ForumsProgramming ForumI need some help with my website

17 7513
Calebc07
Calebc07
302 posts
Nomad

I dont know if this is in the right space but I am making a website for my band and i need the HTML code for Username and Passwords. If you can help just paste it and tell me where it goes (in between the <body></body> probably) and it would be much apprieciated ( i think i spelled that wrong)

• 17 Replies
gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

I was wondering this to... Also for a form of profile pages.

Calebc07
Calebc07
302 posts
Nomad

yes, i checked pagetutor but i need a membership

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

I'm popping this in Programming help, I think it will be more likely to be responded to there.

LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

Hmm well you seem to be looking for a language that is more advanced than HTML is you want to hold Usernames and Passwords. The HTML code that you would use would be in the 'form' tag, that will allow you to have text inputs where you can fill out the data, but if you want to be able to keep record of those names and passwords then you are going to want a coding language such as PHP/MySql or Ruby on Rails

UrbanKing
UrbanKing
113 posts
Nomad

what is your band name

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

I use a free hosting website (I don't have to pay). Is there still a way to make it save usernames and passwords?

LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

Well if your free hosting website supports Php and Mysql (or whatever language you wish to use) then yes, but then again I have no idea what you're free host supports so that would be up to you to find out

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

My site uses HTML.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Yes gman.. All sites use HTML... that's how you make a site. But your site's stuff is held within a server. Sortoff like a harddrive online. Some harddrives support what is called PHP and MySQL. PHP is a language to code things in, which is what most if not almost all sites use for this type of stuff. ANd MySQL is a database thing to help store stuff like usernames and passwords and such. Both tend to be needed for personal sites to make usernames passwords and other things.

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

Could you see if mine has that? If not, could you find one that would let me do that? Here is the hosting server I use:
http://weebly.com

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

It's one of those free sites so chances are you won't be able to do anything for a few reasons. One is that it's a huge site and big people like that tend to use different things that aren't PHP and mysql. Alot of the time they use ASP.net and Microsoft servers and such. Things more used for corporations. And even if it has php and mysql on it the programs won't have the clearance to be able to be used!

xixao
xixao
2 posts
Shepherd

Here's the process this type of functionality follows:

1. HTML page contains a form that collects username and password
2. The form gets submitted to a page of another language, such as PHP or ASP
3. The receiving page checks the submitted information against the contents of a database (MySQL, MSSQL, etc)
4. The page processes the result of the database query, and either accepts or rejects the login

Following this step, usually a cookie or session is created, so that the site remembers who the user is without having them login every time they change pages.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Very nice xixao. That pretty much sums it up quite well.

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

First it needs to be in a form like this
<body>
<form id="form1" name="form1" method=&quotost" action="">
&lt>UserName:
<input type="text" name="UserName" id="UserName" />
</p>
&lt>Password:
<input type="text" name="Password:" id="Password:" />
</p>
&lt>
<input type="submit" name="button" id="button" value="Log-in" />
</p>
</form>
</body>
</html>

That will display two text fields and a "log-in" button. Then you have to validate using MySql, and PHP. Also, more coding is required in MySql to recognize it as "a log-in system"

MySql will store the info, and PHP will retrieve it trough the severs.

SAL37
SAL37
447 posts
Peasant

what does website mean?
I know it's like a internet but what I mean on my control Panel what does it do?

Showing 1-15 of 17