ForumsSupport ForumArmatar Competition

25 4525
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Over the past few days i have been admiring some of the great artwork people have been submitting into the art forums. I am also aware that many people say that want more new armatars. I thought it could be a good idea to put these peoples talents to use and have a competition to see who could make the best armatars and the top 5 get theirs submitted into the site for real. I just think it would be kl because it would let the people on the site feel more involved and we would get more armatars as some people have been asking for.

• 25 Replies
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Hmm it could be a pretty good actually but what if there was no good submitions?And they were not good armatars and would it be a customised theme?It is pretty good suggestion!

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Well, Arax_Nisanu (Naturally) would make great armatars... But a new user that lied about his age would just spam pictures of Clifford.

I think opening armatar jobs the the public is just a bad idea.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

well if the armatars were not good enough( i doubt this would be the case) then they would just not be used.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well Arax unfortunately wouldn't be a good candidate. He is more of a render man, as in he takes a picture and does effects around it to bring out the prettyness of the picture, completely different area. It's like saying a professional tennis player is a pro football player because he is good at sports.

But anyways this is a bad idea because this would start armartars of a different genre.
All the armartars are made by one guy with one specific art genre and every single armartar follows that. That's why they are so nice, it's not like having random pictures but rather all the stuff is the same style so it fits in nice with the site. Having other people do armartars would look unclean and sporadically bad.

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

I think this is a great idea! And maybe it would be themed like the art competitions.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Well, before we can start something like that, Carlie would have to authorize it, so starting this now would most likely be a waste of time. If Carlie approves, then do it, but don't do it yet.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Im not saying its starting now. I was just seeing if people thought it would be a good idea or not.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I think this idea has been brought up before... there would be too many inappropriate submissions, and it would just create more work for the mods.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, we do have some great artists on this website, and I would love to see members of Armorgames participate in armatar-making, but I think we should leave it to the AG team to do it. Organizing a contest like this will take down their time even more, and they don't have much time already. I think we already have a good batch of armatars and are not that much in need of new ones. When they think the time is right, they'll release new ones. This is only my opinion.

hockeyman
hockeyman
43 posts
Nomad

ya isnt there enough armatars already and like firetail said the mods will come out with new armatars soon enough

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I don't think it's the mods, I think John makes the armatars...

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

I think we should stick with one art style on here. If we had other people making armatars then there would be different artstyles. We should stick to a single one so everythign is not messy.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I think this idea has been presented before, and for some reason we decided against it. The armatars all have a specific style, and although the winning one might be cool, it might just stick out as way different than all the others.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

No need to be sorry. Ideas are what we thrive off. It was rejected, go to the next, no need to be sorry for an idea!

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

ok sorry. It was just an idea.

Showing 1-15 of 25