ForumsSupport ForumFor my 1000th post: A related suggestion? MORE INFO INSIDE!

29 4002
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

So I am thinking maybe we should have milestones or something on AG. I know we do with ag points and such but that's vague. Some people have tons of points and no posts and stuff and all from rating games which pardon my saying is much easier and I worked a ton hard for my points as most of them are from forums! I only rate new games! XD So anyways. Maybe I am not sure what but we could get something if not just an e-mail or something fun for milestones like 1000 posts, 10 merits, 5000posts, 10k posts and stuff like that... for example not sure who else did but I downloaded firefox 3.0 on its release date and they send me a pdf with a picture and just added my name to it saying congrats on being part of a world record. You know those sites where you can add captions to the pictures it was pretty much one of those and it just puts your name. So maybe we could have a certificate for 1000th post and other nice little things like that. Heck I could make the certificate if you guys want!

• 29 Replies
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Yea, and a long title! WOW!

MissingTeddyHanssen
MissingTeddyHanssen
446 posts
Nomad

Congratulations on your 1000th post, Klaus.. I highly appreciate the effort to make your 1000th post very long! Lol! And oh, that suggestion would be maybe too complicated again for Carlie and for others behind the site.. But I say I would agree this time.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

That would encourage lots of users to spam... But otherwise, I would agree with this.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

I agree, but spamming would occur more, and that's not good, is it?!

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
585 posts
Nomad

Well, it could cause more spam, OR, if all of the above are implemented, it could encourage people to diversify how they get their points by getting all of those achievements. Just a thought.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

They should give you &quoterks" or something for certain AP milestones, like for higher up people, their comments are shown bigger (but not like merited comments) or maybe they get special content. WOULDN'T THAT BE SOMETHING?!?!

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Couldn't help but shorten the title after you said that

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

I think this is a great idea. And, special content would be the best! Like, a section of the site that only those who have earned the right can enter! Yah, this si a great idea, Klaus!

Btw, congratulations on ur 1001st post!

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I'd really like it. Heres an addition I thought up, tell me if it's good or not: When you get the Milestone, you'll get like a plaque on your profile, which says what milestone you got, and has a picture of the armatar you had when you got the milestone. I thought that'd be pretty sweet. And Klaus, congratulations on post number 1000. Isn't it weird how you, me, and fire all of a sudden got 1,000 posts? It's really sweet.

venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

An addition: Users will spam, but you can just ban them. Its more work, but heres my idea. you should be able to post, say, twice in 30 seconds, but the secon one does not give you points or a post count. Cuz sometimes i make mistakes in my posts, or i forget to 'say my rating in a comment... etc.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

I actually like this idea. But it would encourage spam.

venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

Again, i forgot something. For games like Free Rider Two, where people make many tracks, you should allow multiple posts, whereas only the first one gives ap. Because if you make a good course, you cant post in the comments cuz that would be "spamming"
LASTLY: The Merits/Awards should also be sorta like if you beat a game, you get one. And these awards give you AP, but depending on how hard the game is.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

uhh, Ventura, that has nothing at all to do with this suggestion. This is about Klaus's 1,000th post and a milestone suggestion. Your idea is like...a forum posting edit.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

yeah, But what if it was like under your rank. Like under were it says knight, lord.... and so one it has little boxes. And if you have done what it says next to it you get a little check mark.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Ventura, please, this has nothing to do with this. And theres a forum topic about FR2 maps for people to put as many as they want in. Getting a merit for beating a game sounds alright, but then people would repeatedly beat a very short game for thousands of points a day, AG would be ruined. Also, people wouldn't be encouraged to write thought provoking posts, when they get the same amount of points for playing like Tic Tac Toe or something. Not to mention that would be incredibly hard to program, and we'd probably have to take every single game off the site for like 5 months.

Showing 1-15 of 29