ForumsSupport ForumSpoilers

14 3214
rumen
rumen
307 posts
Nomad

I don't know if it has been posted before.. didn't find it in the stickies, wasn't in the last pages in this forum so..

I was thinking of spoiler function. Very useful for Free Rider maps for example. I know it can get abused but not more than the normal forum.

Share your thoughts.

• 14 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Yea that would be good. Or atleast a shrink font button.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I don't think I understand...

Could you explain it better?

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

So much coding for new members to understand. This would just confuse most people. Though it would be nice.

Taishee
Taishee
77 posts
Shepherd

im confused. what? i know the free rider codes are long and stuff, but what does that have to do with spoilers? please fill me in.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Skip to the bold to get past all my mumbo jumbo.

I went on this one forum site (I was like, Hey! I am new and I think this forum looks nice! I will keep posting here and not leave like most people without saying a word... woops... errr... not enough people talked...)

Anyways, what they did was they had this spoiler button. If we were to impliment it into this site I beleive it would work very simular to the coding we have now (Which would be to type [coding here]message[/end coding].

What would happen... is that when someoen posts under "spoiler" or "hide" (just a different name) their will be this message in red and underlined 'Spoiler' and you will not see what is written under the spoiler untill you click it. When you click it, it will expand to reveal whatever it was hiding.

This would help out when people talk about video games when they do not want to openly ruin the game. Then if a person sees that their is a spoiler, then they can avoid clicking it and not ruin the game for themselves.

This would also help those track codes out a lot because instead of every page containing 10 "10-mile long" posts all on one page, it could contain 10 posts each with their track codes hidden. This would make the thread much easier to look at, more organised, and no more waiting till the page loads!

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Really, this can't possibly be too much coding, because it's been done on a million other sites! I think that this should be added, it should have been done before.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

It would not be hard to code at all.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Other sites use/buy (whatever...) other forum that have advanced features like spoiler.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Dan and his admins have made this whole site! I doubt coding is much of a problem. If coding is a problem then they will just keep working on it untill it all works out.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

Not too hard to code, as the code for people to use would be something like this:

<spoiler>LALALALALA<spoiler>

Or of the such. I have seen this on many sites.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I think it would be worth a shot. If it became too big a problem then it could always be removed.

BayernMunichFC
BayernMunichFC
110 posts
Jester

yea that would be sweet

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Yeah that is a good idea, I've seen this on loads of sites how would it be too hard to code. Or, you could just have an option to change the font colour to white, and then when you highlight the text it will be visible.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I really don't get the idea please explain more.

Showing 1-14 of 14