ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3746912
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

But we won't know when Wolf will finish it still.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Ummmmm, is there going to be any judging?

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

how exactly long should the poem be? this is my first contest, sorry for newb question.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

how exactly long should the poem be? this is my first contest, sorry for newb question.

As long as you want it to be.
But in case you didn't know, the deadline for this contest is passed. You'll have to wait for the next one, which shouldn't be long, since it's been a week now since the deadline passed.
aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

kk thxs for the info, hopefully i can make a poem for the next contest.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

kk thxs for the info, hopefully i can make a poem for the next contest.

No problem, and good luck with your debut.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

@Zaky

No one knows apart from Wolf.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Sorry guys my internet has been down for nearly a week. Furthermore I didn't have time last night when I moved back into my dorm. SO you will see judging tomorrow. Sorry for the delays.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Not to be the impatient one here, but it's been two days since wolf promised judging, and 12 days since the deadline...

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Not to be the impatient one here, but it's been two days since wolf promised judging, and 12 days since the deadline...

Fair enough. If Wolf hasn't judged by *enter time that might be appropriate for temporary judge replacement* I can judge instead. Not saying that we should, but just in case he doesn't.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

You did know guys, I was perfectly happy to have judged a week ago? Haha!

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

k, if he doesn't enter judging by noon on january 15, i nominate nicho to take over permanently as the judge, seeing as he is an active member of the AG community.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

i nominate nicho to take over permanently as the judge

I don't really think we have the authority to pick a permanent judge. This contest does fall under moderator and admin jurisdiction, after all. If anything, we should just have a temporary judge.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Hello guys. As you may have noticed I haven't been keeping up with the judging duties the past few months. I suppose I owe you all an explanation. The reason is essentially two fold, and I hope you all deem this reason acceptable.

1. I have begun university and am in a constant state of super business, and when I do make schedueled times to judge something often comes up.

2. The last month has been extremely hard on me personally. Some of you may be aware that I suffer depression, lately it has been far more of a problem than in the past.

Due to these reason I deem it best if Nicho takes over my position as judge, unless there is another candidate you can agree on. Furthermore I will be taking a hiatus from the site until I straighten things out.

-Wolf

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I'm going to call it "Poetry Judge" Syndrome. I quit and lagged as a judge in 2009 because of heavy work, random unexpected stuff when I'm free and because of depression which led me to leave AG in 2010.

Hopefully it won't boomerang back at me now :< Take care Wolf.
Judging will be tonight.

Showing 3331-3345 of 3868