ForumsSupport ForumVerification E-mail More In Depth Info?

10 2388
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I was thinking, as we need to confirm out account in our e-mail before we can log in, I was thinking that we could add more info into the verification e-mails, like links to the community or the About or the Help sections.

Maybe it could explain more to give newbies a easier time on AG.

Unless they don't read the e-mails, of course...

• 10 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Sorry but do you know of anyone who actually does read the e-mails?I sure don't.I just skip to the link and get on with it.I like the idea,but it won't stop everyone from asking stuff like "OMG age won't reset!!!!!!" and stuff like that.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Sorry. Just an idea.

But really, not much else can stop them asking either.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

It is a good idea, but many wouldn't read the whole e-mail...
It still could be implemented...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe 10% of the people will read it.

After all, the links catch your eye.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Talking to yourself a bit much? I beleive this can be considered bumping which is against the rules to sipmly post to bump a thread.

Actually it is not a problem either. Many more users are aware of the community and such than what you make it look. This idea is nice but it does not realy solve and problems or make things that much easier. It would be nice to have some things being explained in the e-mails but people can and do figure out the site themselves.

Anyways those emails are always best left short and simple. People who activate acounts just want to activate their acount. Most would not take the time to read more than a paragraph of the email.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

20% of the people actually read the rules, same people as the ones who would read the email and many more. Sorry no good : (

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

Actually, i don't think this is a good idea. Most people tend to just find the one link they need to click and then not read the rest.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Actually, i don't think this is a good idea. Most people tend to just find the one link they need to click and then not read the rest.

Yeah, it's annoying, but I can't blame. I do it myself sometimes.
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

25% night anyways I always look at the links and see should I click them or not.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

25% night anyways I always look at the links and see should I click them or not.

Oops I meant might not night.
Showing 1-10 of 10