ForumsSupport ForumTake Lessons from Facebook.

25 3659
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Unless you live in a cave in the middle of nowhere you will probably have facebook or at least be aware of its existence. I think making the profiles for armor games more like it making it easier and better for the users to operate. This encompasses all manner of ideas. I think there should be photos allowed on profile pages. I think this could be kl. It wouldnt replace armatars but it would only be visible for friends to see so you wouldnt get random people pervin on pics. There should also be friend requests. So u dont get people adding u withoutt knowledge and it would also making friends easier. There should also be status like on facebook as it gives more strucure to the about section and i think its kl. I dont want ag to just copy it cos it should remain different to a social networking site but i think we could take the good bits from it that would work on here. Wot do u think.

• 25 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

If we emulate things like Facebook or Myspace, we are going to lose the very purpose of this site. It is a gaming community and by focusing our attention on setting up profiles and chat systems we are shifting away from the fundamentals here.
My argument is that since everyone does seem to have one of these account and probably some sort of instant messenger program, why should we implement them here? Facebook and AIM (or whatever) work great and you could even set up an account with your AG name.
There are plenty of social networking tools out there, but we need to stick with what we're good at: making fun flash games and bringing people together who enjoy playing them.

scarblade619
scarblade619
198 posts
Nomad

@ Moegreche - I guess you are right

making fun flash games and bringing people together who enjoy playing them.

True to every word
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Old members of Armor Games knows that Armor Games is associated with FaceBook and MySpace now.

*Cough* I'm not Old lol! I am an 'older' member...since I have been here a while....lol!

Umm...Back on topic!

ArmorGames is not a social-networking site - it is a flash gaming site. It is not meant for people to meet people, it is made for playing games. MyBook and FaceSpace are on the web for that purpose, and AG isn't just going to emulate another site.

Maybe the friends request my be an ok idea, but I would hate to get 100 emails a day of people who want to be my friend.

KingRyan
scarblade619
scarblade619
198 posts
Nomad

Its not like we are trying to destroy the site , they are just suggestions which can possibly attract more users to join and also make things a little bit more fun , even if the site is original that doesn't mean it can't be improved

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

ye thats wat i was trying to say. Just because its not a social networking site doesnt mean we shouldnt take some of the good ideas to make ag better. It doesnt mean ag will become a clone of facebook, it would just be improved by some of the ideas.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I actually like the profiles how they are now just fine, and Facebook isn't all that great.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Facebook isn't all that great.

It is a great way to keep in touch with people who are abroad.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

True, I used to use it, but it got boring after a while, and I got those people's emails.

scarblade619
scarblade619
198 posts
Nomad

I'm not saying that the site should become a facebook clone or anything , I am saying that it can be improved a little bit by taking 1 or 2 suggestions seriously , that's all

@woody , dude i support you on this thread

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

There should also be friend requests. So u dont get people adding u withoutt knowledge and it would also making friends easier.

Why does it matter if someone adds you? I think the important part is if you add back.
Showing 16-25 of 25