ForumsSupport Forumuser birthdays

27 4252
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

There should be a thing at the bottom of the forums saying "X users are celebrating a birthday" and have a list. It would just be a little recognition on your special day

• 27 Replies
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Well, this is kind of an invasion of privacy. As you can tell, a lot of member's born dates are usually way of. The only ones you can trust are correct are the staffs. You can't even believe me maybe... Also, I have prepared a long, tedious, sleep compelling speech. Cliche'

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Hey why not? But then you can keep changing your birthday everyday to the current day so yea you get the point...

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

eh this is and ok thing, but then I don't know if people want it to be known. Maybe a way in the Control Panel to say you don't want others to know.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Well, this is kind of an invasion of privacy. As you can tell, a lot of member's born dates are usually way of. The only ones you can trust are correct are the staffs. You can't even believe me maybe... Also, I have prepared a long, tedious, sleep compelling speech. Cliche'

If we had something like this, it would definitely need to be an option that can be privacy protected. I mean, some people got upset when we added the "Member Since" thing on the profiles.
Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

well you don't have to say your birthday. just like you don't have to say your age and location.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

It could be optional.

But then it would get confusing.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

It could be optional.

But then it would get confusing.

What would be confusing about it?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, not really confusing, but if people chose not to put it..well, maybe you won't see it.

Hmm...maybe I thought wrong.

Never mind, ignore the confusing part.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, it definitely would be something that could be hidden. We do not want that shared if people don't want it to.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

I think if you did something like this, people wouldn't get mad.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk295/CosmicCharlie123/untitled-12.jpg?t=1220585188

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Well, people could really just choose whether or not they'd want their age to show. With the "Member since" thing, there wasn't really an option.

Yea, we are looking into offering more privacy options on profiles. So that would be something that would require it.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It seems like everyone wants the Armor Games Forums to be ProBoard Forums. Might as well switch to ProBoards? Edit function! Birthday function! Forum reputation function! (Mini-mods!) The list goes on! Yes, I jest.

//Commenting on the above is point(less). Just pointing out something.

Sep 4, '08 at 10:50pm, Carlie wrote:

If we had something like this, it would definitely need to be an option that can be privacy protected. I mean, some people got upset when we added the "Member Since" thing on the profiles.

Well, people could really just choose whether or not they'd want their age to show. With the "Member since" thing, there wasn't really an option.
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

We would also have the changing of birthdays but we can eliminate that account. People can just make a joke out of this but we can eliminate them too. I wonder if I should...

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

People can just make a joke out of this but we can eliminate them too. I wonder if I should...

What do you mean, make a joke out of it?
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Out of curiousity, what exactly is the big deal surrounding "Member since..."? The only thing I could think of is: "oh no, people think I'm a nubz!" -- which is a stupid reason!

Showing 1-15 of 27