ForumsSupport ForumProfile Picture

23 4430
arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

I think we should be allowed to upload our own pictures if we want. It allows a little more freedom. The other pictures are getting old.

• 23 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Nah, it gives people more pleasure of achieving their armatars that uploading random pictures. Also the moderator would be flooded with pictures that they would have to check if they are appropriate and who wants to do that all day long?

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

I think we should just keep the armatars.

NightfangII
NightfangII
47 posts
Nomad

Here's a bonus of being able to upload your own pictures: flash avatars. There is only one forum that I know of that does this, and that is the DarwinBots forum (search on Google if you need know more...) This would let people upload small games as their avatars. Small enough games take less space than jpegs or PNGs.
As for achievements, you could let people upload larger (dimensions) avatars or something. Or maybe you can only upload your own picture when you have enough APs?
As for inappropriate avatars, people should be able to report it AND be able to hide that user's avatar.
Yes a mod would be flooded with avatars to check. Maybe try to split it into, say 25 pictures per person and ask some users to help? (I would be willing to help, I'd be happy to check, maybe, 1000 pictures a day. That is if they were emailed to me or uploaded somewhere for me to download in a .zip file. It wouldn't take long to check 1000 pictures when they are all avatar-sized)

I personally don't much like the style of the Armatars.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Well, it won't ever be happening, and that's good.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

I happen to like the armatars. I think it is good that we ARE sticking with them.

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

I didnt mean we get rid of the armatars, i meant we should have a option weather or not we should use armatars.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

@arkaninerenegade (wow, long name)

Carlie said we will not be doing what you are thinking.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

You can not take everything cool and put it into one site. That disrupts the flow of the site.

AG takes pride in it's Armatars and although it would be cool to upload your own pictures, it would ruin the flow of the site. The AG Armartars are one of the few things that makes this site different from every other site so allowing people to post their pics would work, but would not be nearly as productive as using just the armartars.

Yes, it may work on other sites but this is not the "other sites". It is ArmorGames.

Showing 16-23 of 23