27 3923
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Idea
Assistant's

Description
Simple as this. Just members who can take questions, help point new embers into the right direction. Basically everything a mod has to do, without the powers. This way, the mods and especially admins aren't waking up and logging on to see 300 comments piled up ^_^

Where this works
We have this implemented onto our site and it is currently working great! I can actually kick back and enjoy the site for what it is.

Yay...Nay?

• 27 Replies
Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Oh, and possibl they would be a dif color such as mods, just not bold.

and posts color stays the same i think.

Yay? Nay?

yann510
yann510
29 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, Assistant's is a nice idea ! I totaly support it.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

People already do that, so (I forgot the word) picked people isn't needed.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

uhh well can't you already ask any member any question about the site?

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Nay.

For there are numerous stickied threads and there's a Help section on the website. When neither of these tools have worked to answer their question, then these newbies shall contact a mod/admin.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Nay. Mod seem to be doing quite fine. And this is pretty much just a person who would point the person to stickies. It's like adding a middleman to a transaction just for the hell of it.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Really, this has been suggested before, but in different ways. Mods with less power. It's been turned down before. Really, I think that we just NEED MORE MODS. I know we can't force these things, but mod sightings can be far and few between.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Moderators moderate in their free time (and I think we've all read the 'moderators have lives too y'know' speech).

But just remember, the users are "moderators" (I use the term loosely) too -- we have the power to answer questions for other users and use the flag, darn it!

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

Really, this has been suggested before, but in different ways. Mods with less power. It's been turned down before. Really, I think that we just NEED MORE MODS. I know we can't force these things, but mod sightings can be far and few between.

We don't need more mods. If we had a problem with spam, we would need mods, but this is the least spammy site on the internet. Everyone just exaggerates the problem way too much.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I'm sorry,but that would be like having a customer at a store,who just has a flashy name tag.If someone wants to help then they will.I try to help as much as I can,and am sure there are plenty of others who do as well.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I think that what normal veteran ag members do already like crimsonblade55 and others. That's why there are forums.

Bogga1314
Bogga1314
109 posts
Nomad

I'm not really sure if you need to have that, people are really helpful as it is, and if someone ever needed something, i can hope that a nice person would help them,regardless of their position of power

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Yes what is the point just get mods that aren't very powerful what is the point?

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Its a very good idea actually Arax I like it alot so I am gonna have to say Yay.

Showing 1-15 of 27