ForumsSupport ForumWarns

44 6121
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Warnings would show up on your profile though only user who has them can view them, also only mods could assign. A user would 3 black boxes that fill up after after warnings.
The Warn icons would be as follows
No Warnings-3 blank black boxes on profile
1st Warning1 green filled box every warn, after 3, 1 week ban
2nd Warning-1 red filled box for every warn, all 3 results in permanent ban.
Basically this for showing how close a user is being banned.

• 44 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I understand the beneficial use of such a system, but I am afraid that something that publicly displays information like this would just end up embarrassing people. I think we would see a lot of people heckling members on their profile because they only have 'one warning left'.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Yeah, it would be a good idea, but I don't think it should be publicly displayed.

I've seen it being used on other forums.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

I understand the beneficial use of such a system, but I am afraid that something that publicly displays information like this would just end up embarrassing people. I think we would see a lot of people heckling members on their profile because they only have 'one warning left'.

Carlie, please read my first sentence. It says that only the person who has warning can view their own warns(besides mods/admins of course). so if you have even 2 out 3 red warns no one knows besides the staff and you, and even talking about it with other members would have be reported since its supposed to be private.
Kingy
Kingy
251 posts
Nomad

It is a pretty cool idea but what if you were on your 2nd warning and then you changed your attidude completely would you lose the warnings so basically what I am saying is can you lose the warnings?Anyway it is a great idea.I would like to see it happen.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I think this would be a good idea if only the mods/admins and the user could see their own warn level.

Also, it should take a long time before the warn level is dropped like not just 2 weeks.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

After a month of no warns an account would revert back to normal.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I understand the beneficial use of such a system, but I am afraid that something that publicly displays information like this would just end up embarrassing people. I think we would see a lot of people heckling members on their profile because they only have 'one warning left'

He actually mentioned that only the user and the mods can see them. It was actually stated in his first sentence...

Anyways i think that this idea is brilliant, it will let people know they are not getting away from anything, and shock them back into following the rules by seeing how close they are to a ban, that might be permanent.
Kingy
Kingy
251 posts
Nomad

After a month of no warns an account would revert back to normal.

Yea okay that is a good idea I think.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Yes it is a good idea! How hard would it be to implement this into the profile pages though?

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Yes it is a good idea! How hard would it be to implement this into the profile pages though?

Not too hard, but making invisible members and not admin make take a little extra coding. All in all I can't imagine it being harder the then the rank system.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

So you can do wrong untill you are "almost" in trouble?

The mods already warn users when they do something wrong. Sure, different mods have different amounts of pataince for broken rules but not every rule broken is punishable by the same means.

If someone was to do one thing, like swearing and arguing with another member, then I myself beleive they may deserve a single warning. If someone else does something more drastic, lets say they troll the community posting up obscured pics, then I would instantly ban them. Now what I would do does not matter but realize that certain rules deserve different punishments and amounts of warnings.

If you allow each user a check for each thing they did wrong (even if a mod could give them more than one mark at a time) they will stop doing what they do wrong and eventually they will lose their warns. That only means that they are free to break the rules all over again untill they get right to the point of getting close to being banned. Then they stop. The process would start over.

A lot of people have been getting banned lately because they feel that just because they have a lot of AP and are popular means that they will be more safe from being banned. What if someone who was ranked high broke a rule? The members have their backs. The mods will not get rid of them because they are popular. It is this mentallity that got them banned! It is the mentallity that being high ranked protected them from being banned so easily.

scarblade619
scarblade619
198 posts
Nomad

Good idea , however , also there must be proof on what the user did wrong so they should show that along with each warn

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I like this idea, but as people are saying, it would be good to not open your own "Warning boxes" to the public.
This wouldn't take much coding. In fact, not much more coding than your profile...

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Good idea , however , also there must be proof on what the user did wrong so they should show that along with each warn

Proof or an example? The mods always have proof. They should not have to show proof to the person who has done wrong. People who break rules know they have broken a rule and therefore it would be pointless to represent proof to them.

I have seen many members break rules and I have seen a bunch of people warning them "If you keep doing this you will get into trouble" including mods. The mods do warn people. They even explain why they are warning that person. In fact if a mod tells you in plain English you are doing something wrong then that is much more clear than a filled in green/red box.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

[quote=NoNameC68]So you can do wrong untill you are "almost" in trouble?[/quote]

No, when you get your first warn, you get a temporary ban, second warn = longer temp ban, third warn= perma-ban.

Showing 1-15 of 44