be good if you want to talk to someone - urgent or not.
of course you could disable it, like the other comment feature, if you don't want people to contact you.

What do you think?

• 40 Replies
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

like someone said earlier, you shouldn't be able to delete your comments, and you can report abuse if people are misusing it.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I would love to hear what everyone thinks of my idea. Please

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Nice idea. Private Messaging cold help a lot.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Volcanboy, please use better titles from now on. Maybe put the word suggestion in it or at least take out the "PLEASE READ". People are thinking your suggestions are actually put in place so then they make threads asking why. Just from now on, make less moddy/adminy titles.

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

I think that's a good idea

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Just get the person's yahoo, gmail, windows live, etc.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

This is an awesome idea, but I doubt AG will develop this.

I can imagine it exactly. Would be so perfect! Like an IM program, but on the site right? Should be hard to make.

Well I hope they take it into consideration.

Dinluil
Dinluil
4 posts
Nomad

that's a really good idea

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the feedback Drace. It may be hard to make, but i think it is worth a try.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

A PM system has been suggested several times. It may be implemented at some point. Until then, there are several instant messaging programs out there for free. Almost all of us mods have one of them, so if you need to contact a mod quickly send them an instant message if you see that they are on. This is the easiest way to get ahold of one of us.

Same goes for contacting other users.

Showing 31-40 of 40