ForumsArt, Music, and WritingResignation

37 7484
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Well, guys, just wanted to let everyone know that i will no longer be participating in the weekly gfx battles. It seems wrong for me to be competing in the competition i started. My aim in creating this competition wasn't so i could whoop everyone's butt and gain some points. It was never about points. It was about my love for art. Many of you have experience with photoshop and have called me out on the fact that it i exaggerate the length timing it took me to create them. This is true. I am a perfectionist. At any sign of an error, i just scratch the whole piece. But, i do have a tenancy to exaggerate the layers/effects that mumble jumble. So guys, now that that is over, let the battles continue! I may just sit back and watch. Might help Carlie judge since she has lots of administrative tasks to attend to ^_^ Sorry guys.

Should have done this a while ago.

• 37 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

... :/

You act like you are so good that no one else wins. Tons of people are way better than you so I don't see a point in you quitting so others win, since others already beat you a bunch!

And this seems to me like a watered down StarScreamer I want attention thread, which it is.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Dude this is just an attention thread to say "I'm so good please argue with me and flatter me so i can decide to stay gracefully and look awesome".

No offense but it's true. You could of just quietly ON THE GFX THREAD said i am out for whatever reasons.

*_*

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Wow guys, don't jump to conclusion. I have no need for attention. I hate it. I'm just stating why i am leaving. If you don't want to hear it, don't read it. I don't need people posting stuff like you and klaushouse.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

If you didn't want attention you wouldn't post this, you would have posted it in the gfx thread but no you make a big post like its the end of the world.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

You guys don't get it do you! Why do you think Strop and John would take time to compete? They have better things to do! They only did it so i would have a challenge.

...the heck, man?

I hate to weigh in on this but I don't like it when people put words in my mouth. Especially when they're false.

I contribute to the GFX art battles when I have time because it's fun and the topic of the week might interest me. And that's it, really. I don't care who wins how many times. I care that proper procedure is adhered to, everything is properly represented and most importantly that everybody has fun.

Bottom line: This means that I don't care that any particular person does or does not participate, I only care that they upload images that are full of win, make me lol and don't break any rules. Incidentally, I also care that people don't lie about anything, but this is more to do with getting along with people as well as maintaining site policy: if in the course of lying one is breaking the rules that is simply unacceptable.

So if you're not participating for whatever reasons you may have, that's fine. But Arax, don't claim things like I was participating just to give you a challenge. If I was really doing that I would be insulting the other users and yourself, but as it stands, I find the suggestion rude.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I

don't care

about anything

but

getting along with

Arax

I read between the lines and I read love!
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Yes, love, for love is the root of all life...REPENT YE OF ALL YOUR SINS AND ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!

...you're evil Klaus.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/934/apathyqm2.jpg

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

LOL okay, we're officially totally off-topic. If nobody has anything else to say, should I wrap up this thread?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Might be a good idea to wrap it up, since Arax said he doesn't want the attention anyway. I don't know.
But lol, nice picture! XD

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Strop, don't be stupid, i know Carlie asked ou and John to compete.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

...stupid?

While I don't recall anything of the sort, either way, an expression of interest and an open invitation are very different from being specifically asked to participate in order to "combat your awesomeness".

You're skirting dangerously close to a point of no return, Arax, and I can only hope you recognise what that means. I suggest exhaling deeply a few times to combat that rush of blood to the head.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

allow the beef everyone. at the end of the day its just art on a flash gaming website. evry1 needs 2 chillax. If u wanna argue the forums aint hte place to do it. I was disappointed arax wont be competing but im not gonna loose sleep over it. Calming down is whats needed.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Klaushouse, that last comment of your made my day

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Strop, don't be stupid, i know Carlie asked ou and John to compete.

Haha wow, what a conclusion to jump to! I never asked either of them to join. They are both very good at art, and wanted a chance to submit some cool stuff. If you want to quit, that is fine, but don't try to drag others down with you. It just gets pathetic then. Sorry, but true.
Showing 16-30 of 37